Ryan Taylor

Dave

Because he's not "rubbish".

Being not good enough for the PL and being rubbish are two completely different things. Something which alot on this forum can't seem to get their head around.

Good man-management, but he wasn't anywhere near terrific, he was absolutely crud. Tidy, but crud.

Players who hide and come up with nice touches every now and then - Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Raylor - get too much credit on here.

Unfair on Lovenkrands that imo. Yes, he's shit, but he's not a hider. The other two however, I agree on.

Good man-management, but he wasn't anywhere near terrific, he was absolutely crud. Tidy, but crud.

Players who hide and come up with nice touches every now and then - Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Raylor - get too much credit on here.

I'll take that from our third choice right-mid.

You'll take a player who spends most of the game hiding? Ok.

I'll take that from our third choice right-mid.

You'll take a player who spends most of the game hiding? Ok.

From the absolute last-resort in that position, i'm not going to expect miracles. Do you expect him to be anywhere near the first team next year?

It's so bloody boring. "He's shit, he must go." "He's class, he's bound to go." There's no happy medium; it's time to start thinking more practically.

I think you're wrong on this occassion, Ronny. Surely you - who, tbf is a pretty good judge of a player and squad - can see that we need to have a squad. Ryan Taylor is our reserve winger. He was only playing cos Barton and Guthrie are injured and, for some Godforsaken reason, Routledge is out on loan. Like i said before, do you expect him to be anywhere near the starting eleven next season? Of course he won't be. But i'd rather have someone in reserve than no one in reserve.

He's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but i'm happy him filling in when we're down to our absolute bare bones. Sorry to be cliche, but that's just football. He's getting chastisised for a very silly challenge - but is he the first player to make a daft tackle and get sent off? Of course he isn't. Up until then it was a steady performance from our reserve winger, that wasn't any real detriment to our performance. He's not at Smith levels of redundancy.

If he's willing to stay and play second fiddle, that's fine with me.

I just wish our squad was 'filled' with players with a bit of fight and ability to improve who can come in and do an OK job at the level at which we're playing.

There's no reason we can't bring in a Championship winger on half of Raylor's wages, with twice the ability. There's absolutely no reason at all.

He got clapped off the f***ing pitch, was embarrassing.

People were chanting his name when he went off too.

The same lot that booed Robert off, no doubt. :lol:

...and gave Gerrard a standing ovation a couple of years ago as he trotted off.  ???

I just wish our squad was 'filled' with players with a bit of fight and ability to improve who can come in and do an OK job at the level at which we're playing.

There's no reason we can't bring in a Championship winger on half of Raylor's wages, with twice the ability. There's absolutely no reason at all.

Adam Hammil for example

...and gave Gerrard a standing ovation a couple of years ago as he trotted off.  ???

To be fair that was the best individual performance I've seen at St. James' along with Scholes' in 02/03.

The Real Madrid fans gave Ronaldinho a standing ovation when he tore them apart...

To be fair that was the best individual performance I've seen at St. James' along with Scholes' in 02/03.

The Real Madrid fans gave Ronaldinho a standing ovation when he tore them apart...

With all due respect I don't give a fuck. I just think it's inherently wrong to applaud the cunt off irrespective of how he's played.

Lampard getting a round of applause when he went over to take a corner was just as bad. I know it's bitter as fuck too. :thup:

Going by this season if we'd had like for like replacements when injured we'd be knocking around the points chelsea are on, they are a class apart from us but my point stands.

With all due respect I don't give a fuck. I just think it's inherently wrong to applaud the cunt off irrespective of how he's played.

Lampard getting a round of applause when he went over to take a corner was just as bad. I know it's bitter as fuck too. :thup:

I see.

We had one and let him go, because he wasn't good enough at this level either.

Going by this season if we'd had like for like replacements when injured we'd be knocking around the points chelsea are on, they are a class apart from us but my point stands.

I'm talking about players like Wayne Routledge, not Joey Barton.

I think you're wrong on this occassion, Ronny. Surely you - who, tbf is a pretty good judge of a player and squad - can see that we need to have a squad. Ryan Taylor is our reserve winger. He was only playing cos Barton and Guthrie are injured and, for some Godforsaken reason, Routledge is out on loan. Like i said before, do you expect him to be anywhere near the starting eleven next season? Of course he won't be. But i'd rather have someone in reserve than no one in reserve.

He's not a great player by any stretch of the imagination but i'm happy him filling in when we're down to our absolute bare bones. Sorry to be cliche, but that's just football. He's getting chastisised for a very silly challenge - but is he the first player to make a daft tackle and get sent off? Of course he isn't. Up until then it was a steady performance from our reserve winger, that wasn't any real detriment to our performance. He's not at Smith levels of redundancy.

If he's willing to stay and play second fiddle, that's fine with me.

The one time we needed Ryan Taylor he's got sent off. It would be forgiveable if it was to prevent a goal or even in retaliation...but it was only to cover his own lack of touch and ability. Fuck me, Martins used to get pilloried for his lack of touch yet we sold him for close to £10m and he's come back and won a shit team like Birmingham a cup. It would be funny if it wasn't so predictable.

You're not the only one. I couldn't agree more. I'm there to support my team not cheer the wankers who are playing against it.

Guest neesy111

You're not the only one. I couldn't agree more. I'm there to support my team not cheer the wankers who are playing against it.

Spot On.  Only times I've clapped opposition players are Speed and Ferdinand when they returned.

• 3 weeks later...

on Soccer AM tomorrow!

I remember him doing 'team mates' last season, no way is Lovenkrands longest in the shower. Especially with lads like Shola and Houghton there at the time. Obviously Tiote now has the crown.