Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

True Lib, hopefully JK gets credit for that.

:lol:

Credit for what, exactly? Do you seriously think he's the one doing the deals here?!

Whoever is doing the deals does not matter. They are working together. The level of involvement of each does not matter. What matters is who we end up with, and on what terms. Some on here will have you believe that JFK/Wise/Ashley were bringing Lovendkrands in for free, giving him a 5 year contract on 60k pw, and parading him on an open top bus.

They are doing a sensible thing with this deal. It's by no means sensational, and on its own will not improve much. But I'll wait till Feb 2nd before I make any accusations or have any heart attacks.

Guest Heneage

Credit for what, exactly? Do you seriously think he's the one doing the deals here?!

I believe he's involved. Everyone on here is too quick to jump on his mistakes and ignore his good work. I don't think he's that bad a guy, and he's doing a decent job. I also feel people really underestimate him at times.

I believe he's involved. Everyone on here is too quick to jump on his mistakes and ignore his good work. I don't think he's that bad a guy, and he's doing a decent job. I also feel people really underestimate him at times.

If we go down he'll get a large slice of the blame and rightly so.

Guest Heneage

Yes, but at the minute he's not even getting credit for the wins he has had. But I will keep supporting the guy for the time being as bar one or two iffy decisions he has been a decent enough job good considering his circumstances.

Yes, but at the minute he's not even getting credit for the wins he has had. But I will keep supporting the guy for the time being as bar one or two iffy decisions he has been a decent enough job good considering his circumstances.

He deserves credit for some of the wins we've had most certainly. Although that doesn't excuse the amount of points dropped at home against teams we should be beating.

He deserves credit for some of the wins we've had most certainly. Although that doesn't excuse the amount of points dropped at home against teams we should be beating.

He would probably hold his hands up to some of his tactics in some of those home games though from what i can tell.

Say he had got 3 points from the Stoke, Wigan and City home games. We'd be = 7th on points with Wigan and Kinnear would rightly be being hailed as a fantastic manager. Is that the difference between being canny shit and fantastic? Thats a thin line like. 

Offered contract until the end of the season. If he impresses in training that is good enough for me.

Mind you Shola and Duff are both good in training apparently.

Kinnear quotes;

"Newcastle United have snapped up former-Rangers, and Schalke 04 winger Peter Løvenkrands on a free transfer. The Danish International has agreed a deal extending his stay until the end of the season, when he will be given the opportunity to decide on his future.

'We have spoken about him staying with me until the end of the season and then looking at it at the end of the season, and that's the position we find ourselves in at the moment,' Magpies gaffer Joe Kinnear said.

'He is happy to do that, so hopefully we can tie something up and make something permanent at the end of this week for the rest of the season."

Guest Stephen927

Got no problem if we do sign him until the end of the season.

He's 28 so will still have bags of pace, it's not like he's an over the hill player like Diatta was.

He'll offer us some pace up front in the absense of Martins, and if N'Zogbia does leave he can fill in on the left flank. Seems like a good move for all involved.

Seems acceptable enough. I hope this doesn't stop us spending money in other, much needed areas though.

What money?

Wages.

Even Sir Bobby had to clear players out to be allowed to bring others in.