Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

movement is the key though, martin's movement off the ball is certainly better than carroll and shola but not brilliant overall. jonas' ball to set up owen in one of those games recently (not sure which) was brilliant. hopefully lovenkrands has good off the ball movement, i have a feeling he has although i'm not sure what i'm basing that on :lol:

jonas doesn't just need to be in a team with quick strikers, he needs to be in a team that creates space. we've seen what he can to in a team that cant, he plays well but once he beats a man he's straight on to the next one, but if he gets space i think he'll shine.

Pace creates space if used right, I just hope Marting looks along the line to avoid the offside trap.

Guest optimistic nit

movement is the key though, martin's movement off the ball is certainly better than carroll and shola but not brilliant overall. jonas' ball to set up owen in one of those games recently (not sure which) was brilliant. hopefully lovenkrands has good off the ball movement, i have a feeling he has although i'm not sure what i'm basing that on :lol:

jonas doesn't just need to be in a team with quick strikers, he needs to be in a team that creates space. we've seen what he can to in a team that cant, he plays well but once he beats a man he's straight on to the next one, but if he gets space i think he'll shine.

Pace creates space if used right, I just hope Marting looks along the line to avoid the offside trap.

we dont usually use it right though. we did when we had keegan in charge, but lets not get into that. it requires a tactician who knows what he's doing.

why shouldn't we be confident ahead of a game where a win would usually be expected, given the current situations of the 2 clubs?

That's likely what Aston Villa fans thought.  You're improving without doubt, but not good enough to expect to go and win tough away games every time. 

Been told that Krul will be on the bench and that there is a rotation with Forster going on atmo.

Thanks for that brand new information :thup:

I am really not confident about this game, think some of us are going to be in for a bit of a shock  :weep:

CHRIS Hughton admits that he is tempted to throw Nigerian pace ace Oba Martins straight back into the starting line-up for this weekend's league clash with Everton.

The 24-year-old has not played since the 3-0 win at Portsmouth in December and underwent a hernia operation in Germany last month.

But, having returned to full training during the two-week break, Martins could come into contention for a striking berth against the Toffees.

"There's no doubt that there's a temptation to put Oba straight back into the starting line-up," coach Chris told nufcTV

"But he's been out for a while and we'll have to assess what training he has done since he's came back.

"But that's a nice problem to have and we'll see what happens come Sunday."

Oba has been back in training for weeks now, if he is fit enough to trian then he will be getting fitter, match fitness can only come from playing games, and I would rather he started than was given 15 mins at the death.

Guest toonlass

He was rumoured to start at West Brom, the two week break will probably be a good thing for him, ensure that he has that little extra time before coming back. I hope he plays

Guest neesy111

massive game

a win here and win v bolton and then only 3 more wins needed for our survival imo

give us a good start and i'm sure the fan's will get behind the lads

Guest sicko2ndbest

massive game

a win here and win v bolton and then only 3 more wins needed for our survival imo

give us a good start and i'm sure the fan's will get behind the lads

A win v Everton and a win v Bolton will mean we are more or less safe. Lots of the bottom teams are playing each other and i cannot see 3-4 teams from the bottom going on a run, maybe one at most.

Massive game for us

This is the type of game we've done well in typically over the last few years when we've been shit. Usually do ok at home against the likes of Everton, Spurs and Villa and fall over against the real dross like Sheff Utd and Hull. Hopefully that will be the case again tomorrow, I'm quietly confident actually.

its a MUST-NOT-LOSE........ideally a win. need 4 points from the next two, otherwise we're screwed.

Disagree, I think a win tomorrow will mean that we can go into the Bolton not desperately needing anything.

its a MUST-NOT-LOSE........ideally a win. need 4 points from the next two, otherwise we're screwed.

Disagree, I think a win tomorrow will mean that we can go into the Bolton not desperately needing anything.

Even a win tomorrow does not mean we can afford to lose away to Bolton, Man U after those two so at least 4 points needed from the two games.

CHRIS Hughton admits that he is tempted to throw Nigerian pace ace Oba Martins straight back into the starting line-up for this weekend's league clash with Everton.

The 24-year-old has not played since the 3-0 win at Portsmouth in December and underwent a hernia operation in Germany last month.

But, having returned to full training during the two-week break, Martins could come into contention for a striking berth against the Toffees.

"There's no doubt that there's a temptation to put Oba straight back into the starting line-up," coach Chris told nufcTV

"But he's been out for a while and we'll have to assess what training he has done since he's came back.

"But that's a nice problem to have and we'll see what happens come Sunday."

Reading between the lines, Martins will be on the bench. Shola and Lovenkrands will start.

Quite right too. They did okay against West Brom, and Martins is coming back from a muscle injury.

any ideas what the everton line-up might be? Missing a lot of players for this one.

Taking a guess, something like this:

Howard

Jacobsen Jags Lescott Baines

Neville Rodwell

Anichebe Arteta Gosling

Jo

Been mulling this game over for the last 2 weeks and I'm still no nearer in deciding how this is going to pan out!  :crazy2:

We're at home with a few players back but a bit short on confidence......they're away with a few key men out but full of confidence. We need to win but so do they...

Fuck it, first goal will probably win it.  :lol:

Been mulling this game over for the last 2 weeks and I'm still no nearer in deciding how this is going to pan out!  :crazy2:

We're at home with a few players back but a bit short on confidence......they're away with a few key men out but full of confidence. We need to win but so do they...

f*** it, first goal will probably win it.  :lol:

1-0          9/1

0-1        8/1

1-1        6/1

is the route i'm going down

I'd go for starting Oba with Lovenkrands. Everton's back line isn't particularly quick, and so pace could be the key here. Can understand folk not being sure of Martins, but the only way he'll get match fitness is to play games. Simple as that really.

I'm hoping for a win, although Everton do have an excellent away record. Cahill will be a massive miss though.