The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

As a holding-midfielder, anyone think if we stay up it could be worth making a cheeky loan offer for Owen Hargreaves?

I'd imagine he'd be well down the pecking order now, and I can't see any club willing to risk paying a reasonable transfer fee, so could be worth a shout imo.

What's everyone seeing in Digard like? I thought he'd hardly started a game for them.

Boro fans seem to think he is quality and has great a future ahead of him but it won't be with them - the same as Bassong with us.

that johnson lad who came on for them in the second half looked canny, in a guthrie/milner sorta way, put in a couple of decent crosses too iirc

Been saying for months that we should sign him if Boro go down and we stay up. Expect we'd pay a few million for him, he's young, hungry, direct and has a good cross on him. Utterly baffling how he hardly starts a game for Boro.

Do you think it would be  a waste of time trying for Daniel Sturridge? I cant see him getting a chance very often if City splash the cash as i think they will...

I've read that Sturridge wants huge money. Could be bollocks like.

Supposedly asking for £60k.

Seems like an arrogant wanker to me, see his non-celebration the other week when he scored for City? Just walked off with a right gob on him and none of the other players seemed interested.

I've read that Sturridge wants huge money. Could be bollocks like.

Supposedly asking for £60k.

Seems like an arrogant w***** to me, see his non-celebration the other week when he scored for City? Just walked off with a right gob on him and none of the other players seemed interested.

I read somewhere on a city forum that he has some attitude problems..

If Shearer is in charge next season I would be so delighted as I don't have to worry about the signing we make next season. One thing we have to look is we have bring the next Bassong from the French league as they are so many good players. Wignas Figuera is a good shot on for the left back postion as well.

What's everyone seeing in Digard like? I thought he'd hardly started a game for them.

Me and Nixon you mean? :razz: I've seen him two or three times and thought that he looked very good as the deep, holding midfielder - exactly what we've needed this season really (amongst other things).

Guest Heneage

Me and Nixon you mean? :razz: I've seen him two or three times and thought that he looked very good as the deep, holding midfielder - exactly what we've needed this season really (amongst other things).

I'm basing some of it from his days with PSG really. In a good side he is a good player with a good expansive range of passing. He is a good defensive midfielder and would be such an upgrade on Butt.

Guest Schmocky

beckford and delph might be alright but have they got the experience at prem level? could see if we could get them on a cheeky loan and see if they can cut it.

Also read that blackburn are buying that left back after his loan period, and warnock may leave cos of it. warnock might be a decent signing if we can get him on the cheap.

beckford and delph might be alright but have they got the experience at prem level? could see if we could get them on a cheeky loan and see if they can cut it.

Also read that blackburn are buying that left back after his loan period, and warnock may leave cos of it. warnock might be a decent signing if we can get him on the cheap.

Beckford is a good finisher at that level but his first touch is poor and he also suffers massively from being a huge cunt...been s/off a couple of times for no reason this season and often gets himself involved in unnecessary actions.

I love how people are now assuming we're going to be in the Premiership next season btw.  :coolsmiley:

Well, we may as well enjoy it in case we do go down.  I'll just be glad when we are safe if we are so the abuse from mackems and other fans will end.  It's subsided since we beat Boro especially from the mackems.  The mackems at my work will not be happy if they go down though as for all the abuse I have received, I have a nice little plan to get back at them if they do go down.

They'll all have a free can of coca cola on there desks awaiting them the first day back after the end of the season along with a photo of Shearer.

I love how people are now assuming we're going to be in the Premiership next season btw.  :coolsmiley:

Well, we may as well enjoy it in case we do go down.  I'll just be glad when we are safe if we are so the abuse from mackems and other fans will end.  It's subsided since we beat Boro especially from the mackems.  The mackems at my work will not be happy if they go down though as for all the abuse I have received, I have a nice little plan to get back at them if they do go down.

They'll all have a free can of coca cola on there desks awaiting them the first day back after the end of the season along with a photo of Shearer.

Might have to steal that idea like. :lol:

I never abused Sunderland last time they went down, I actually tried to console the fans I knew. But some of the stick I've had this season is disgraceful... I'll be dishing it out if the fantastic does happen.

having been through a few sunderland relegations in my time and having used differing tactics to rub the salt in i have to say the one that worked best was to say nowt. you know,they know, but their relegation is not so big a thing to even warrant a mention. drove them bananas.