Pre Match - Newcastle United vs West Ham Utd - Sat 10th Jan @ 15:00

Skirge

I'd rather play Jonas on the left and Geremi on the right than play either N'Zogbia or Duff tbh. Geremi is very good at finding Owens head, which compensates for his lack of everything else in his game.

Rather play him in the middle, best of both worlds that way.

If Zoggy wasnt so one footed id have no problem stickin him on the right, would like to see him try it though. His crossing is poor so Id like to see him cross from the right so that they're always going into the goal area.

If Zoggy wasnt so one footed id have no problem stickin him on the right, would like to see him try it though. His crossing is poor so Id like to see him cross from the right so that they're always going into the goal area.

Fat Sam played him on the right iirc and he was terrible.

I'd rather play Jonas on the left and Geremi on the right than play either N'Zogbia or Duff tbh. Geremi is very good at finding Owens head, which compensates for his lack of everything else in his game.

Rather play him in the middle, best of both worlds that way.

That would mean we'd have to play Duff though ;)

I'm talking about this season though...how many's N'Zogbia set up?

One, which is more than Duff.

Zog's assists:

Technically Xisco's against Hull (shot hit the post)

Martins vs. Wigan

(Coventry if it's an OG)

Duff's assists:

Both poor compared to Milners assist stats.

Yes but if we're picking the team on assists Geremi is the main man

I never said we should.  I was just replying to those that seem to think assist stats are everything when choosing between Duff and Zog.

IMO both would have to create a shit load of goals before it started to make up for their other limitations.

Credit to Duffs effort and ability to keep the ball decently but apart form that he offers absolutely nothing over Zoggy. N'Zogbia might go missing in games but he has 10x the ability on the ball that Duff has at the moment.

Team;

Given

Taylor        Coloccini      Bassong        Enrique

Geremi

Guthrie

Jonas                                              N'Zogbia

Duff

Owen

Guest Ice__Mag

Given

Taylor Colo Bassong Enrique

Duff Guthrie Zog Jonas

Owen Carrol

As mentioned earlier in the thread Jonas looks more dangerous on the left, got to put him there he always looks our most dangerous player.

Given

Taylor Colo Bassong Enrique

Duff Guthrie Zog Jonas

Owen Carrol

As mentioned earlier in the thread Jonas looks more dangerous on the left, got to put him there he always looks our most dangerous player.

Completely agree on Jonas like. I picked my team on what i expect to see from Kinnear, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see Carrol get another chance.

I would go for this

...............Shay................

Taylor....Colo...Bass.....Henry

Jonas....Guthrie...Geremi....Duff

.........Owen...................

..................RANGER........

Carrol may have the build and gait of a sweaty sock with a penchant for heedbutting that used to play for us,  but has about a tenth of the talent and ability. Would rather have the banana man on from the start and surprise those hammers. If ameaba is fit then give him 45 mins to see what part of his schitzo personality turns up....

Guest Geordiecunny

Given

Talor                      Colo                                    Bass                  Jose

Jonas                            Guth                                    Lua Lua            Zog

Owen                                      Xisco

Geremi is no better than Butt- I think LuaLua would keep the ball better and get at them a bit. Carroll is championship standard at best. Zog over Duff just about.

Is N'Zogbia back for this one?

If he is, I'd go with him on the left, Jonas on the right, and Duff up with Owen.

If he's not, I'd go with Jonas on the left, Geremi on the right, and Duff up front.

Supposed to be fit.