Ryan Taylor

Dave

Got to admit I've been wrong about him. After his early performances I thought we were doomed as long as he was in the line-up. However he's actually impressing me a bit recently, he seems to be actively adapting to the left back role and his defensive duties as well as becoming a bit more composed on the ball. I don't think he's a longterm option and the help from Jonas is pivotal but he's done a much better job than I ever expected.

Fair play to the mackem slayer.

I think Gary Neville got it right. With Jonas as his back up Ryan Taylor could go on playing left back until he's 43. That's not having a dig at him btw, he did a good job defensively yesterday, but if we want to move to the next level we need a genuine left back who is comfortable bringing the ball out. Ryan Taylor is still very limited.

Got to admit I've been wrong about him. After his early performances I thought we were doomed as long as he was in the line-up. However he's actually impressing me a bit recently, he seems to be actively adapting to the left back role and his defensive duties as well as becoming a bit more composed on the ball. I don't think he's a longterm option and the help from Jonas is pivotal but he's done a much better job than I ever expected.

Fair play to the mackem slayer.

This. He's doing an outstanding job at the minute but he's being helped greatly by Jonas. If Jonas gets injured I think Raylor will struggle a bit more.

Made another good cross on his left, to go with the beautiful ball to Marveaux on his left peg against Wigan.  I thought against Wigan and Spurs he started to show a bit more on the ball and almost looked comfortable with the ball at feet. 

My only gripe with him, and I didn't notice this last night, is he sometimes gets a bit gung ho.  He just overlaps Jonas and bombs on about 50 yards, without offering much of an option, we're fucked if we lose it. 

So far he's been great though, only player he's struggled with was SWP.  Still concerned about the prospect of him against someone like Silva or Nani though, but better players have been torn apart by them TBF.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Very decent.

Having Jonas obviously helps but he's done about 100 times better than I ever expected him to do. Maybe even a decent squad player?!

I think Gary Neville got it right. With Jonas as his back up Ryan Taylor could go on playing left back until he's 43. That's not having a dig at him btw, he did a good job defensively yesterday, but if we want to move to the next level we need a genuine left back who is comfortable bringing the ball out. Ryan Taylor is still very limited.

Probably. Still wouldn't want to change anything in the defence yet.

http://www.anfieldindex.com/3892/jose-enrique-premier-league-left-statistical-comparison.html#tb

came across this while scrolling over other clubs forums. Quite a nice read regarding the statistics.

Thanks, for that. Really interesting.

Losing Enrique still boils my piss and seeing them gloat over what a fantastic buy he was for them irritates still.

But Ryan Taylor holds his own I suppose, statistically speaking. (But that's probably down to our easy schedule  :) )

I really have to wonder though what the writer was thinking while putting the article together. Why was Ryan Taylor included for analysis at all? I'm happy he/she/it did. I don't think I would've bothered.

http://www.anfieldindex.com/3892/jose-enrique-premier-league-left-statistical-comparison.html#tb

came across this while scrolling over other clubs forums. Quite a nice read regarding the statistics.

Thanks, for that. Really interesting.

Losing Enrique still boils my piss and seeing them gloat over what a fantastic buy he was for them irritates still.

But Ryan Taylor holds his own I suppose, statistically speaking. (But that's probably down to our easy schedule  :) )

I really have to wonder though what the writer was thinking while putting the article together. Why was Ryan Taylor included for analysis at all? I'm happy he/she/it did. I don't think I would've bothered.

Because he wanted to include the starting left-backs for all the teams challenging for a CL place? ;)