Peter Løvenkradns signs cøntract tø end øf seasøn

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A technical and pacy, but very lightweight and lazy, player. Since he changed fr om Rangers, where he scored an awful lot of goals, to Schalke, he has been injured almost constantly and has never really gotten into shape. I also seem to remember a german magazine giving him the award as being the most lazy player in the bundesliga; meaning the playing making the least tackles per game.

Here you go, new thread lovers. :razz:

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/12/Prem-Newcastle-trial-Lovenkrands/gnid-34989/

Magpies confirm striker trial

Newcastle have confirmed they are handing a trial to Danish forward Peter Lovenkrands.

The former Rangers forward is on the lookout for a new club following his release from Schalke and he has pitched up on Tyneside.

Magpies chief Joe Kinnear is eager to bring in fresh blood and Lovenkrands will be given the chance to win a contract at St James’ Park.

“He's out of contract but he is coming in for us to have a look at,” said Kinnear’s assistant Chris Hughton.

"He is an experienced player with pace. So I think it gives us an opportunity to look at him.

"There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

most important part of the article. We are looking for players with pace.... which we clearly need.

As a man for man replacement, is he better than Milner? If so, then its a winner.

I'd say they're equally inadequate, although I've never seen him play for Schalke.. I have no complaints on this transfer, as long as we keep N'Zogbia

Its still a winner then. £12m for milner or £0m for this chap.

As a man for man replacement, is he better than Milner? If so, then its a winner.

I'd say they're equally inadequate, although I've never seen him play for Schalke.. I have no complaints on this transfer, as long as we keep N'Zogbia

it's not a winner if he's motivation is gone a la Duff, Smith and Viduka and yet keeps on starting games

it's not a winner if he's motivation is gone a la Duff, Smith and Viduka and yet keeps on starting games

Touche

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1517180,00.html

Kinnear said: "I met Peter over lunch yesterday and he started with us on a week-long trial today.

"He'll be with us all week and then we can make a decision.

"But he's a player we are pleased to have with us and one with a vast amount of experience to offer us.

"He is still a player who has so much to offer us.

"Pace wise he has bags of it and I think that he is the sort of player who will get fans off their seats.

"He's keen to join us and still has the hunger to play well at the top level."

From .com

Despite claims in Glasgow that he was due to train with his former club Rangers, Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is expected to arrive at SJP on trial this week.

The 28 year-old recently parted company with German side Schalke04 after quarreling with the management and is now a free agent.

Speaking to the press on Saturday evening, United coach Chris Hughton confirmed the trial was taking place:

"He's out of contract but he is coming in for us to have a look at. He is is an experienced player with pace. So I think it gives us an opportunity to look at him. There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

Lovenkrands almost joined United from AB Copenhagen in the summer of 2000, with a late U-turn by the player in favour of Rangers leaving Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson raging about unscrupulous agents.

However such are the dire state of the Ibrox finances that the Scottish side have invited offers for the whole of their first team squad - with any contract offer to Lovenkrands depending on player exits.

So far in this transfer window, no less than nine current Rangers players have been linked with moves to SJP.

Anyone seen the bit in bold confirmed elsewhere?

Seems fairly common knowledge now mate. Seems to have been mentioned in alot of places, so i can't imagine it's not true.

Still gunning for us to sign Mendes.

aye the chairman has basically said they were banking on getting teurope, getting beat by that lithuanian team has put them in leeds style trouble

A positive: seems like he really wants to play for us, nothing better then that really, a great starting point with motivated players, do i want better players the Lovenkrands? Yes, of course but we arent Manchester United are we?

Based on?

Guest Heneage

From .com

Despite claims in Glasgow that he was due to train with his former club Rangers, Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is expected to arrive at SJP on trial this week.

The 28 year-old recently parted company with German side Schalke04 after quarreling with the management and is now a free agent.

Speaking to the press on Saturday evening, United coach Chris Hughton confirmed the trial was taking place:

"He's out of contract but he is coming in for us to have a look at. He is is an experienced player with pace. So I think it gives us an opportunity to look at him. There is work going on behind the scenes to bring in the two or three players we need."

Lovenkrands almost joined United from AB Copenhagen in the summer of 2000, with a late U-turn by the player in favour of Rangers leaving Newcastle boss Sir Bobby Robson raging about unscrupulous agents.

However such are the dire state of the Ibrox finances that the Scottish side have invited offers for the whole of their first team squad - with any contract offer to Lovenkrands depending on player exits.

So far in this transfer window, no less than nine current Rangers players have been linked with moves to SJP.

Seems fairly common knowledge now mate. Seems to have been mentioned in alot of places, so i can't imagine it's not true.

aye the chairman has basically said they were banking on getting teurope, getting beat by that lithuanian team has put them in leeds style trouble

I mentioned it elsewhere but a bloke on the Sky panel show phoned in and claimed it was offers of £3m plus for any player. He claimed to know people on the board, and tbh I took it with a full shaker of salt, but with these coming out it does make you wonder, are there players that would be worth it? Mendes is mentioned, as is Bougherra, and then you have the likes of Davis, Novo, who are all potential.

From .com

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7824323.stm

Steamboat will sort us out

He's youtube-tastic, scored some fantastic goals over the years and has the goal poaching instinct. I hope hes still got it, surely playing in the premier league would be a shot in the arm of any player having spent their time playing in 'lesser' leagues..

we shall see :)

Wow there is so much positivety in this thread i dare not spoil it... well ok, he isnt even rated by rangers fans, smacks of desperation alround. this place will implode when its announced he isnt good enough. the up point is we will probably sign him regardless

The club needs depth.  The player is still relatively young and has had success in the past.  He's coming on a free.  Maybe he plays with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove everyone wrong.  Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle.  If he has his legs, sign him I say.

Maybe this will be a prelude to other deals but I'd be afraid if the dominoes start falling.  If one fall the wrong way the club may be left short in some areas and we can't afford that.

Jonas is a winger, this guy is a striker and when a striker fails to score ONE goal in TWENTY appearances, I say something's wrong. Also this may just be me, but when a player is "released", it sets off alarm bells. I don't think we should be wasting our time and pay roll.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, though.

Guest toonlass

I dunno how to feel about this tbh. I can remember seeing him play several times when I was up at Ibrox and while he was canny (quick and can score a goal) he was inconsistant. A weeks trial is probably the best way to see if his fitness is there (saying that he only left Schalke 2 weeks ago, how unfit can he be) and his passion for the game is there.

I dunno how to feel about this tbh. I can remember seeing him play several times when I was up at Ibrox and while he was canny (quick and can score a goal) he was inconsistant. A weeks trial is probably the best way to see if his fitness is there (saying that he only left Schalke 2 weeks ago, how unfit can he be) and his passion for the game is there.

If he's still got his pace then I could see him doing well in the prem.

He's free so who gives one?

Jonas is a winger, this guy is a striker and when a striker fails to score ONE goal in TWENTY appearances, I say something's wrong. Also this may just be me, but when a player is "released", it sets off alarm bells. I don't think we should be wasting our time and pay roll.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, though.

I saw him described as a winger somewhere.

Both Geovani and Boateng were released in the summer, they aren't exactly doing bad for Hull.

An extra body, cover if N'Zogbia gets his wish.

Doesn't cost owt, only 28. No risk.

No risk is the key word. As long as his wages are low and it's a relatively short term contract, it shouldn't cost us.

An extra body, cover if N'Zogbia gets his wish.

Doesn't cost owt, only 28. No risk.

the risk is that he might not be any good. there's no financial risk or outlay (the ashley way) but a free transfer is more of a gamble, in terms of bringing in quality, then spending a sizeable amount of money on an established player.