The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

surely Southgate is sacked now?

What's the point in sacking him now? They're down already.

Gibson said he'd still be there next season even if they went down too, but we'll have to see whether he sticks to that claim.

Guest The Libertine

Southampton pretty much down if they don't beat us on Tuesday.  :dowie:

but relegation COULD be a good thing innit!!

steve gibson is losing more and more of his "great chairman" reputation by the game. they could be massively fucked if they get relegated.

steve gibson is losing more and more of his "great chairman" reputation by the game. they could be massively fucked if they get relegated.

Relegation would be good for Southampton. It would allow them to clean themselves inside and out - they didn't do it when they dropped from the Prem, but will get new ownership pretty soon who should be able to restructure the whole club. Still sad to see such a big team drop though.

Guest kingdawson

Liverpool have battered Fulham. They've hit the woodwork 4 times so far. Very one sided game.

steve gibson is losing more and more of his "great chairman" reputation by the game. they could be massively f***ed if they get relegated.

True. How will they be able to pack out their stadium if they were in the Championship?

:shifty:

Guest kingdawson

steve gibson is losing more and more of his "great chairman" reputation by the game. they could be massively f***ed if they get relegated.

Relegation would be good for Southampton. It would allow them to clean themselves inside and out - they didn't do it when they dropped from the Prem, but will get new ownership pretty soon who should be able to restructure the whole club. Still sad to see such a big team drop though.

Who would have thought that Charlton and Southampton would be 2 of the 3 teams going down, at the beginning of the season.

Liverpool have battered Fulham. They've hit the woodwork 4 times so far. Very one sided game.

That means the laws of the universe will make it so that Fulham scores a fluky winner towards the end.

Who would have thought that Charlton and Southampton would be 2 of the 3 teams going down, at the beginning of the season.

Agreed, although I'd rather see Charlton go down that the Saints.

Yes, Liverpool playing well.......lets hope they lose, and lose bad.

A big part of me unsurprisingly wants to see Liverpool lose via a 90th minute goal that deflects in off I dunno, Bobby Zamora's elbow.

However a smaller part of me wants Liverpool to win to make the title race exciting for as long as possible. A United defeat tomorrow would be good for the race. Won't happen though.

A big part of me unsurprisingly wants to see Liverpool lose via a 90th minute goal that deflects in off I dunno, Bobby Zamora's elbow.

You mean a Brede Hangeland header from a corner, silly. :snod:

At least make it an overhead kick.

At least make it an overhead kick.

He's tall, he's like Crouch in the sense he could just stand still and direct it in with his head while the players around him are jumping to get up.

surely Southgate is sacked now?

What's the point in sacking him now? They're down already.

Gibson said he'd still be there next season even if they went down too, but we'll have to see whether he sticks to that claim.

Because he's obviously lost the dressing room and there's no point in keeping him other than building up even more ill will with the fans.

Get an up and coming Championship manager in, pray for a miracle, if you don't get it you've got a ready made replacement who can start preparing for the second tier now rather than fucking around for a month or two in the summer looking for a replacement.