Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

Struggling to sympathise now mind.

Thing is though, the guy clearly doesn't know how to help himself. I'm sure he doesn't want to be like that. He needs help but maybe there isn't any help that can fix this.

:sadnod: In a lot of cases, it's just unstoppable unfortunately. It will end as it appears it will. So sad to see. Really feel for his kids, must be awful to see your Dad like this in the national press/globally.

Am sure his step-daughter won't mind that he's back in the news - she's made a career from his name, after-all. :thdn:

Maybe so, but it'll still be a tough watch. He's on the way out, it's only a matter of time.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've said this a million times but he needs to be locked up, and now.

It's the right answer like.

They can section people for self harm - so why not self harm with a bottle?

A lot of people have tried to help him and a lot will do so privately so I guess it is not fair to judge people as we don't really know what they have or haven't done.

This is the case, I think a lot of his friends, famous and local have almost given up after years of trying.

It's desparately sad to see but short of locking him up/ sectioning him, what can you do?

You know the weird thing is, every time he does this, it gets him a lot of attention and sympathy lets say. Maybe that's what he craves more than anything. He needs to find some other way of filling that gap if so.

Really sad, like. Daft speculating about his mates or former mates and where they are now. People grow apart, change for the better, change for the worse, and like the article above claims, Evans has certainly made efforts to help his former pal.

I've definitely partaken in activities with people who have moved on to fully blown addiction and rehab, and in two cases death. I'm not to blame for that.

Seen some awful tweets this morning about Gazza ''he doesn't want help, let him die'' etc. Sickening stuff.

He is very ill, I hope somebody with the means to can help him.

I was told he was in really good shape till a few weeks ago till apparently a trip "back home" sparked this latest relapse.

It would seem the temptation to get minging is just too much back up north

Is it fair to say that he's just completely beyond the point of help now?

It's hard to say really. I work in an addiction centre and there's plenty of cases when someone has gotten to this stage and come out of it. It really depends on the individual case. It's not looking good if he's in that state and is continuing to drink though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm amazed he's made it this far with what he's been drinking. I would have thought he would have been knacked a long time ago - I've seen people drink much, much less and die via complications.

It is amazing he hasn't needed a liver transplant. Your liver can function with no apparent detrimental symptoms even at 20% of it's capacity but once you go under that 20% threshold you're screwed basically.

Sadly he'll die one way or another fairly soon, be it illness or suicide. Tragic really.

Seeing that image, first thing that popped in my mind was 'woah, deadman walking'.

Can't say someone needs to help him anymore. It's down to him now how long he toughs it out.

He reminds me of Scott Hall in the WWE.

I watched him on Piers Morgan, and he genuinely sounded like he wanted to change/turn his life around. Look at where he is now  :(. I find it hard to feel sorry for him when he makes so many empty promises, and i doubt if he was just an average person he would have been given anywhere near as much help as he has had.

Guest Haris Vuckic

For all he might *want* to change his life - I imagine with addiction - especially alcohol - it must be nigh on impossible. So I don't think the promises are empty per se - it's just that he has an incredibly difficult battle to fight and he's thick as mince.

His heart might be in it - but a lot of things are against him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yep, definitely no cases of highly intelligent people destroying themselves. :thup:

That's exactly what I was saying mate. :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: