Souness

Guest Brazilianbob

4 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

There really should be a (not dead) added to all these type of thread titles.

:) 

I think that's the first thing which goes through everyone's mind when they see a thread like this bumped. :lol:

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

This is why this forum needs a dislike button.

to be fair Football365 have written a whole article basically placing Souness next to Marcus Rashford

I have a bit of a love/hate thing with Souness. Hated him as a manager, liked him as a pundit and as a person, but then can't stand when he talks about us because he's so obviously bitter and plays up to every stereotype about the fanbase because he can't accept that he wasn't a good manager.

Kanji from here met him in Florida and said he was a very sound bloke too.

It’s a pass or fail mentality with Souness. You’re either, at face value, worthy of his respect, trust and support or you’re not. Which obviously isn’t the way to manage anyone, let alone millionaire footballers. A big reason he failed - in addition to being tactically only marginally ahead of Steve Bruce.

Fair play to him. I swam the distance of the channel for MacMillan (in a pool over a number of days) and was knackered—thigh hasn’t fully recovered a few months later! Really impressive of him to take it on, especially given his age and medical history. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What Souness has done with the Channel swim today is class like.  Just read up on the cause he's done it for and it sounds truly devastating and do need massive hell. 

Seems a class guy, just a shit manager.

As mentioned in the other thread, he gave the impression he was swimming the channel. He did a relay.

Whilst he might have made a million quid (kudos and respect), I personally have money based on the idea that he was swimming it himself.

That might be the way on which it/his team presented it, bit it was certainly the premise on which I donated.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

As mentioned in the other thread, he gave the impression he was swimming the channel. He did a relay.

Whilst he might have made a million quid (kudos and respect), I personally have money based on the idea that he was swimming it himself.

That might be the way on which it/his team presented it, bit it was certainly the premise on which I donated.

It's pretty clear on the donation page he is doing it as part of a team.  https://donate.giveasyoulive.com/fundraising/debraswim