Nicky Butt enacts one-year contract extension clause

pinkeye

Guest justin99.

did anyone really believe he wouldn't be offered a contract?

it's amazing how the entire world except newcastle fans think he is a good player. 

it's amazing how the entire world except newcastle fans think he is a good player. 

What's amazing is that with the entire world thinking he's such a good player, no one ever puts in an offer for him.

Guest justin99.

What's amazing is that with the entire world thinking he's such a good player, no one ever puts in an offer for him.

well no top team in their right mind would make an offer for a 34 year old

well no top team in their right mind would make an offer for a 34 year old

We just did. Although obviously we aren't a top team and this just underlines where we are headed.

maybe Nicky Butt is living on his reputation at Newcastle, he was at one time, a bloody good player.

At some point people need to realise that it is game over and their level is now a lot lower than it once was.

On Sunday, Enrique and Gutierrez did really well by getting the ball off a Sunderland player, Enrique passed it to Butt. I was expecting him to aim for Duff, Carroll or Shola but he played an impossible ball to Gutierrez which went straight out for a throw-in

On Sunday, Enrique and Gutierrez did really well by getting the ball off a Sunderland player, Enrique passed it to Butt. I was expecting him to aim for Duff, Carroll or Shola but he played an impossible ball to Gutierrez which went straight out for a throw-in

Haha, i remember that, worst part is it was Duff, Carrol and Ameobi against three of their defenders and Jonas against 2 players. It had been a 3 on 3 with a Duff on the ball and with space infront of him. Could've ended up with a goal.

He did also play two fantastic long balls out to either wing - probably the best two passes played by anyone in the match.

I'll get me coat.......

He did also play two fantastic long balls out to either wing - probably the best two passes played by anyone in the match.

I'll get me coat.......

He did to be fair to him. He loves those Hollywood passes. Shame both were to shola.

Guest Wally_McFool

Hopefully with young Nicky know being under contract we may be able to offload him to Wigan, Blackburn or Bolton in the summer for a considerable fee.

About £2.47p and a box of Corn Flakes sounds about right.