Is Joe Kinnear The Worst Manager In The Prem?

NG32

Not sure if this is elsewhere but fucking hell, he needs to be gagged, we be signing NO ONE after this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/29/michael-owen-joey-barton-injured-joe-kinnear-newcastle-united-crisis

Newcastle United's season was facing another crisis tonight when Michael Owen and Joey Barton both suffered long-term injuries in their 2-1 defeat at Manchester City and Joe Kinnear questioned whether the club's owner, Mike Ashley, was struggling to pay the players' wages. "Mike has lost £2bn in his own business because of the credit crunch," Kinnear said. "It's not easy for him. He's paying the wages, just about. But it's in the [financial] records, you just have to look."

The Newcastle manager could not conceal his despair after another demoralising defeat in which Owen suffered a broken ankle, meaning six-to-eight weeks on the sidelines for a player whose luckless run with injuries has restricted him to 62 games in his three and a half years with the club. The prognosis for Joey Barton was even more serious. "It's a metatarsal," Kinnear reported. "It's that dreaded word again and the docs are saying 10 weeks."

The defeat leaves Newcastle fifth bottom in the Premier League, with mounting injury problems and without a win in their last seven matches. "I don't know what team we will play next week [at home to Sunderland] and it's our biggest game of the season," Kinnear continued. "This is the way it has been for us all season. We are chopping and changing every week. We've got one fit striker and that's Andy Carroll."

This was an emotional Kinnear and he added: "It's devastating when you look at a club like Tottenham offering £16m for this player, £14m for that player. I would love to go and spend millions like that and I wish I was in the position to do so. But you can see why a lot of big [managerial] names out there didn't have the arsehole to take this job. You can see why so many people bottled it."

A miserable day for Newcastle was compounded by confirmation that Shay Given has reiterated his desire to leave the club. Given did not even travel to Manchester and City hope to sign him before the ­transfer window closes on 2 February.

"I'm doing my best but it's tough," Kinnear said. "I've bent over backwards to keep Shay and I have told the powers-that-be that he has got to stay. But I understand it from Shay's point of view. He's done 11 years at Newcastle and he wants a new challenge."

Not sure if this is elsewhere but fucking hell, he needs to be gagged, we be signing NO ONE after this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/29/michael-owen-joey-barton-injured-joe-kinnear-newcastle-united-crisis

Newcastle United's season was facing another crisis tonight when Michael Owen and Joey Barton both suffered long-term injuries in their 2-1 defeat at Manchester City and Joe Kinnear questioned whether the club's owner, Mike Ashley, was struggling to pay the players' wages. "Mike has lost £2bn in his own business because of the credit crunch," Kinnear said. "It's not easy for him. He's paying the wages, just about. But it's in the [financial] records, you just have to look."

The Newcastle manager could not conceal his despair after another demoralising defeat in which Owen suffered a broken ankle, meaning six-to-eight weeks on the sidelines for a player whose luckless run with injuries has restricted him to 62 games in his three and a half years with the club. The prognosis for Joey Barton was even more serious. "It's a metatarsal," Kinnear reported. "It's that dreaded word again and the docs are saying 10 weeks."

The defeat leaves Newcastle fifth bottom in the Premier League, with mounting injury problems and without a win in their last seven matches. "I don't know what team we will play next week [at home to Sunderland] and it's our biggest game of the season," Kinnear continued. "This is the way it has been for us all season. We are chopping and changing every week. We've got one fit striker and that's Andy Carroll."

This was an emotional Kinnear and he added: "It's devastating when you look at a club like Tottenham offering £16m for this player, £14m for that player. I would love to go and spend millions like that and I wish I was in the position to do so. But you can see why a lot of big [managerial] names out there didn't have the arsehole to take this job. You can see why so many people bottled it."

A miserable day for Newcastle was compounded by confirmation that Shay Given has reiterated his desire to leave the club. Given did not even travel to Manchester and City hope to sign him before the ­transfer window closes on 2 February.

"I'm doing my best but it's tough," Kinnear said. "I've bent over backwards to keep Shay and I have told the powers-that-be that he has got to stay. But I understand it from Shay's point of view. He's done 11 years at Newcastle and he wants a new challenge."

posted it on the other thread, beyond words this eh?  he needs putting down like a :kinnear:

Yes he is and the reason is he's just old school and has no understanding of the current game. At least Southgate & Adams have knowledge of the transfer system and how it works these days. JFK hasn't got a fucking clue. Get this prick out ASAP, I would rather have Hughton or Calderwood in chanrge until the end of the season.

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:vwa3drRkLY6QmM:http://img.skysports.com/07/10/218x298/TonyAdams_581452.jpg

and

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:sA8NmSUkTlPX4M:http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/Southgate2_468x651.jpg

Are the only ones stopping him from being the worst manager in the Premiership

There are probably 3 about the same level, including Kinnear - by rights, he shouldn't be within 100 miles of a club as big as NUFC, but the fact that nobody else wants the job tells you what a mess the Board have made of it since Mort went.

Kinnear is there for the dosh, but I DO believe he is worried about the way its going and the fact that he has far less to spend than the likes of Spurs and Man C.

He is all the present owner and board deserve - as the saying goes ; 'You get the Govt you deserve..'

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes, but his hands are tied and have been since day 1. He'll walk soon. That's why the club have brought in Calderwood. That and Kinnear needs an extra voice around as the players have simply stopped listening to him.

he's a p!ss poor manager and will be forever known as the manager that took us down.

yes we have a load of injuries to key players.

but if you look at the last few managers loads of players were bust under souness and that was always his excuse, Roeder did alright with plenty injuries and had europe to play through.

Big sam cleared a few of the injuries but we still had our fair share, Keegan seemed to clear a big chunk of the injury problems. and then when JFK took over the injuries came back.

Many of the injuries I think are just players that cant be bothered

posted it on the other thread, beyond words this eh?  he needs putting down like a :kinnear:

Sounds like he's been jailed here! Done 11 years at newcastle!

The bloke's a fucking cretin, but he's surely in charge of this club at it's worst point in recent history in terms of everything else.

Obviously he knew what he was getting into and all that and some of our problems are probably of his own doing, but I can't see many excelling in the situation he's in.

Dunno about worst in the Premiership, like, but there's not many that run him close if he isn't.

Found it interesting in another thread, the comment that prior to Ashley confirming the club was off the market, things had been reasonably steady and were just about ticking over prior to the transfer window opening.

Kinnear/the club seems to have lost total control since that statement and everything has just gone completely to shit in every department.

Odd

Guest MrSundlofer

I think the man is crazy.

He has no idea of what he is doing. "This is not my players...". You have Martins, Beye, Given, Jonás, Coloccini, Owen and Barton in that squad. You should be lucky!

What kind of style do we play on the pitch? No idea. Long balls with Allardyce, ball on the ground with Keegan. And now?

He just said he wanted to sell Geremi for £4M... What a joke.

This is just getting more crazy day after day.

I think he probably IS the worst manager.

He's certainly the stupidest, and the biggest liar.

Yes, there were some on here who wanted him to get the job. Same ones who don't go to the game but feel qualified to comment every week, said Wise had done and good job, and previosuly thought Souness shoudl get more time probably - in other word, complete arseholes, just like Kinnear and hios mates Ashley and Wise.

If/When we go down, as it looks increasingly like we will, we won't be coming stratight back up. Not with shite business men, a clueless Board and a manager most teams in the league don't want.

I think he probably IS the worst manager.

He's certainly the stupidest, and the biggest liar.

Yes, there were some on here who wanted him to get the job. Same ones who don't go to the game but feel qualified to comment every week, said Wise had done and good job, and previosuly thought Souness shoudl get more time probably - in other word, complete arseholes, just like Kinnear and hios mates Ashley and Wise.

If/When we go down, as it looks increasingly like we will, we won't be coming stratight back up. Not with shite business men, a clueless Board and a manager most teams in the league don't want.

Good luck backing that up. :lol: