Newcastle 0 - 1 Hull City (FA Cup) - 14/01/09 - Post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Guest neesy111

Some people are reading far too much into this by the way.

A team with something like 11 or 12 players missing gets beaten in the cup by another teams reserve players.

That automatically means we are going down, does it? Fuck off. If you think that's the case, try the RELEGATIONLOADOFSHITEOMETER and post in there with the rest of the doom mongers.

Honestly, some of the people on these boards are fucking brain deads.

out of that team only the 2 fullbacks and martins would get in tbh

A team with something like 11 or 12 players missing gets beaten in the cup by another teams reserve players.

That automatically means we are going down, does it? f*** off. If you think that's the case, try the RELEGATIONLOADOFSHITEOMETER and post in there with the rest of the doom mongers.

Honestly, some of the people on these boards are f***ing brain deads.

I think this group of players and the idiot in charge could very easily take us down.  But I agree, this result doesn't change anything.

That automatically means we are going down, does it?

Er, yeah, those players wont magically be fit for our league games like. Also the team we put out tonight was more than good enough to beat that pile of shit Hull put out. I mean come on:

Given

Edgar Colo   Bassong   Zog

Duff   Guthrie Butt Jonas

Owen Xisco

I see 2 players there who wouldnt normally start or play for us if we were fully fit, obviously someone else would get dropped, but even that person racks up enough appearences, so this whole 11 players out thing is just excuses. Beye, Barton, Martins and Enrique and we probably have our strongest side. Now bare in mind we lost to a 2nd tier Hull side tonight with that 11, are we supposed to all of a sudden be winning in the league with them?

I don't even know this club anymore. :no:

Totally agree. It is the worst I have known and I go way back to the second division days. It's like the clubs been hijacked by a bunch of people who do not give a f*ck about the club or fans. They have no understanding of the this club, it's history and it's fans. Why would they? A fat cockney t*at who could not give a shit about the club. The guy is clueless. As soon as I saw him posing as a fan with his top on i just thought this fat tw*t is going to be trouble. Shepherd made mistakes but I think he cared about the club and at least had a plan. He communicated with the fans. This bloke and his cronies never speak, never say what the vision is for the club. Why should a player like Shay Given stay at this club in it's present state. He owes us nothing. He should get him self to decent club where he might win something. We are a massive club with great fans being run by a bunch of cockneys who do not give a f*ck about the club. It is the complete ineptitude and ignorance of the fat b**tard running this club that scares me. Trust us to get the clown taking us over.

That automatically means we are going down, does it? f*** off. If you think that's the case, try the RELEGATIONLOADOFSHITEOMETER and post in there with the rest of the doom mongers.

Honestly, some of the people on these boards are f***ing brain deads.

Bollocks. Barton would be playing too, I'd say that Shola would have started and we'd have a stronger bench too. Our best result (not performance, before someone argues that) of the season came away at Portsmouth when we had Harper, Geremi, Shola, Viduka, Duff, Taylor and another who I've forgotten now on the bench, the strongest bench we've had in weeks. Did we have that today? No, we had Harper and a bunch of kids, along with a half-fit Taylor and Carroll.

And you clearly are underrating exactly how much Martins brings to the team, his pace and unpredicatbility would stretch the game and make it easier to move upfront. We had a fairly pedestrian attacking line today barring the final few minutes when LuaLua came on, again - that isn't a co-incidence.

Totally agree. It is the worst I have known and I go way back to the second division days. It's like the clubs been hijacked by a bunch of people who do not give a f*ck about the club or fans. They have no understanding of the this club, it's history and it's fans. Why would they? A fat cockney t*at who could not give a shit about the club. The guy is clueless. As soon as I saw him posing as a fan with his top on i just thought this fat tw*t is going to be trouble. Shepherd made mistakes but I think he cared about the club and at least had a plan. He communicated with the fans. This bloke and his cronies never speak, never say what the vision is for the club. Why should a player like Shay Given stay at this club in it's present state. He owes us nothing. He should get him self to decent club where he might win something. We are a massive club with great fans being run by a bunch of cockneys who do not give a f*ck about the club. It is the complete ineptitude and ignorance of the fat b**tard running this club that scares me. Trust us to get the clown taking us over.

He's not from London. You don't know for a fact about what he thinks about us or the club. Every time he does communicate with us he gets ripped apart.

Losing tonight means nothing in terms of our league standing but it robs us of a chance to build confidence with the pressure of relegation off. We've been caught by a sucker punch yet again and it can only have a negative effect on the players.

We've lost. Again. At home. To a woefully out of form team. How anyone can suggest it doesn't matter is beyond me.

That automatically means we are going down, does it? Fuck off. If you think that's the case, try the RELEGATIONLOADOFSHITEOMETER and post in there with the rest of the doom mongers.

Honestly, some of the people on these boards are fucking brain deads.

Barton as well maybe.

But pushing Zog up to left wing, having Beye at the back and Martins upfront gives a massively different shape to the team then that one out there today.

Losing tonight means nothing in terms of our league standing but it robs us of a chance to build confidence with the pressure of relegation off. We've been caught by a sucker punch yet again and it can only have a negative effect on the players.

We've lost. Again. At home. To a woefully out of form team. How anyone can say it doesn't matter is beyond me.

This.

We've lost. Again. At home. To a woefully out of form team. How anyone can say it doesn't matter is beyond me.

This.

Who said it doesn't matter?

Did you start your shaving thread in general chat just to get advice on the sharpest blades for wrist slashing?

Did you start your shaving thread in general chat just to get advice on the sharpest blades for wrist slashing?

No.

No.

k

No.

k

np

Another thing, (yes, another), far too many people on these boards and in the stands at SJP seem to forget the psychological side of football. Real life isn't just like Football Manager, where you can buy players who have the best ability and they play well after the third game despite not having any form of understanding.

Xisco, shunned by Kinnear for week after week, thrown in tonight and told that it is "crunch time"?

Kadar, Ranger and Donaldson, who can't even get a few minutes despite 12 players missing?

Steve Harper, who won't even get a run out in a cup game?

Losing again to a clearly inferior side at home, again, in front of angry fans?

The squad's confidence must be on the fucking floor, and losing tonight just makes that even worse. The players are scared to try anything audacious, to gamble, in case they miss or do it wrong. Something different or audacious is just what we need, a moment of magic, a leader who takes the game by the scruff of the neck and says "fuck it, I'm going to try my best, go for the 10-90 balls and stick my neck out regardless of the outcome". And what do we have? A player who is currently missing chance after chance, offering nowt to the team and who clearly wants to leave the club as soon as he can?

There are problems at this club from boardroom to dressing room, and the saddest part is, it will get worse before it gets better.

Totally agree. It is the worst I have known and I go way back to the second division days. It's like the clubs been hijacked by a bunch of people who do not give a f*ck about the club or fans. They have no understanding of the this club, it's history and it's fans. Why would they? A fat cockney t*at who could not give a s*** about the club. The guy is clueless. As soon as I saw him posing as a fan with his top on i just thought this fat tw*t is going to be trouble. Shepherd made mistakes but I think he cared about the club and at least had a plan. He communicated with the fans. This bloke and his cronies never speak, never say what the vision is for the club. Why should a player like Shay Given stay at this club in it's present state. He owes us nothing. He should get him self to decent club where he might win something. We are a massive club with great fans being run by a bunch of cockneys who do not give a f*ck about the club. It is the complete ineptitude and ignorance of the fat b**tard running this club that scares me. Trust us to get the clown taking us over.

Thanks for your view, but I disagree with pretty much everything you just typed. Thats just my view!

Another thing, (yes, another), far too many people on these boards and in the stands at SJP seem to forget the psychological side of football. Real life isn't just like Football Manager, where you can buy players who have the best ability and they play well after the third game despite not having any form of understanding.

Xisco, shunned by Kinnear for week after week, thrown in tonight and told that it is "crunch time"?

Kadar, Ranger and Donaldson, who can't even get a few minutes despite 12 players missing?

The squad's confidence must be on the fucking floor, and losing tonight just makes that even worse. The players are scared to try anything audacious, to gamble, in case they miss or do it wrong. Something different or audacious is just what we need, a moment of magic, a leader who takes the game by the scruff of the neck and says "fuck it, I'm going to try my best, go for the 10-90 balls and stick my neck out regardless of the outcome". And what do we have? A player who is currently missing chance after chance, offering nowt to the team and who clearly wants to leave the club as soon as he can?

There are problems at this club from boardroom to dressing room, and the saddest part is, it will get worse before it gets better.

Stop talking so much sense, you're going to confuse people.

What like Owen to head a ball in from 6 yards out?

Stop talking so much sense, you're going to confuse people.

It's a good post. It also doesn't say much different to what my post does.

People seeming to forget, it's the same team in the League as in the Cup.

Confidence from this game will hit rock bottom and the players will take this into the Blackburn game.

Of course the FA Cup isn't everything but we needed this result for the team. Now we're just going to crash through the floor

What the fuck are we paying Michael Owen for? World class my arse. You can get away with missing chances if you contribute otherwise but it's getting fucking ridiculous now. He's averaging 1.34 missed sitters per game by my count.

Hurry back Obafemi Martins or we are seriously fucked.

The squad's confidence must be on the f***ing floor, and losing tonight just makes that even worse. The players are scared to try anything audacious, to gamble, in case they miss or do it wrong. Something different or audacious is just what we need, a moment of magic, a leader who takes the game by the scruff of the neck and says "f*** it, I'm going to try my best, go for the 10-90 balls and stick my neck out regardless of the outcome". And what do we have? A player who is currently missing chance after chance, offering nowt to the team and who clearly wants to leave the club as soon as he can?

What like Owen to head a ball in from 6 yards out?

He's missing all these chances and yet still gets picked every week (regardless of the injury situation) and he wants to leave, won't sign a new contract, and he's STILL in the team and never gets subbed (bar 1 time I think).

The players behind him in the pecking order will just give up in training. No matter how hard they try to impress Kinnear, do you really think they are thinking "yeah, i'll get my chance because Owen is notoriously short of form!"?

No, they will have no confidence. And that is what my entire post before covered. The lack of confidence.

The first thing a captain needs is passion. The second is the ability to lead by example. Owen has neither.