Paul Gascoigne

Thespence

He needs locking up. Treatment obviously does him no good whatsoever.

There's no other option but treatment. 'Locking [him] up' is an inhumane (and, as I'd expect you to know, impracticable) response, as is leaving him to his own devices.

The only solution is to put him in a place where he can't drink, can't interact with the outside world and can reflect upon what a thorough mess he's become and why.

He needs to be imprisoned or detained under the MHA for a long period, not days, weeks or months.

He's fucking ill you arsehole!

Soz pal. Forgot being detained under the MHA was only for those who are a bit silly.

It's been said there is a thin line between genius and insanity. Gazza was once a genius but he has obviously transgressed since his England career was curtailed, prematurely in my opinion by Hoddle. The guy has issues most of us couldn't comprehend, and to attempt to make judgment on him seems wrong to me. He evidently needs treatment of some kind.

Chuck him in a cell ,treatment does fuck all,George Best to my knowledge was a harmless mellow drunk while Gazza is a violent,wife beating pathetic mess  :huff:

It's been said there is a thin line between genius and insanity. Gazza was once a genius but he has obviously transgressed since his England career was curtailed, prematurely in my opinion by Hoddle. The guy has issues most of us couldn't comprehend, and to attempt to make judgment on him seems wrong to me. He evidently needs treatment of some kind.

Chuck him in a cell ,treatment does fuck all,George Best to my knowledge was a harmless mellow drunk while Gazza is a violent,wife beating pathetic mess  :huff:

George Best did a bit of wife beating didn't he?

Nah, Best used to hit women regularly, usually his wife. Another flawed genius. Pissed people tend to make poor out-of-character judgements and overreact to others' actions, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Aye, as Billy incognito said. :shifty:

He needs locking up. Treatment obviously does him no good whatsoever.

There's no other option but treatment. 'Locking [him] up' is an inhumane (and, as I'd expect you to know, impracticable) response, as is leaving him to his own devices.

The only solution is to put him in a place where he can't drink, can't interact with the outside world and can reflect upon what a thorough mess he's become and why.

He needs to be imprisoned or detained under the MHA for a long period, not days, weeks or months.

He's f***ing ill you arsehole!

Soz pal. Forgot being detained under the MHA was only for those who are a bit silly.

Tbh it's kind of an all-encompassing proviso that if you know or suspect someone to have mental have issues, you can get them off the street and properly assessed/cared for. Very quick tool to defuse situations etc, like breach of the peach.

The "drunken assault on ex wife" was grabbing her arm btw. Nowhere near as bad as the headlines want you to think.

Yeah read that, they let him out with no charge so it was probably a bit "come on Gazza lad, you're a bit pissed, sleep it off at the station, by the way can I have your autograph?".

Next time he might headbutt her again, or break her fingers. All good fun, though, this getting drunk when you're an alcoholic lark.

Peeps seems to feel sorry for him and not the Gazza who has been a non entity as a father,wife beating arsehole, cannot defend him at all and if i lifted a finger to my wife if drunk or sober i know it was time to go .

Guest neesy111

Didn't Andy Caroll hit his bird? Seems there was no "lock him up and throw away the key" for him. this thread reads like RTG to me.

:facepalm:

Guest bimpy474

nearly 3 years ago and yes no angel , Carroll likes the drink but nowhere near the mess Gazza is

The timeline's irrelevant. Surely Carroll's is worse as he's not a "mess" is fairly cogent and drinks socially. I'm not saying what Gazza did is right, or defending it, far from it. If he commits a crime like anyone else he has to face the consequence. Throwing him in prison over the fact he is an alcoholic is borderline ridiculous and is of no benefit to him or society at large. It's fairly obvious the guy needs help, and by all accounts he's exhausted what little sympathy he had left. But prison is certainly not the answer at all.

May i just add, Gazza has to help himself and want to help himself. Something he has failed to do up to this point. His friends and family can give him all their help, it's really up to him in the end if he wants that help.

nearly 3 years ago and yes no angel , Carroll likes the drink but nowhere near the mess Gazza is

The timeline's irrelevant. Surely Carroll's is worse as he's not a "mess" is fairly cogent and drinks socially. I'm not saying what Gazza did is right, or defending it, far from it. If he commits a crime like anyone else he has to face the consequence. Throwing him in prison over the fact he is an alcoholic is borderline ridiculous and is of no benefit to him or society at large. It's fairly obvious the guy needs help, and by all accounts he's exhausted what little sympathy he had left. But prison is certainly not the answer at all.

prison the wrong place but where does he go now as all the other options have been tried without success and my only conclusion is dead within a year sadly alone and having so much to give to the game that put him on a pedastel  :sad:

Throwing him in prison over the fact he is an alcoholic is borderline ridiculous and is of no benefit to him or society at large. It's fairly obvious the guy needs help, and by all accounts he's exhausted what little sympathy he had left. But prison is certainly not the answer at all.

It is if he breaks the law. :lol:

Guest strongbow69

Throwing him in prison over the fact he is an alcoholic is borderline ridiculous and is of no benefit to him or society at large. It's fairly obvious the guy needs help, and by all accounts he's exhausted what little sympathy he had left. But prison is certainly not the answer at all.

It is if he breaks the law. :lol:

assault on a security guard was it not?

Guest Howaythetoon

Gazza needs sectioned for his own safety to be honest because he will die soon unless he gets that level of help. He obviously has mental health issues and we already know he suffers from depression, anxiety and of course alcoholism. If he was my son or uncle or brother I'd go to the courts to see if I could get him sectioned. He needs locked away for a year, away from the media, temptation, hangers on etc. and needs round the clock supervision and care.

Mentally the man is shot and while he is a wife beater and has had lots of chances and help etc. etc., he is a human being who must be suffering massively on so many mental health related levels. Its actually quite sad to be honest. I've lived with and around people who have suffered with alcoholism and its not nice but I don't believe that's the number one issue with Gazza, I think the drink is simply a release from his other mental anguishes.

Gazza needs sectioned for his own safety to be honest because he will die soon unless he gets that level of help. He obviously has mental health issues and we already know he suffers from depression, anxiety and of course alcoholism. If he was my son or uncle or brother I'd go to the courts to see if I could get him sectioned. He needs locked away for a year, away from the media, temptation, hangers on etc. and needs round the clock supervision and care.

Mentally the man is shot and while he is a wife beater and has had lots of chances and help etc. etc., he is a human being who must be suffering massively on so many mental health related levels. Its actually quite sad to be honest. I've lived with and around people who have suffered with alcoholism and its not nice but I don't believe that's the number one issue with Gazza, I think the drink is simply a release from his other mental anguishes.

Well said and after reading his autobiography he had loads of issues from a young lad upwards but when i finished reading it i thought what a  :pedro:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...