Souness

Guest Brazilianbob

Although I don't want to go over old ground here, in footballing terms, not the board room side of it, Souness is the sole reason as to why the rot started, and we still haven't fully recovered as a football club from his tenure here.

I am not quite sure Liverpool have ever recovered either

yup, he took apart that team for sure too

Guest Brazilianbob

I would rather cut my balls off and eat them

Without anesthetic.

So thats a no then?

I hate myself for evening suggesting this but whats the alternative?  Stick with Hughton?

The alternative to Souness?

Off the top of my head here are a few suggestions to who or what is preferable to Graeme Souness:

Cancer

Being bummed to death by a randy zebra

A week listening to Glenn Roeder recite poetry

Having your testicles mashed between 2 bricks

Suicide

As a genuine alternative.  Hire a real fucking manager, not a stop gap.

Although I don't want to go over old ground here, in footballing terms, not the board room side of it,

Souness is the sole reason as to why the rot started,

and we still haven't fully recovered as a football club from his tenure here.

I'm at a loss for words, I can't believe a NUFC fan could have suggested that.

Is it not a form of euthanasia he's suggesting? We're suffering so put us out of our misery by administering Newcastle United with a dose of the deadly Graeme Souness as manager to speed up the death process.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely gutted when Shepherd appointed him and I never supported him durinmg his entire tenure at SJP, but I would have him back like a shot now!  Any other takers?

You obviously weren't at SJP in late 1993 when we stuffed a Souness-managed Liverpool 3-0 and were so much on top that the Sir John Hall Stand were singing 'Souness for Sunderland'....!!

I reckon that was an appropriate judgment on our former, un-mourned manager - we may well have  the pits in charge right now, but the words 'Devil' and 'Deep Blue Sea' come to mind....then again, with the Brains Dept running NUFC.........

Guest timmy boy

Absolutely gutted when Shepherd appointed him and I never supported him durinmg his entire tenure at SJP, but I would have him back like a shot now!  Any other takers?

You obviously weren't at SJP in late 1993 when we stuffed a Souness-managed Liverpool 3-0 and were so much on top that the Sir John Hall Stand were singing 'Souness for Sunderland'....!!

I reckon that was an appropriate judgment on our former, un-mourned manager - we may well have  the pits in charge right now, but the words 'Devil' and 'Deep Blue Sea' come to mind....then again, with the Brains Dept running NUFC.........

Did we turn them over 2-0 away that season as well? Andy Cole scored an amazing counter attacking goal  in front of the Anfield Rd end if it's the game I'm thinking of. Only time we have beat them at there place in my life time in the league, we beat them in the league cup at around the same time as well.

http://www.home.no/liverpool/pondus_17.jpg

THAT IS BRILLIANT (caps intended)

:lol: What comic is that?

Pondus, norwegian comic strip about a fanatical Liverpool fan and his friends. My favorite newspaper comic strip by far, there was one in the paper today I just need to post and translate, had me in stitches.

Not the best of translations, but here goes (remember, this guy is the biggest Liverpool fan in the world)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3428/pondus.jpg

1. Son: Football Manager? Pondus: OH YEAH, I love this game!

2. Pondus: Although he is injured, I've just bought Joseph Alastair from Woking for 100m pounds.

3. Son: Are you managing Man U yet again? Pondus: Yes! I sold Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo for a penny

4. Son: How long do you think you'll last? Pondus: I was hoping to see the season through but after an 8-1 defeat to QPR they are getting skeptical, I'm being watched! Oh oh...

Guest NorwegianMag

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00507/pondus_3_uke38_507992a.JPG

German left backs from the 70s with coherent eyebrows.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00522/pondus_1_uke46_522265a.JPG

Pondus presents: Horrible rulers past centuries

Eirik "One-Eye"

Djengis Khan

Idi Amin

Graeme Souness

"So you have Souness up there?"

"He reduce everything to rubble ruin."