Joey Barton

J7

Guest Phil K

How many games has Barton been available to play in during the last two years? You'd have a hard job picking him if the pillock is suspended. Good luck on that one.

Mostly through injury, true.

I certainly believe his rep goes before him, and yesterday proved that.

if he wallows in it it's because barton has just removed any chance he had of seeing a competent midfielder by being a pigshit think c***

hope swine flu reigns down on the prick

Bit daft that.

I say again though - some of us are doing what the rags want - AS USUAL

Barton acted daft, true. Rash, certainly. Frustrated by the "Duh....what I do next ?" midfielders we have undoubtably.

But hell - how many of our team have played like morons this season ?

Or better - how few HAVEN'T ?

How many games has Barton been available to play in during the last two years? You'd have a hard job picking him if the pillock is suspended. Good luck on that one.

"rep" works both ways mate - he's got previous and knows it so he shouldn't be putting himself in with a chance of a card being issued in such a place

if he wallows in it it's because barton has just removed any chance he had of seeing a competent midfielder by being a pigshit think c***

hope swine flu reigns down on the prick

Bit daft that.

I say again though - some of us are doing what the rags want - AS USUAL

forgot the smiley after the swine flu bit, and i do my own thinking thanks

i've already said i thought it was a yellow not a red in reality but his actions prompted a wrong/difficult decision by the ref

what on earth are you defending here?

Guest Phil K

"rep" works both ways mate - he's got previous and knows it so he shouldn't be putting himself in with a chance of a card being issued in such a place

You're supposed to be judged by what you do

NOT by what your reputation SAYS you do

what on earth are you defending here?

Not so much defending as putting a side which can't put its own case, and too many are just doing the bidding of the media. (Thats not against you by the way)

You're supposed to be judged by what you do

NOT by what your reputation SAYS you do

you appear to be under the impression his reputation and his actions yesterday were out of sync, i disagree - he lived right up to his rep actually

he WAS judged by what he did man, he was just judged harshly (according to some of us) but i doubt a lot of football fans would agree with the assessment

Guest Phil K

you appear to be under the impression his reputation and his actions yesterday were out of sync, i disagree - he lived right up to his rep actually

he WAS judged by what he did man, he was just judged harshly (according to some of us) but i doubt a lot of football fans would agree with the assessment

You just said when you looked at it again, you thought it a yellow.

You too jumped in and judged on his rep.

The ref shouldn't, but did.

Its hardly the first time the anfield ref syndrome buggered NUFC, now is it ?

Hm. Didn't realize the time. Have to go to work

Always enjoy a bit of snapping at each other over the pile of steaming dog poo we call NUFC these days...

Ah well - we can resume tommora.

The commentator's after the incident were making out that they didnt even think it was a card, then by the end of the match they said 'you couldnt argue with the decision' or something to that end.

For most it seems the issue isn't whether it was a red or yellow or not (I don't think it warranted a sending off), but rather the fact that Barton ever made the tackle in the first place.

That's where he's let himself - and us - down.

Of course he was judged more harshly because of who he is, where we were playing and because the referee was poor. Everything conspired against him after the fact, but he should have never put himself into that position.

It's a shame it's happened and he's suspended, but he deserves everything he gets for bringing it upon himself unfortunately.

You just said when you looked at it again, you thought it a yellow.

You too jumped in and judged on his rep.

The ref shouldn't, but did.

Its hardly the first time the anfield ref syndrome buggered NUFC, now is it ?

i considered it a yellow after watching a few dodgily placed replays, i wouldn't have envied the ref that decision 'cause it probably looked really bad from where he was

he's got a rep as violent man and a dirty player (to a degree) so flying into a dangerous tackle where and when he did forces the refs hand dude - i'm sure if the ref could have paused time, watched the replays a few times without the fans baying for blood then he might have called it a yellow but it's not like barton did nothing and was judged ONLY on his reputation here is it?

Guest Phil K

The commentator's after the incident were making out that they didnt even think it was a card, then by the end of the match they said 'you couldnt argue with the decision' or something to that end.

Quick before I go to work !

EXACTLY. Just what I've been saying.

Problem is, too many of our own fans shape their opinions on them, who themselves work up the incident to suit their own image.

For most it seems the issue isn't whether it was a red or yellow or not (I don't think it warranted a sending off), but rather the fact that Barton ever made the tackle in the first place.

Of course he was judged more harshly because of who he is, where we were playing and because the referee was poor. Everything conspired against him after the fact, but he should have never put himself into that position.

It's a shame it's happened and he's suspended, but he deserves everything he gets for bringing it upon himself unfortunately.

Nailed. :thup:

Guest Mcdonald36

Problem is, too many of our own fans shape their opinions on them, who themselves work up the incident to suit their own image.

Do fuck off you patronising twat. Every neutral I've spoken to said it was a Red.

Do fuck off you patronising twat. Every neutral I've spoken to said it was a Red.

:lol:

making the lads point for him (in his mind)

Well, theres some nuggets like "JimmyMag" who are allowing the media to do their thinking for them and going on as if Barton attacked the Liverpool player with a machete !

I thought it a rash challenge, and also like most of you, have seen FAR worse go unpunished.

It was an Anfield refs decision. If done by a Liverpool player, fine and dandy. Done by a Newcastle player, a physical assault. (Watch the rags try to make more of it in the next few days to prove my point - Shearer shouldn't play their game)

And insulting Barton is also allowing the rags to do your thinking for you too..... :rolleyes:

Barton's a total head case and I want him out of the club asap!

And replace with who, pray tell ?

We're a bit short at the moment as is - of course, no surprise YOU can't see the obvious.

Yet another ridiculous post from you pal, this time resorting to personal insults and attributing comments to me that I haven't made.

My opinion on the Barton challenge was that it was reckless, unnecessary and probably dangerous and, bearing in mind Barton's previous, stupid. Surely even you can see that the timing of the challenge, both in the game itself and bearing in mind our current predicament, confirms that Barton is a total headcase and a liability to any club that is unfortunate enough to employ him.

Are you going to support him unconditionally and give him yet another chance to redeem himself, or are YOU going to "see the obvious" and conclude that we're better off without him?

Ironically I would like to keep him despite the fact his 2 year non-appearances will probably cost us relegation, he's better than all our other CM's. But I just can't see this neanderthal seeing the light. He's always going to do what he did yesterday, again and again till the end of time. The thick cunt is incapable of reigning himself in.

Was this actually his first red for us?

I really think it's the timing that makes it bad.  Plenty of players make such tackles, and surely even if he kept his head down off the pitch, we knew he was going to get sent off sometimes.  If this was earlier in the season, I'm sure it would have been no big deal.  But the timing couldn't be worse - 3 game ban, 3 games left.

Is there no chance we'll appeal, to at least delay the ban?

correct. all the things you mentioned are extra reasons why Barton should've been on his best behaviour.

Has he not just proven that he can't be trusted to keep his head, at all? If it wasn't Liverpool then it's pretty likely it would have been in some other, more important match. :undecided:

Has he not just proven that he can't be trusted to keep his head, at all? If it wasn't Liverpool then it's pretty likely it would have been in some other, more important match. :undecided:

Not really no.  Players get sent off & suspended all of the time.

I've not looked it up, but I don't recall his onfield disciplinary record being particularly bad tbh.

What he did was no worse than what Nolan did against Everton & I know which of the two I'd rather lose in the summer.

I've not looked it up, but I don't recall his onfield disciplinary record being particularly bad tbh.

What he did was no worse than what Nolan did against Everton & I know which of the two I'd rather lose in the summer.

:thup:

Nolan isn't the one with massive self-inflicted pressure on him to behave himself, on or off the pitch. Shearer put faith in him to be sensible and he wasn't.

FWIW Barton's been booked regularly throughout his career and sent off four times.

Whatever you think of the decision itself, were you particularly surprised when he got himself sent off lunging in on for no discernable reason on an opponent that was at that time no danger to us whatsoever? I wasn't.

I agree to an extent. Smith did worse in the actual game, he just missed the player.

Has Barton been sent off for us before, I can't recall one?