Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

Guest toonlass

Why is this not on the official site?

Cos according to our official site Joey Barton hasn't been arrested or jailed yet ffs. Its so behind times there are probably dinosaurs still wandering around St James' Park

Not a fan of him being our manager really. At least not in the long term. But, regardless, it should be a lift to the team/supporters this season and hopefully it contributes to us staying up (and Kinnear quietly leaving the club).

surely you can only judge his suitability long term on his short term performance.

Well, yeah that's true. Basically what I am saying is that I don't think Shearer will make a good manager. But I am acknowledging that his status and what he means to the club could be vital this season, but that this effect will not last long term.

Guest Chubby Jason

Keegan confirmed - after 10pm

Shearer confirmed - 11.30pm

Coincidence?

Keegan's appointment was during the day wasn't it?

Have we seen this before?

Legendary ex player comes in as manager with no managerial experience with the team near the bottom of their division fighting for survival.

Only he keeps them up and goes on the build an amazing side, title challengers.... I need to stop dreaming.

Guest michaelfoster

4th manager of the season after Keegan, Kinnear and Hughton. Record? :lol:

What's his title gonna be Temporary Interim Interim?  :undecided:

Interim Interim Manager

Guest neesy111

this just shows that we still a much higher club than most of premiership put together

breaking news on sky news, i bet the mackems could not do anything like that

Guest toonlass

Keegan confirmed - after 10pm

Shearer confirmed - 11.30pm

Coincidence?

Keegan's appointment was during the day wasn't it?

I remember Adrian Durham breaking it on Talkshite when I was driving home so I'd say between 4 and 5pm

Was tea-time cos I nearly crashed my car on the big cramlington roundabout on the way home from work before turning around for the FA cup match against Stoke I believe for Keegan.

this just shows that we still a much higher club than most of premiership put together

breaking news on sky news, i bet the mackems could not do anything like that

:snod:

Other fans don't like to admit it but it's true. We're such a big draw it's hilarious. :lol:

Also, fair play to the club for rolling the dice and doing something. I've posted before that I didn't think they would act before the end of the season.

Whether or not it's enough remains to be seen, but credit where it's due.

Hopefully a glimmer of hope that they arent completely oblivious to our situation