Newcastle 0 - 1 Hull City (FA Cup) - 14/01/09 - Post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Just back in from the game. Worst Newcastle team I've seen in nearly 20 years. Something is very seriously wrong at the club and it's there for all to see, in the body language and demeanor of the players on the park. Just no will to win the game tonight, against what was more-a-less Hull reserves. If the players and management aren't arsed about the FA Cup, then fine - but it's a slap in the face for the 30000 that went tonight.

If tonight is to become regular fare - then we are knackered. Questions need to be asked of Ashley and Wise and they may well be. There will be no response however. The club is being ran/wound down.

I only listened to it on the radio but they made out that we were the better team for the majority of it and if it wasn't for poor finishing from Owen we would have won the game comfortably.

Was that not the case then?

The performance was all fur coat and no knickers.

So we didn't create many chances then?

It's hardly a surprise we got beat, we're s***. 4 wins in the last 22 games is relegation form.

That cant be right? Can it? ???

it's 5 win's including the win v coventry in the lc

That would be 5 wins in 23 games then. Still fucking shit.

Guest stjamestoon

We are in a right load of shite.  You really cant blame our "better" players for wanting out. Currently playing for a team such as wigan would be miles better than playing for a joke of a club like newcastle. N'Zogbia, Given etc can do better than us. Simple...It just worries me that the only way our club can get worse is relegation, which will result in another leeds situation where we disolve into the shitty footy leagues..bad times.

Fact is we should have won it, Owen missedso many good chances not to mention chances missed by others, was a shite game and Guthries worst for us, terrible set pieces from him every time.

Just hope sparks a responce in thier league form.

Just back in from the game. Worst Newcastle team I've seen in nearly 20 years. Something is very seriously wrong at the club and it's there for all to see, in the body language and demeanor of the players on the park. Just no will to win the game tonight, against what was more-a-less Hull reserves. If the players and management aren't arsed about the FA Cup, then fine - but it's a slap in the face for the 30000 that went tonight.

If tonight is to become regular fare - then we are knackered. Questions need to be asked of Ashley and Wise and they may well be. There will be no response however. The club is being ran/wound down.

I only listened to it on the radio but they made out that we were the better team for the majority of it and if it wasn't for poor finishing from Owen we would have won the game comfortably.

Was that not the case then?

The performance was all fur coat and no knickers.

So we didn't create many chances then?

No to be honest. I can't remember Dukes having one save to make.

Guest stjamestoon

What a load of s****? Why are they showing the Chelsea highlights first when the game was live on the same f***ing station and finished less than an hour ago?

You appear surprised.

They scored four goals, and play decent football.

What a load of s****? Why are they showing the Chelsea highlights first when the game was live on the same f***ing station and finished less than an hour ago?

You appear surprised.

Yep, should have expected this. Typical.

So Newcastle continue to carry on the Jackal and Hyde act. Why is it a team can comfortably beat sides above them but struggle against the side around and below them? I for one didn't think I'd be too fussed about being knocked out of the cup but after seeing the team sheets it's somewhat of a concern.

I know we were OK in spells and created chances but at the end of the day we were still rolled over. Come the end of the season too many hard luck stories is going to result in Championship football.

We've been hit by an injury crisis at the worst possible time, leaving the squad so thin has really come back to bite us in the arse, but we still have enough quality to be rolling over the Hull B team for fucks sake. I feel for the likes of Xisco, Edgar and Co I really do, what has that lad got to do to get a game? Well for one he could take a leaf out of Bassong's book, role up his sleeves, stop feeling sorry for himself and put in a performance. We don't need passengers right now and that's exactly what the man is behaving as, he's a paid professional for crying out loud.

The problem is these "I'd prefer to feel sorry for myself than play football" performances are becoming more frequent. I thought the more Kinnear's cheeks started to warm the hot seat  the more often we'd see decent results would come but it would appear the opposite is  happening. I just hope another one of those positive displays is around the corner because I feel I, like other fans, am beginning to lose faith in his ability to keep us in the Premier League.

So Newcastle continue to carry on the Jackal and Hyde act. Why is it a team can comfortably beat sides above them but struggle against the side around and below them? I for one didn't think I'd be too fussed about being knocked out of the cup but after seeing the team sheets it's somewhat of a concern.

I know we were OK in spells and created chances but at the end of the day we were still rolled over. Come the end of the season too many hard luck stories is going to result in Championship football.

We've been hit by an injury crisis at the worst possible time, leaving the squad so thin has really come back to bite us in the arse, but we still have enough quality to be rolling over the Hull B team for f***s sake. I feel for the likes of Xisco, Edgar and Co I really do, what has that lad got to do to get a game? Well for one he could take a leaf out of Bassong's book, role up his sleeves, stop feeling sorry for himself and put in a performance. We don't need passengers right now and that's exactly what the man is behaving as, he's a paid professional for crying out loud.

The problem is these "I'd prefer to feel sorry for myself than play football" performances are becoming more frequent. I thought the more Kinnear's cheeks started to warm the hot seat  the more often we'd see decent results would come but it would appear the opposite is  happening. I just hope another one of those positive displays is around the corner because I feel I, like other fans, am beginning to lose faith in his ability to keep us in the Premier League.

Of the teams above us in the league, we've only beaten one.

:angry:

That's my bet f***ed. How can you not beat their second string? Feel sorry for anyone that went.

Our team is like Everton at home only we are like that home & away.

You know we belong together...

We've been hit by an injury crisis at the worst possible time, leaving the squad so thin has really come back to bite us in the arse, but we still have enough quality to be rolling over the Hull B team for fucks sake. I feel for the likes of Xisco, Edgar and Co I really do, what has that lad got to do to get a game? Well for one he could take a leaf out of Bassong's book, role up his sleeves, stop feeling sorry for himself and put in a performance. We don't need passengers right now and that's exactly what the man is behaving as, he's a paid professional for crying out loud.

Who are you on about?

We've been hit by an injury crisis at the worst possible time, leaving the squad so thin has really come back to bite us in the arse, but we still have enough quality to be rolling over the Hull B team for f***s sake. I feel for the likes of Xisco, Edgar and Co I really do, what has that lad got to do to get a game? Well for one he could take a leaf out of Bassong's book, role up his sleeves, stop feeling sorry for himself and put in a performance. We don't need passengers right now and that's exactly what the man is behaving as, he's a paid professional for crying out loud.

Of the teams above us in the league, we've only beaten one.

Well yeah, as of now. But the table is all over the place so it means fuck all.

Who are you on about?

Whenever we cart the fringe players out they understandably look rusty but they just don't seem to give a shit, in an injury crisis that isn't exactly ideal, a team in a dog fight can't really afford to be carrying dead weight.

Just got back from the match. The DJ sounded out a very importing message to the players by playing Heartless by Kanye West. They were fkin heartless, talentless and just pathetic. I really feel what is the point of spending money to go to the match to watch that garbage and have my money paid virtually straight into their bank accounts (the players) .

I feel like a total Mug tbh.

Who are you on about?

Whenever we cart the fringe players out they understandably look rusty but they just don't seem to give a shit, in an injury crisis that isn't exactly ideal, a team in a dog fight can't really afford to be carrying dead weight.

You said 'he', I assumed you were talking about someone specifically. I also didn't see any of the fringe players behaving like that tonight.

Who are you on about?

Whenever we cart the fringe players out they understandably look rusty but they just don't seem to give a s***, in an injury crisis that isn't exactly ideal, a team in a dog fight can't really afford to be carrying dead weight.

You said 'he', I assumed you were talking about someone specifically. I also didn't see any of the fringe players behaving like that tonight.

Aye, na I wasn't picking on individuals.

Tonight they weren't amazing but there again neither was anyboady else. I understood it's hard to be settle quicky in to a team but generally whenever I've seen any of these lads they've been poor, not even average, but poor, it isn't good enough.

Xisco is intresting because we don't know the reason why he isn't getting a run of games.

Anyway I'm off, starting to talk jiberish.