Joey Barton

J7

On what grounds can we rip his contract up?  ???

Well I don't literally mean ending his contract, but getting rid in whatever way we can.

Thought that's what you meant when you suggested sacking him.  :thup:

He's got 3 years left on his contract and every week he's not involved another (circa) £50k leaves the club. Shearer should have been smarter imo. Suspending him until further notice sends out the signal he's persona non grata and he's now worthless to us. We'll be lucky if we can give him away now.  :undecided:

But within the club and in the dressing room, suspending a player who confronted the manager in front of the other players has sent out a very clear message as far as discipline goes and you cant put a price on that.

If Shearer or the club had not acted at all, that might have had a much more detrimental affect on the atmosphere around the place than the loss of money.

That's a fair point.  :thup:

Just don't like the idea of Barton digging his heels in and milking another £8m from the club. We would have found it much easier to peddle him had we, publically, kept him 'in the fold' imo. 

To suggest Shearer is wrong in all of this is nothign short of ridiculous. Joey Barton is a w*****, and for once he has came up against someone who isn't frightened to end this mans career, even if it is only as a Newcastle United player.

This t*** has had endless amounts of chances, and finally someone has embarassed him in front of the world. He will never even be half the player Shearer was and certaintly not half the man.

I must admit I backed him thinking he was our strongest central midfielder and thought I'll give him one last chance, but the fuckstick has blown it now - completely.

WELL DONE ALAN SHEARER!!...for you have publically shown your not going to be f***ed around and you are going to show discipline is being instilled in everyone at the club. This sends a message out to anyone in football, Alan Shearer won't be f***ed with as a manager, just as he wouldn't be f***ed with as a player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, his black and white sleeve, and that is something Newcastle need right now, not some jumped up little charva t*** getting sent off.

This should bring more unity to the players - or I would like to think so, and if quality isn't going to get us out fo this mess then I hope the determination, motivation and dedication does!

f*** JOEY BARTON! f*** RELEGATION! HOWAY ALAN SHEARERS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

And yet in August when it was suggested that Ashley wanted to wash his hands of Barton and sell him, a fair few fans backed Keegan's stance of wanting to keep him...

Aye, backing the manager to make the decisions on his playing staff. Weird concept, eh?

Owner of a company wanting rid of a troublesome employee in trouble with the law...weird concept, eh? ;)

Yep, key difference is now the manager agrees. Keegan obviously didn't, I don't see the problem with fans backing the manager that's all.

Just don't like the idea of Barton digging his heels in and milking another £8m from the club. We would have found it much easier to peddle him had we, publically, kept him 'in the fold' imo. 

The issue where we had to pay his 'loyalty' bonus was a farce and the fact he's got a massive twat for an agent won't help us. :undecided:

he should have been sacked the day he was convicted.

i remember reading that the chances of this happening were undermined by the way Ashley and co went about it, first asking him to take a pay cut.

On what grounds can we rip his contract up?  ???

Well I don't literally mean ending his contract, but getting rid in whatever way we can.

Thought that's what you meant when you suggested sacking him.  :thup:

He's got 3 years left on his contract and every week he's not involved another (circa) £50k leaves the club. Shearer should have been smarter imo. Suspending him until further notice sends out the signal he's persona non grata and he's now worthless to us. We'll be lucky if we can give him away now.  :undecided:

But within the club and in the dressing room, suspending a player who confronted the manager in front of the other players has sent out a very clear message as far as discipline goes and you cant put a price on that.

If Shearer or the club had not acted at all, that might have had a much more detrimental affect on the atmosphere around the place than the loss of money.

That's a fair point.  :thup:

I agree there like. It's alot easier to get rid of a player who's around than one completely frozen out.

I agree there like. It's alot easier to get rid of a player who's around than one completely frozen out.

I agree too but this is Joey Barton. The rules dont apply to him - his reputation precedes him. It was always going to be difficult to get rid of him

To suggest Shearer is wrong in all of this is nothign short of ridiculous. Joey Barton is a w*****, and for once he has came up against someone who isn't frightened to end this mans career, even if it is only as a Newcastle United player.

This t*** has had endless amounts of chances, and finally someone has embarassed him in front of the world. He will never even be half the player Shearer was and certaintly not half the man.

I must admit I backed him thinking he was our strongest central midfielder and thought I'll give him one last chance, but the fuckstick has blown it now - completely.

WELL DONE ALAN SHEARER!!...for you have publically shown your not going to be f***ed around and you are going to show discipline is being instilled in everyone at the club. This sends a message out to anyone in football, Alan Shearer won't be f***ed with as a manager, just as he wouldn't be f***ed with as a player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, his black and white sleeve, and that is something Newcastle need right now, not some jumped up little charva t*** getting sent off.

This should bring more unity to the players - or I would like to think so, and if quality isn't going to get us out fo this mess then I hope the determination, motivation and dedication does!

f*** JOEY BARTON! f*** RELEGATION! HOWAY ALAN SHEARERS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

And yet in August when it was suggested that Ashley wanted to wash his hands of Barton and sell him, a fair few fans backed Keegan's stance of wanting to keep him...

It was pretty obvious as to why. Just look at the fabulous job the recruitment team done on plugging the gaping hole we've had in central midfield for a few seasons now. I know you're being contrary again for the sake of it btw. ;)

The issue where we had to pay his 'loyalty' bonus was a farce and the fact he's got a massive twat for an agent won't help us. :undecided:

If Shearer is making a stand on discipline and conduct then we should really be consistent and rise above what it will cost us in terms of wages or sell on fee. He's got three years of his contract left and should be frozen out until he goes cap in hand to apologise to his boss. Let the grasping little troll rot in the reserves if we have to.

Bloody hell it's on national news at 10. 'Now Shearer shows Barton the red card!'

God. Newcastle are such a small club, they think they're everything but noone gives a damn about them....blah blah etc etc.

From Martin Samuel's column

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177729/MARTIN-SAMUEL-What-Hiddink-learn-principles-playground-Pokemon.html?ITO=1490

Shearer restores pride with Joey ban  Decent: Shearer spared his club more shame over Barton

Alan Shearer found Joey Barton out. The player had the opportunity to be a genuine force for good in helping Newcastle United claw out of this hole, and he recklessly rejected it with his tackle on Xabi Alonso. Shearer recognised the lack of care instantly, and nailed Barton, which is why there was such an angry reaction to his criticism.

Still, does anyone remain in doubt that he is the man to manage Newcastle United? There is very little pride on Tyneside these days but Shearer reclaimed a sliver of it with the announcement that Barton had been told to stay away from the club indefinitely.

This has no great impact, as Barton’s red card ensured he would not play any further part in the season, but it may just have been a first tentative step on the path to Newcastle’s recovery.

Shearer desperately needs a win, but ditching Barton showed he at least cares more for the reputation of his club than many predecessors. And Newcastle again stand for something other than boardroom chaos. Shearer gave the player a chance, which was the decent approach, and, when Barton abused it, as he has just about every chance offered, Shearer acted to prevent further embarrassment.

Newcastle have endured too many humiliations this season without being required to foster the remnants of Barton’s career. Another club will take him, for a pittance, in the forlorn hope that he will change, but at least Newcastle do not have to suffer this indignity any more.

It may be that Barton remains a Premier League fixture and Newcastle do not but, long-term, Shearer will win.

From Martin Samuel's column

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177729/MARTIN-SAMUEL-What-Hiddink-learn-principles-playground-Pokemon.html?ITO=1490

Shearer restores pride with Joey ban  Decent: Shearer spared his club more shame over Barton

Alan Shearer found Joey Barton out. The player had the opportunity to be a genuine force for good in helping Newcastle United claw out of this hole, and he recklessly rejected it with his tackle on Xabi Alonso. Shearer recognised the lack of care instantly, and nailed Barton, which is why there was such an angry reaction to his criticism.

Still, does anyone remain in doubt that he is the man to manage Newcastle United? There is very little pride on Tyneside these days but Shearer reclaimed a sliver of it with the announcement that Barton had been told to stay away from the club indefinitely.

This has no great impact, as Barton’s red card ensured he would not play any further part in the season, but it may just have been a first tentative step on the path to Newcastle’s recovery.

Shearer desperately needs a win, but ditching Barton showed he at least cares more for the reputation of his club than many predecessors. And Newcastle again stand for something other than boardroom chaos. Shearer gave the player a chance, which was the decent approach, and, when Barton abused it, as he has just about every chance offered, Shearer acted to prevent further embarrassment.

Newcastle have endured too many humiliations this season without being required to foster the remnants of Barton’s career. Another club will take him, for a pittance, in the forlorn hope that he will change, but at least Newcastle do not have to suffer this indignity any more.

It may be that Barton remains a Premier League fixture and Newcastle do not but, long-term, Shearer will win.

yes but really it's media friend shearer against universally hated barton.....and the tabloids still get their copy.

Guest sittingontheball

Does suspending him mean he's not going to serve the automatic 3-match ban for the red card? We've messed up on this one before with Bowyer. Barton will be hard enough to shift as it is.

Does suspending him mean he's not going to serve the automatic 3-match ban for the red card? We've messed up on this one before with Bowyer. Barton will be hard enough to shift as it is.

he has the red card suspensio whatever the club do. the bowyer thing was totally different.

It just means Shearer doesn't want him anywhere near the training ground, no doubt  mumping and grumping about everything and  anything.

Well done Shearer, about fucking time somebody took a hold.

Guest sittingontheball

What I mean is, doesn't he have to be nominally in the squad to serve the ban? The words alone "suspended by the club" suggest that he mightn't be. Are domestic bans automatically served regardless?  Is the Toon playing three matches sufficient for the ban to end?

No one registered Bowyer for the UEFA Cup games, hence his Leeds-era ban wasn't served until the mistake was spotted. Simply not appearing did not equate to serving the ban.

What I mean is, doesn't he have to be nominally in the squad to serve the ban? The words alone "suspended by the club" suggest that he mightn't be. Are domestic bans automatically served regardless?  Is the Toon playing three matches sufficient for the ban to end?

No one registered Bowyer for the UEFA Cup games, hence his Leeds-era ban wasn't served until the mistake was spotted. Simply not appearing did not equate to serving the ban.

no. that type of thing only applies for european games where you have to nominate a squad. league stuff just comes down to being registered.

Guest musika

Lout Barton must leave Newcastle, says apoplectic Alan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177714/Lout-Barton-leave-Newcastle-says-apoplectic-Alan.html

The club are taking legal advice to see if the midfielder, who was suspended indefinitely yesterday, can be sacked after swearing at Shearer in an outburst in the dressing room at Anfield on Sunday.

Barton is alleged to have told Shearer he was ‘s**t’ and called the manager and his assistant Iain Dowie ‘p***ks’. Doing so in front of team-mates and other Newcastle

employees could be regarded as gross misconduct.

Sportsmail can reveal the row is the latest show of dissent from the squad. Indeed, Shearer had already felt compelled to address a group of players over indiscipline with the ultimatum: ‘You are not going to take the p*** out of this football club and you are not going to take the p*** out of this city.’

I have to admit I was a supporter of Barton at the beginning of the season, but he's crossed the line. Alan Shearer is totally vindicated imo.

Lout Barton must leave Newcastle, says apoplectic Alan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1177714/Lout-Barton-leave-Newcastle-says-apoplectic-Alan.html

The club are taking legal advice to see if the midfielder, who was suspended indefinitely yesterday, can be sacked after swearing at Shearer in an outburst in the dressing room at Anfield on Sunday.

Barton is alleged to have told Shearer he was s**t and called the manager and his assistant Iain Dowie p***ks. Doing so in front of team-mates and other Newcastle

employees could be regarded as gross misconduct.

Sportsmail can reveal the row is the latest show of dissent from the squad. Indeed, Shearer had already felt compelled to address a group of players over indiscipline with the ultimatum: You are not going to take the p*** out of this football club and you are not going to take the p*** out of this city.

I have to admit I was a supporter of Barton at the beginning of the season, but he's crossed the line. Alan Shearer is totally vindicated imo.

Barton is now no use to us at all. A complete break in the form of a sacking is best all round.

I've seen the tackle again and it looks indefensible. A typical Scholes or Smith tackle is where they come in from the side, but aren't in the right position to get the ball, and end up taking the opponent's legs instead. That's a booking. Barton was face on to Alonso and jumped in with both feet off the ground. The fact that his foot rolled over the top of the ball before making contact with Alonso's leg is not the important issue. It's still a very dangerous tackle, and the fact that it was unnecessary only makes it clear to the ref that the intention was to hurt the opponent.

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce, the man who signed Joey Barton for Newcastle, could be interested in acquiring him for Rovers after the Magpies began moves to sack the midfielder.

Guest guinness_fiend

What worries me is that Barton is likely entitled to stay at the club until the end of his contract and collect a full pay packet.  It is highly unlikely that a clause in his employment contract classes a disagreement with the manager as constituting gross misconduct, nor will picking up the fourth red card of his career.

The point at which we should have gotten rid is when Barton was convicted of a criminal offence, as his contract would have included a termination clause in such an eventuality (generally a boilerplate clause in employment contracts).  Ashley, however, offered Barton a second chance.  I have to be honest, I applauded Ashley for his actions at the time, however Ashley is yet another person, like the chairmen and managers before him, that has been taken in by Barton's "sorry guv, I'll never do it again - I'll be good" speech. 

That he (allegedly) attempted to dent Shearer's ego may keep him away from the training ground, but we'll have to sell him quick sharp as soon as the transfer window opens, or risk (a) him running out his contract whilst sunning it up in the Dominican Republic; or (b) paying out on the remainder of his contract to get him off the books.

A sorry state of affairs indeed.

"amid the fall-out from his imprisonment for assaulting Ousmane Dabo, one of his Manchester City team-mates at the time, in training."

Total bollocks, Barton was jailed for beating up a kid in Liverpool and the Dabo case didn't get to court until almost the end of his sentence for the original offence.

What do these fucking journos get paid for? Lazy twats!