Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

Those people that are going on about Martinez.. are you forgetting the Paul Ince saga so quickly? His lower league record was brilliant with both clubs he was at.

We all know the rest.

That is a good point but Martinez has done well in the championship, Ince did well in League Two, quite a gulf between the divisions. still something of a risk, though.

I think most people thought Ince would fail. He has a horrible attitude and was never going to be able to manage Premier League players.

Martinez is more of a thinking manager and is uniquely qualified in terms of where he learned the game and where he played most of his career.

If we do end up with Bruce, I`m sure Martinez will end up at Wigan where he used to play as a player.....

Might as well kick this one back up to the first page considering that it's suddenly become pertinent.

Right now I just might take anything that doesn't involve Houghton being interim for the rest of the season with JFK coming back with a new contract in the summer.

First BIG decision for the new talkative fan friendly regime.

Time to walk the walk fellas and get someone in, with a view to let them building the club up to the stated position of challenging for trophies.

Still Martinez for me.

It still is, and has been for a few months a straight contest between Martinez and Ketsbaia for me.

As much as I'd like him here I doubt Ketsbia would be considered.  Too bold a move, too adventurous and I doubt most people running the club have heard of him anyway.  We need that kind of positive appointment but I can see us sending pleading letters and promises of long contracts to the likes of Venebles, Curbishly and Chris Coleman and appointing whoever's willing to take the pay cheque without rocking the boat too much.

Dream appointment would be Scolari. Realistic choices are down to Martinez and Jol although that one's based more in hope that reality as i doubt he is going to be available until the summer at the earliest, and even then we would have to compensate Hamburg. Can't see Ashley going for that.

Dream appointment would be Scolari. Realistic choices are down to Martinez and Jol although that one's based more in hope that reality as i doubt he is going to be available until the summer at the earliest, and even then we would have to compensate Hamburg. Can't see Ashley going for that.

Rate Jol higher than Scolari for PL.

I agree. Would be a cracking appointment. He's even worked under the DoF system and done well with it in this league before if, as it appears, we must stick with it.

I agree. Would be a cracking appointment. He's even worked under the DoF system and done well with it in this league before if, as it appears, we must stick with it.

Fell out big style with Comolli (DoF) didn't he?

We will wait until after his operation and see how his health is before any other appointments are made.

You don't go back to managing top-flight football for at least 3~4 months after you've had a bypass surgery.

If Ashley is sane(:rolleyes:), there will be an appointment.

We will wait until after his operation and see how his health is before any other appointments are made.

You don't go back to managing top-flight football for at least 3~4 months after you've had a bypass surgery.

Houllier and Souness did didnt they?

Houllier had five months off. Souness was insane.

Houllier had five months off. Souness was insane.

Could really see Ashley waiting for Kinnear to get better.

How about Scolari to the end of the season (he's out of work so who knows?) then Jol come the summer?

How about Scolari to the end of the season (he's out of work so who knows?) then Jol come the summer?

If we got Scolari to the end of the season, surely we should be looking at keeping him long term?

Scolari, Grant, Sven, Deschamps, Advocaat, Martinez or Shearer.

Get them all in and we'll have a management team. A different manager takes each match, depending on their speciality.

Great idea! Sven getting the chequebook and the difficult games, Advocaat and Martinez for when we want some flair and carpet football, Scolari and Grant for the games against Chelsea, Deschamps for when we play Italian teams in the Champions League and Shearer against the mackems and Boro