Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

Guest toonlass

£6 million plus Taylor is a fucking brilliant price for the sulky french twat. We are getting lads in who are used to the prem, played regularly for their teams and are not frightened of putting a bit of graft in. Much more pleased about getting Taylor and Nolan in than bringing in an N'Zogbia type tbh.

Just woken up to see this. Think it's a fair deal. Wouldn't of minded a straight swap for valencia but they probably would.

Especially when Man Utd & Real Madrid are being linked with him for £18m today...

Palacios was linked with Manu and went to spurs, n'zogbia was linked with arsenal and lyon, kevin mcnaughton  was linked with inter milan...what's your point?

Just woken up to see this. Think it's a fair deal. Wouldn't of minded a straight swap for valencia but they probably would.

Especially when Man Utd & Real Madrid are being linked with him for £18m today...

Palacios was linked with Manu and went to spurs, n'zogbia was linked with arsenal and lyon, kevin mcnaughton  was linked with inter milan...what's your point?

the point is, why would they swap a £6m rated player for an £18m rated player?

the point is, why would they swap a £6m rated player for an £18m rated player?

If they really rate him at that much then fair enough but I think that's just papers making up figures. I personally wouldn't rate him at much more than insomnia.

At first I though NE5 was an idiot.

Then I though the was a poor, senile, old man.

Finally, I realized that he was just another troll, on these boards solely to stir up s*** and have fun watching everyone bite. He's no different from Invicta Toon, only with less foul language.

Those of you thinking you can have any sort of rational discussion with him on any level are simply deluding yourselves. You're just fueling his fun. Ignoring him is absolutely the best policy.

the sad thing, is that you and others don't see the bigger picture, but we should write that off to naivety and the knee jerk reaction to the fact that you still cling to the belief that Ashley will in some way ever match the Halls and Shepherd, having badly misjudged them for ages, years, or however long.

Ginola and Robert left because they fell out with managers, not because they thought or realised they were playing for a shite club because it wasn't the case. N'Zogbia signed a new contract recently and without doubt would have stayed if Keegan had still be manager and felt the club was going places, he's now leaving for the same reasons as Owen and Given, which is that he knows he's playing for a club heading nowhere but real mediocrity, which is a type of mediocrity way short of what you thought it was under the old regime.

WUM ? Me ? The only problem here, is that some of you lot saying this only want to believe what suits you.

Did I just hear that Taylor is playing for Wigan today?

I hope not.

Turned on Talksport half way through them talking about Wigan, and I think I heard them say they wondered how he will play today with Newcastle 'sniffing around'.

How many Taylors do Wigan have?, one in their squad here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7856378.stm

Did I just hear that Taylor is playing for Wigan today?

I hope not.

Turned on Talksport half way through them talking about Wigan, and I think I heard them say they wondered how he will play today with Newcastle 'sniffing around'.

How many Taylors do Wigan have?, one in their squad here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7856378.stm

Just the one iirc

Guest johnson293

This is from todays 'Ronnie'....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/31/kinnear-hails-versatile-defender-ryan-taylor-72703-22825382/

Taylor was put through his paces in a medical today and was smoothing out the personal terms of his new contract on Tyneside.

Meanwhile, N’Zogbia was doing likewise at Wigan, and Shay Given has also been in the North West talking over personal terms with Man City, with both clubs still to agree a fee.

However, unlike fellow new boy Kevin Nolan, Taylor won’t play in the Tyne-Wear derby because his registration with the Premier League will come through too late.

So, who knows what going on!

I have had a look through a load of other sites, including wigan forum's, and still cant say for certain if he is in their team today. Worryingly though I have not found one wigan fan sorry to see Taylor go and as for the fee, everywhere I can find seems to have it as £4m plus Taylor, who incidently, is out of contract in the summer!

I have had a look through a load of other sites, including wigan forum's, and still cant say for certain if he is in their team today. Worryingly though I have not found one wigan fan sorry to see Taylor go and as for the fee, everywhere I can find seems to have it as £4m plus Taylor, who incidently, is out of contract in the summer!

Think Wigan fans would find our comments about N'Zogbia positive though?

Lol, Steve Bruce has just said on FF that Wigan are on the verge of making the biggest signing in their history in terms of transfer fee.

Lawrenson says, well its not N'Zogbia then!

Thick twat!

Yeah, Lawrenson trying to be too clever there. Manish (or the BBC sources) obviously think it's only 4.5m. If that's the case...why would Bruce say that they're close to sealing Wigan's biggest ever transfer (in terms of money)? Their current biggest transfer record is Heseky for around 5m. (Manish mentioned that to Lawrenson)

So that's why Lawrenson obviously ruled out n'zogbia. :lol: nah, it's just that you got the price tag wrong, mate. :idiot2:

One of my housemates does music tech, and another is useful with it, as am I.

Does anyone have a clip of Kinnear calling him Insomnia?  I really fancy having a bash at remixing Faithless....

:laugh: Don't have the clip but it might be on the bbc somewhere.