Pre Match - Newcastle United vs West Ham Utd - Sat 10th Jan @ 15:00

Skirge

Guest toonlass

Home game for us

They beat us already this season

They have won the last 4 or 5

Can only see a win for us tbh, they are due to lose.

They've won their last 3, but one of them was against Barnsley in the cup.  They actually have exactly the same number of points from there last 5 games as we have (7 points).

Ok I'll be the jinx. They haven't won up here for the past 6 years I believe.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd really prefer it if we could drop N'Zogbia and play Gutierrez on the left, he's wasted at right wing and Zog's a tit.  But who could we play right wing?

*breathe in, sigh*....Duff.

To be honest that might be a sacrifice worth making.  Duff on the right but with Jonas in his proper position ripping into West Ham is preferable to Jonas playing poorly and N'Zogbia moaning for 90 minutes.  At least then we'll be effective on one side of the pitch.  I suppose it all depends on whether Kinnear believes N'Zogbia is up for the game or not.

Can Lua Lua not play right side?

Happy training day today :D

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84222365.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA0732610851E2980599154BE30A760B0D811297

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84222363.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA0732612531020D6F1F5304E30A760B0D811297

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/84222352.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261D03806A4B7362DD6E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/84222313.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA073261AD9450BE37B97366E30A760B0D811297

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84222321.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA07326130D3469B14F08D67E30A760B0D811297

To be honest that might be a sacrifice worth making.  Duff on the right but with Jonas in his proper position ripping into West Ham is preferable to Jonas playing poorly and N'Zogbia moaning for 90 minutes.  At least then we'll be effective on one side of the pitch.  I suppose it all depends on whether Kinnear believes N'Zogbia is up for the game or not.

They are talking about putting N'Zog in the centre with Guthrie anyway. If that does happen though I would expect Jonas to stay out Right with Duff on the left. They have been alternating through the game, they need to mix it up more regularly though imo.

They are talking about putting N'Zog in the centre with Guthrie anyway. If that does happen though I would expect Jonas to stay out Right with Duff on the left. They have been alternating through the game, they need to mix it up more regularly though imo.

Zog in the centre no thanks,has to be Geremi to slot in the midle of the park

Beeb:

Newcastle (from): Given, Harper, Enrique, Bassong, Coloccini, Taylor, Edgar, Kadar, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Duff, Gutierrez, Geremi, Donaldson, Owen, Carroll, Xisco, LuaLua, Ranger.

:smug:

He and Donaldson are more likely to get minutes than Xisco.

Beeb:

Newcastle (from): Given, Harper, Enrique, Bassong, Coloccini, Taylor, Edgar, Kadar, Guthrie, N'Zogbia, Duff, Gutierrez, Geremi, Donaldson, Owen, Carroll, Xisco, LuaLua, Ranger.

If that squad is correct, at least one of Donaldson and Ranger will feature on the bench. It's going to be an extremely youthful looking bench; will be interesting to see who Kinnear gives chances to.

Guest RowanB

No mate. That suggests they're going to win. How can you be due a loss?

I have a horrible feeling alot of this match depends on Bellamy.

What i will say is that we have beaten better sides at home (Spurs, Villa), ignoring the fact we have lost against worse.

No mate. That suggests they're going to win. How can you be due a loss?

I agree if that was true it probably would suggest that, but its not so its ok :)

Also when they beat us we were in the middle of a 5 game losing streak without a manager, even the Spuds managed to beat us back then!  Which is normally impossible!! :lol: