Nicky Butt enacts one-year contract extension clause

pinkeye

Thinking about it, I think there was a clause that said he had to get the extension if he played so many games.

Although Kinnear might be happy about it and Butt clearly wants to stay, this is sadistically enough a remnant of the Shephered regime :lol:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/3974597.Butt_accepts_Kinnear___s_offer_to_extend_contract/

So basically there was nothing the club could have done about this one. I'd imagine wage is the same or better, and it's better money than he'd get anywhere else.

All that says is there was an option for another year, that doesn't mean he was guaranteed it. Kinnear made a point of actively offering the contract extension to Butt, a massive vote of faith I'd say.

Cool down guys.

Even with our present squad if everyone is fit he's no longer first choice. You need squad players - he's experienced and has a decent fitness record.

Decent squad player.

A decent squad player is a player that when given a chance won't fuck thing up for the rest of the team,  Nicky Butt is NOT a decent squad player, he's hardley a playe nowdays.

Funny how this is pretty much the only player to avoid an injury.

Three possibilities. Now the money grabbing bastard has secured his £3m payday he'll start playing with more effort as there is no worry of being injured.

Or alternatively, he'll suddenly injure much more easily than the rest of them now the £3m is in the bank.

Or perhaps he's just honest and shit, and willing to put money ahead of ambition, knowing that we could well be relegated.

At least he wants to be here. :lol:

Would you want to be here if you had been guaranteed £3m to play as a 35-year old no matter what?

Perhaps this is where the net transfer profit of £3m since Ashley has been here has gone?

At least he wants to be here. :lol:

Would you want to be here if you had been guaranteed £3m to play as a 35-year old no matter what?

Perhaps this is where the net transfer profit of £3m since Ashley has been here has gone?

did'nt MA say he would release some statement after the transfer window shut?

Guest Stephen927

He's been finished for a while. I don't even think he's good enough to be back up anymore.

To have a player like Nicky Butt in the team, you have to have 2 other central midfielders with him (a 4-3-3) to carry him through the game. He's not got the stamina anymore for a 4-4-2.