Wise - On His Way Out?

Crumpy Gunt

shouldn't have been such a desperate need for him to do well though, as you had been so pleased with him until a month ago ?

I didn't expect them to sort everything out in one or two windows, our midfield lacking in creativity is the biggest problem that I can see with our squad and they should have done something about it.  I'm saying that now because I've always said that we lacked creativity and was willing to give them a chance to sort it, they haven't.

Ashley's appointments and dismissals have been inept.

Llambias is out of his depth in this particular business environment.

Wise acts as a Director concerning football matters; it is as plain as the nose on anyones face that he is also clearly out of his depth.

Joe Kinnear has been handed the poisoned chalice and is doing his level best.

That's it till the season's end.

youve got to wonder how well this scouting team has performed when it comes to scouring the globe for the best young talent. how many foreign lads have they signed?

Zamblera, Vuckic, Soderberg, Caio Ferreria. mightve missed one or two but 4 players in one year? Pretty shocking for a dedicated team amassed for that purpose.

In fact, if you look at the foreign lads we brought in before 'the system' there's a similar amount - Edgar, Kadar, Danquah, Baheng, Krul, N'Zogbia, Troisi, Inman which suggests not a lot has changed on that front. Only back then it was done at the behest of a manager working with his scouts, avoiding the needless crap we got into and which has partly caused our downfall.

Look at Liverpool for instance to see a manager really going after young, foreign talent. In recent times they've added Nemeth, Plessis, Insua, Hansen, Bouzanis, Ayala, Mendy, San Jose, Huth, Antwi, Bruna, Duran, Poloskei, Weijl, Pacheco, Simon, Saric, Flora, Duyan, Buchtmann, Kasami, Valle, Kacaniklic, Adjarevic. 24 to our 4. a couple of them like Antwi were added a couple of years ago but the majority have been added fairly recently.

Is wise incompetent or does ashley's stinginess extend to blocking cheap teenage signings too?

shouldn't have been such a desperate need for him to do well though, as you had been so pleased with him until a month ago ?

I didn't expect them to sort everything out in one or two windows, our midfield lacking in creativity is the biggest problem that I can see with our squad and they should have done something about it.  I'm saying that now because I've always said that we lacked creativity and was willing to give them a chance to sort it, they haven't.

what a load of whitewash, defending your man, and utter crap to go with it. Anybody but Fred. Hope the current shambles isn't too embarrassing for you  mackems.gif

Mike Ashley will never match the previous regime. The one that gave you the best 15 years of the last 50 by far. If you can put up league positions and european qualifications that show embarrassingly otherwise, I'll hold my hands up and admit it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If Wise had been in charge of transfers when Bobby was manager we'd have won the league 3 times in a row, possibly champion's league once or twice also. F.A. Cup probably go out in final

what a load of whitewash, defending your man, and utter crap to go with it. Anybody but Fred. Hope the current shambles isn't too embarrassing for you  mackems.gif

Mike Ashley will never match the previous regime. The one that gave you the best 15 years of the last 50 by far. If you can put up league positions and european qualifications that show embarrassingly otherwise, I'll hold my hands up and admit it.

15 years vs < 2 years :lol:  give it up man, i agree with your bigger arguemnt, i.e. ashley will fail, but why make stupid fuckin points like this? it's like saying:

nile ranger will never match shearers goal record, shearer gave football a great 15 years but ranger will never manage that, if you can show me statistics that indicate otherwise however you win the argument

nonsense

:lol:

I've criticised this transfer window, how is that a whitewash?  Unlike you, I'll not try to make out that everything they do is bad but when I think it is I'll say so.

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

If Wise had been in charge of transfers when Bobby was manager we'd have won the league 3 times in a row, possibly champion's league once or twice also. F.A. Cup probably go out in final

Your being sarcastic  :snod:

:lol:

I've criticised this transfer window, how is that a whitewash?  Unlike you, I'll not try to make out that everything they do is bad but when I think it is I'll say so.

haha, you certainly think that the people who ran the club between 1992 and 2007 are "just the same" as the buffoons that came before them ? And afterwards perhaps, although you haven't yet stated your stand on this one yet  bluelaugh.gif

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

we know you thought at least 3 of the 6 managers would succeed Ozzie, you have said so on this very site. What do you think of the merits of appointing a manager who had won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards, which would make it 4 out of 6 you agreed with.

Do you also still think that anyone who bought the club for 100m quid or more would have more idea than the last board [see my sig if you want to know who said this ?]

bluelaugh.gif

Guest Sniffer

First time I've read your sig, NE5. It does raise a smile.

Is Mick (Ashley?) actually Mike Ashley throwing us off the scent with that name change? Clever.

we know you thought at least 3 of the 6 managers would succeed Ozzie, you have said so on this very site. What do you think of the merits of appointing a manager who had won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards, which would make it 4 out of 6 you agreed with.

Do you also still think that anyone who bought the club for 100m quid or more would have more idea than the last board [see my sig if you want to know who said this ?]

bluelaugh.gif

Your second sentence shows that you have completely missed the point of my question.

Why don't you try answering it, rather than spamming this same old drivel because you don't dare acknowledge the fact that Shepherd had long ago ceased to take us anywhere?

bluelaugh.gif

Your second sentence shows that you have completely missed the point of my question.

Why don't you try answering it, rather than spamming this same old drivel because you don't dare acknowledge the fact that Shepherd had long ago ceased to take us anywhere?

my 2nd sentence, has the same ridiculous meaning as your quote in my sig. You said that anybody who bought the club would do better than the Halls and Shepherd.

With your usual hindsight, are you now going to retract that and say it wasn't the case ?

bluelaugh.gif

my 2nd sentence, has the same ridiculous meaning as your quote in my sig. You said that anybody who bought the club would do better than the Halls and Shepherd.

With your usual hindsight, are you now going to retract that and say it wasn't the case ?

no reply  :coolsmiley:

Guest The Libertine

[tin hat] I'd have Wise as manager over Kinnear right now. [/tin hat]

as good as it would be to get rid of kinnear, this might just bring more problems. i doubt the average fan would accept this and that could get very ugly and i cant see the players being very professional about it either. if kinnear somehow gets sacked/dies then we'll surely be stuck with hughton till the end of the season. its lose-lose sadly.

[tin hat] I'd have Wise as manager over Kinnear right now. [/tin hat]

I kinda wouldn't tbf. Dunno... even though Wise might do better in the short-term it'd signify that he'd be here to stay. If we're gonna chuck Kinnear then it's right that we chuck Wise aswell. Even though Kinnear's lack of success has largely been down to his own incompetence, we could throw out the old excuse: "look - the system hasn't worked under two managers, it's time to get rid," and that might just work...

I still hold a morsel of hope that Ashley will see sense/Wise will go himself. :undecided: