Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

WTF....fucking great news, heard it here in NZ 15 minutes after midday and thought "oh it's April Fools back home" (bit more colourful than that tho') and proceeded to put a screwdriver thru the company car radio

If it's true it is absolutely cracking news but I don't know how I'm going to explain the company car radio

Question is will the Lee come join the coaching staff? 

If he stays on It wouldnt be a suprise to see Gary Speed back too. Hughton and Calderwood on their bikes.

With only 8 games to go and him only manager till the end of the season do you think the board will allow him to bring in whoever he wants as his backroom staff and sack current backroom staff members ?

Also if he did bring in his own backroom staff I have no doubts they will all be experienced. Shearer isn't daft he knows his weaknesses and wouldn't bring in anyone unproven at this stage to support him in those weaknesses

Affirmative according to a post back up there^

I'm stroking a boner here, but as this news was released around 11pm last night, i ain't gonna be poppin' off till i get the official word.

If he stays on It wouldnt be a suprise to see Gary Speed back too. Hughton and Calderwood on their bikes.

With only 8 games to go and him only manager till the end of the season do you think the board will allow him to bring in whoever he wants as his backroom staff and sack current backroom staff members ?

Also if he did bring in his own backroom staff I have no doubts they will all be experienced. Shearer isn't daft he knows his weaknesses and wouldn't bring in anyone unproven at this stage to support him in those weaknesses

I think Shearer will pretty much have the board by their knackers at this point. I dont expect anyone but Rob Lee to come in straight away. Hughton and Calderwood will certainly stay on until the end of the season at least. There isnt any point getting rid of anyone. Both Hughton and Calderwood will act as the experience for now.

If he stays on past the season it will be interesting to see if John Carver returns alongside Lee as predicted before xmas.

Its all on the up now until the we get a thumping from Chelsea to bring us back down to earth.

Another mad decision from our owner.  Waits a month and a half for a knackered so-so manager to come back, leaving Hughton in charge and then finally decides to replace him with an inexperienced (but potentially inspirational) ex-player.

With regard to Shearer though, this is a no lose situation for him as if it all goes up shit-creek then he's not going to be held accountable and he can walk away at the end of the season getting the 'Shearer for Manager' campaign to stop turning up at St James' to parade for the Sky cameras the next time we need a manager.  If we don't go down he's an even bigger legend than he was three years ago.

Another mad decision from our owner.  Waits a month and a half for a knackered so-so manager to come back, leaving Hughton in charge and then finally decides to replace him with an inexperienced (but potentially inspirational) ex-player.

With regard to Shearer though, this is a no lose situation for him as if it all goes up shit-creek then he's not going to be held accountable and he can walk away at the end of the season getting the 'Shearer for Manager' campaign to stop turning up at St James' to parade for the Sky cameras the next time we need a manager.  If we don't go down he's an even bigger legend than he was three years ago.

Now I've slept on it, and still hoping this isn't a cruel April Fools' joke, this post sums up my feelings brilliantly.

Cautiously optimistic...

Highly reminiscent of Sir John Hall's original motivation for hiring Keegan - a short term appointment that would lift the fans and team to hopefully avoid relegation.