Geremi: I know nothing about Besiktas transfer

Guest Stephen927

Rather have him here than Smith or Butt. But no, we're even planning on extending the latter's contract.

Precisely. This is good news if someone better comes in.

Watch a youth or no one come in.

Great price.

Simple fact is that despite his strengths Geremi simply no longer has the fitness to be playing Premiership football. Very happy with this move as long as the usual caveat "if we get a replacement in..." comes through

If I had to list players in order of how crucial they were to rescuing us from relegation last season, I'd say it went:

1. Owen

2. Martins

3. Geremi

4. Beye

5. Barton

Edit: thought you said this season.

If I had to list players in order of how crucial they were to rescuing us from relegation last season, I'd say it went:

1. Owen

2. Martins

3. Geremi

4. Beye

5. Barton

Id say Bassong and Beye are more important, maybe even Jonas and Guthrie aswell.

By playing for Metz, Mallorca and Bolton Wanderers, they certainly did a better job at keeping us up than Alan Smith.

1. Owen

2. Martins

3. Geremi

4. Beye

5. Barton

Id say Bassong and Beye are more important, maybe even Jonas and Guthrie aswell.

But only Beye played for us last season...  :idiot2:

Guest icemanblue

1. Owen

2. Martins

3. Geremi

4. Beye

5. Barton

???

Guest Stephen927

1. Owen

2. Martins

3. Geremi

4. Beye

5. Barton

By playing for Metz, Mallorca and Bolton Wanderers, they certainly did a better job at keeping us up than Alan Smith.

:lol:

He's not too bad as an impact type player coming off the bench for the last 10-15 minutes of a game.

Once the other 21 players on the pitch are knackered from running around for 75+ minutes and the pace of the game has dropped to a crawl then Geremi looks a decent player, if he starts a game he just looks woeful though he's consistently off the pace and his only worthwhile contribution becomes his hit-and-miss set pieces.

If the £1.5m figure is genuine then we've absolutely mugged Besitkas.

According to nufc.com Geremi is contracted to us until June 2010 so it stands to reason we'd get some sort of fee for him. £1.5m is good but if you consider the club got a reported (but highly unlikely) £8m for Emre from Fenerbahce, ripping off Turkish clubs is what the current NUFC owners are good at.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7429144.stm

I don't see the point in selling him for such a paultry fee when we're so weak in midfield already. Unless we have someone who can come in and do a job there. Actually at times it makes me sick thinking of some of our midfield options.

I don't see the point in selling him for such a paultry fee when we're so weak in midfield already. Unless we have someone who can come in and do a job there. Actually at times it makes me sick thinking of some of our midfield options.

This will deal will be confirmed if and when the two new midfielders we are after are confirmed.

This will deal will be confirmed if and when the two new midfielders we are after are confirmed.

Hope you're right. The Milner transfer didn't work out like that.