Newcastle 0 - 1 Hull City (FA Cup) - 14/01/09 - Post match reaction from page 21

Dave

I don't even know this club anymore. :no:

Totally agree. It is the worst I have known and I go way back to the second division days. It's like the clubs been hijacked by a bunch of people who do not give a f*ck about the club or fans. They have no understanding of the this club, it's history and it's fans. Why would they? A fat cockney t*at who could not give a s*** about the club. The guy is clueless. As soon as I saw him posing as a fan with his top on i just thought this fat tw*t is going to be trouble. Shepherd made mistakes but I think he cared about the club and at least had a plan. He communicated with the fans. This bloke and his cronies never speak, never say what the vision is for the club. Why should a player like Shay Given stay at this club in it's present state. He owes us nothing. He should get him self to decent club where he might win something. We are a massive club with great fans being run by a bunch of cockneys who do not give a f*ck about the club. It is the complete ineptitude and ignorance of the fat b**tard running this club that scares me. Trust us to get the clown taking us over.

Thanks for your view, but I disagree with pretty much everything you just typed. Thats just my view!

he's made the best post in the last few hours by a country mile.

It must be pretty difficult for people like you trying to understand why we aren't in our rightful place chasing european qualification as a minimum, but if you can work it out I'd be interested in your comments.

you taking the piss ?...."rightful place" etc

you've had a hard day haven't you

It must be pretty difficult for people like you trying to understand why we aren't in our rightful place chasing european qualification as a minimum, but if you can work it out I'd be interested in your comments.

So you can twist them and eventually end up chasing him around like a little girl in every single unrelated thread to argue?

Or just have a genuine discussion about differing opinions?

So you can twist them and eventually end up chasing him around like a little girl in every single unrelated thread to argue?

Or just have a genuine discussion about differing opinions?

If you mean me, then you will know my "opinion" [ie judgement] has been the same for about 18 months now.

I've no idea who I'm supposed to be "chasing around" though.

Totally agree. It is the worst I have known and I go way back to the second division days. It's like the clubs been hijacked by a bunch of people who do not give a f*ck about the club or fans. They have no understanding of the this club, it's history and it's fans. Why would they? A fat cockney t*at who could not give a s*** about the club. The guy is clueless. As soon as I saw him posing as a fan with his top on i just thought this fat tw*t is going to be trouble. Shepherd made mistakes but I think he cared about the club and at least had a plan. He communicated with the fans. This bloke and his cronies never speak, never say what the vision is for the club. Why should a player like Shay Given stay at this club in it's present state. He owes us nothing. He should get him self to decent club where he might win something. We are a massive club with great fans being run by a bunch of cockneys who do not give a f*ck about the club. It is the complete ineptitude and ignorance of the fat b**tard running this club that scares me. Trust us to get the clown taking us over.

Thanks for your view, but I disagree with pretty much everything you just typed. Thats just my view!

you've had a hard day haven't you

nope. i've had the day off. just annoyed at the idea that you'd think challenging for europe was our "rightful place" (basically what fans of other clubs slag us off for) and not exactly where your hero left us . was it ?

Just back in from the game. Worst Newcastle team I've seen in nearly 20 years. Something is very seriously wrong at the club and it's there for all to see, in the body language and demeanor of the players on the park. Just no will to win the game tonight, against what was more-a-less Hull reserves. If the players and management aren't arsed about the FA Cup, then fine - but it's a slap in the face for the 30000 that went tonight.

If tonight is to become regular fare - then we are knackered. Questions need to be asked of Ashley and Wise and they may well be. There will be no response however. The club is being ran/wound down.

AT LAST - the voice of reason...well done, BG, you are obviously a fan of many years who KNOWS what a bad team looks like.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm there? Apologies if not!

Guest Heneage

At the end of the day you need to ask yourself would one of our other strikers score it? But then you can argue none of them would have found the space. I think I'm more relived we are creating .

Guest bertiemasson

best part of that match was the fat steward egging people on by clapping above his head whilst chants of "you fat ba++ard" wrang out from a corner comprising of many many kids drinking beer out of oversized dandelion and burdock bottles!

game utter tripe - no bottle

Well i just got back and that was money well fucking spent, wasn't it.

I've been one to harp on about how good the side is, and whilst i still believe that there is genuinely a stack-load of quality in it, we'll get fucking nowhere with it if there is no effort and no passion. I've been saying all week that "ah, we don't really need the FA Cup this year..." but i wasn't expecting the fucking £50,000-a-week feckers who actually go out there to have the same philosophy. The lack of drive and actual determination was completely evident throughout the entire team this evening, and it was a fucking disgrace. As much of a wanker and a shit player he is, Duff was just about the only one who seemed particularly arsed. He absolutely laid into Edgar at one point, right infront of me, and Edgar just looked at him and almost smirked.

Fuck off back to Tiger Tiger you twerp, living off one goal vs Man Utd.

I've always thought that it will be the players that keep us up, above anything else, because they are of such a high standard. Don't utilise the effort though and the results won't come. The players need hack away at their inflated egos and insert that ideology somewhere deep inside. Don't try and you won't fucking win.

It's all well and good people on here going "Oh, it's just one of those days. The highlights suggest we should have won." Sorry, no - i was there, and we got exactly what we deserved - fucking nowt.

The manager was a total embarrassment to the club once again, but i've not been one to confess that the players are aswell. Tonight though, wholeheartedly - the players were an embarrassment. The whole "zomg not fit to wear the shirt" phrase is overused and i rarely say it but tonight, the vast majority of them deserve it to be pinned upon them.

Not fucking happy. I'm sure i'll get some sarcastic comment like "go give yourself a hug", but fuck that. That was an embarrassment.

Regarding Hatter's original post, and the whole shirt wearing/sitting & sitting with fans thing. Some of us identified him as being a walking gimmick early on - couple that with some of the things he said about standing at the head of the Toon Army, implying that he was the Leader of the Toon Army. Came across like a Toon Bravehart imo, and Shepherd was often slaughtered for much less.

Same applies to hiring Keegan: popular choice at a crisis time, guaranteed to deliver effective & winning football after re-educating - in the wake of Big Sam's tenureship..... could go back to Souness and Roeder's running of the 1st team - this lot as to how to play football. All the while having his popular choice of manager undermined by his front-office. When including the activities of the previous Jan transfer window when Keegan vetoed a couple of transfer deals on the window's final day - one was a Brazilian centrehalf from from the club Getafe if i recall - Keegan's influence with relation to transfer dealings was been pissed much earlier than the Summer blow-up.

All this while strutting around with a 'Kev' replica shirt on. The bloke is a walking, fraudulent gimick. But we shouldn't have expected nothing less, when looking at some his business practices pre-NUFC

I love how that fucking arsehole Kinnear pre-empted defeat by claiming we had 11 first team players out. What a stupid cunt.

Only two of those out shoudl even be in the fucking first team, and one of them (Martins) is overhyped beyond belief.

So the man thinks that Shola, Viduka, Cacapa and Smith are first team, deos he?? Cretin.

I look forward to the players HE is bringing in - after all, he can't do any worse than Dennis Wise. And to think we lost Keegan over utter shite like Xisco and the perma-crocked Gonzales.

All of you who backed Ashley, and supported his decision to get rid of Keegan - this is what you deserve, you 'tards.

Some people are reading far too much into this by the way.

A team with something like 11 or 12 players missing gets beaten in the cup by another teams reserve players.

That automatically means we are going down, does it? f*** off. If you think that's the case, try the RELEGATIONLOADOFSHITEOMETER and post in there with the rest of the doom mongers.

Honestly, some of the people on these boards are f***ing brain deads.

The Chinese have a saying ; 'It is better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and prove the point beyond all doubt'.....

I reckon you have just verified the truth of their saying......

Wasn't that Mark Twain?

He pinched it from China - reputedly a Confucius saying, Brummie..

It's actually biblical (Proverbs 17:28, even a fool that holdeth his peace is counted wise.) That said, Confucius said a great many things that pretty much amount to "shut the fuck up you idiot," so merlin's intended reference isn't that far off.

This has been your nugget of useless information for the day.

I love how that fucking arsehole Kinnear pre-empted defeat by claiming we had 11 first team players out. What a stupid cunt.

Only two of those out shoudl even be in the fucking first team, and one of them (Martins) is overhyped beyond belief.

So the man thinks that Shola, Viduka, Cacapa and Smith are first team, deos he?? Cretin.

I look forward to the players HE is bringing in - after all, he can't do any worse than Dennis Wise. And to think we lost Keegan over utter shite like Xisco and the perma-crocked Gonzales.

All of you who backed Ashley, and supported his decision to get rid of Keegan - this is what you deserve, you 'tards.

:lol:

Correct.

I love how that f***ing arsehole Kinnear pre-empted defeat by claiming we had 11 first team players out. What a stupid c***.

Only two of those out shoudl even be in the f***ing first team, and one of them (Martins) is overhyped beyond belief.

I look forward to the players HE is bringing in - after all, he can't do any worse than Dennis Wise. And to think we lost Keegan over utter s**** like Xisco and the perma-crocked Gonzales.

Nothing I can disagree with there NM.

Guest toonlass

Given- 6- meh

Edgar-5- Championship defender at best

N'Zogbia-7- Our best player last night, shame the strikers didn't make the most of it

Bassong-6- was bassong

Collocini-5- more I see of him more I wonder

Guttierez- 6- ran about a lot, good links with Zoggy

Duff-6- a lot of effort, nowt there in the strikers to finish anything he produced off

Guthrie-5- terrible corners, much like milner for that

Butt-4- Woeful, legs have gone imo

Owen- 5- shocking, should have had at least 2

Xisco-5- rusty

Carroll-6- slightly better than Xisco

LuaLua-6- not too bad for a youngster I guess

Just back in from the game. Worst Newcastle team I've seen in nearly 20 years. Something is very seriously wrong at the club and it's there for all to see, in the body language and demeanor of the players on the park. Just no will to win the game tonight, against what was more-a-less Hull reserves. If the players and management aren't arsed about the FA Cup, then fine - but it's a slap in the face for the 30000 that went tonight.

If tonight is to become regular fare - then we are knackered. Questions need to be asked of Ashley and Wise and they may well be. There will be no response however. The club is being ran/wound down.

AT LAST - the voice of reason...well done, BG, you are obviously a fan of many years who KNOWS what a bad team looks like.

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm there? Apologies if not!

No sarcasm at all, BG - I genuinely agreed with all you wrote.

Guest toonlass

How does zog get these good ratings for doing fuck all?  :lol:

I am presuming by fuck all you mean getting the ball into the box more times than any other player only for the forwards to do sod all with it.

Can anyone explain what exactly happened right at the very end? Some sort of scuffle in Hull's box with Carroll dragging someone away.

A bit of a flare up between Bassong and McShane, although Bassong was really going for him.