Joey Barton

JJ7

Guest Mantis

I dont find it funny or tragic.  The whole process of community service is a complete joke and sums up the state of the country.  Never understood why they bother with it as it is no deterrent, I would prefer it if they were made to shovel shit for a month or live in Sunderland.

Guest Brewcastle

And what did the P*** learn from it?

Tragic for him, but The club first, get rid. (No pity. He's not broke after the stay in Toon in guess.).

Guest neesy111

I dont find it funny or tragic.  The whole process of community service is a complete joke and sums up the state of the country.  Never understood why they bother with it as it is no deterrent, I would prefer it if they were made to shovel shit for a month or live in Sunderland.

i had this idea of criminals doing the stuff we hate to do

i.e. they should pick all  the rubish from landfills and sort it out themselves SO WE DON'T HAVE TO USE THIS SHITTY RECYCLE bin thingy, that might act as a detterant

but seriously they should all be made to do hard labour or something

JOEY BARTON has been handed a shock stay of execution by boss Alan Shearer.

Angry Shearer was set to kick bad-boy Barton, currently serving a 200-hour community service order, out of Newcastle after their bust-up at Liverpool three weeks ago.

But following a two-hour meeting with Toon officials yesterday, the midfielder was told he DOES have a future on Tyneside after all.

Barton said: “The meeting went fine. I can’t say too much.”

Calls from Newcastle to terminate his contract will be ignored and Barton indicated he wants to be part of Shearer’s revolution next season.

Shearer was fuming with Barton, 26, for a reckless red-card challenge on Xabi Alonso. The pair had a heated dressing-room slanging match. Barton was fined three weeks wages — £192,000 — and given a final warning by the club.

He looked to be heading for the exit door but following his meeting with chairman Derek Llambias and secretary Lee Charnley, a source close to the player added: “The Newcastle people are fair people and gave Joey a good hearing. He has said sorry and he likes the club.”

PFA chief Gordon Taylor  confirmed: “There has been a meeting and the club has taken disciplinary action.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2432276.ece

Hmmmmmm.... Not sure what to think really. 

Throughout all of the shite, I oddly find myself still hoping Barton has a future here and does the business for us.

As much of a psychopath he appears to be, I find myself having some sort of affection for him and he's actually one of the very few players in our squad I could say that about. In the immediate aftermath of his misdemenours I would have walked him out of Newcastle myself, but as that subsides with time the fact that he's a very decent player and seems to have some sense between his ears when he's not blinded by the red mist makes me want the best for him/us.

Strange.

Throughout all of the shite, I oddly find myself still hoping Barton has a future here and does the business for us.

As much of a psychopath he appears to be, I find myself having some sort of affection for him and he's actually one of the very few players in our squad I could say that about. In the immediate aftermath of his misdemenours I would have walked him out of Newcastle myself, but as that subsides with time the fact that he's a very decent player and seems to have some sense between his ears when he's not blinded by the red mist makes me want the best for him/us.

Strange.

I did before the Liverpool game, and even though I'm still not convinced it was a red I don't think I feel like that about him anymore. I think I want him to fuck off now, but I'm not sure.

Guest The Libertine

one of the worst signings we've ever made. i'll be very disappointed in shearer if barton is here next season.

Strange.

I did before the Liverpool game, and even though I'm still not convinced it was a red I don't think I feel like that about him anymore. I think I want him to fuck off now, but I'm not sure.

I've been a defendant of him for a long time, though now I wouldn't be arsed if we sent him away. Though, I wouldn't be arsed if we didn't either. I'm just apathetic concerning him now.

Same old story with Barton, if he can keep the passion & lose the temper he'll be very useful. Thats where the hope comes from.

Its the same temperament rooney has, except Rooneys lucky enough to be on the winning side near every game so we dont have to see it. The few where they draw even nowadays you arent suprised if he has a swing & very few say anything beyond "oh he needs to sort that out, but the passion is what makes him class".

Problem with barton is that his temper doesnt only apply to when hes being competitive like rooney. Als probably his last chance of sorting himself, if he cant do it with time under al...hopefully a new season in the prem..then get rid.

I am not sure we can give him another chance. Do we really want to go through all this again. Look at the shit over the Nasri thing and he didn't do anything but win a tough tackle fairly. If he so much as looks at someone wrong he will draw bad media attention. We waited a long time for Bowyer to come good and it never happen, I think we should just leave it now, its dissapointing because by far he is our best midfielder.

Strange.

Agree.

Strange.

I've been a defendant of him for a long time, though now I wouldn't be arsed if we sent him away. Though, I wouldn't be arsed if we didn't either. I'm just apathetic concerning him now.

Apt word.

I don't think NUFC could have taken any other action yesterday because any other action would have diverted the attention of everyone at the club away from the much more important business of beating Fulham today.

I sincerely hope and believe that Barton has played his last game for us, but now is not the time to be focusing on Barton, that can wait until the close season.

Strange.

I don't like him at all, he's a complete tosser as a person, but he is a decent footballer. Shearer is right to give him a final chance. People will say he's had enough chances but at least it will have sunk into Barton's dense skull that Shearer isn't someone he can mess with. I doubt he'll ever try it on with Big Al again, and if he does he'll be out the door with a large no 9 boot up his backside.

I'm not sure about this.

Dont like all the bad press he brings to the club, the anger problems on and off pitch.

However, he is a good footballer, when fit and not trying to injure other players.

Maybe the lawyers cant see a way to get him out so they figure they bring him back into the fold to either use the asset they're going to be paying week in, week out, or just make him a more saleable  commodity.

Perhaps it would be best for all he went elsewhere.

I am not sure we can give him another chance. Do we really want to go through all this again. Look at the shit over the Nasri thing and he didn't do anything but win a tough tackle fairly. If he so much as looks at someone wrong he will draw bad media attention. We waited a long time for Bowyer to come good and it never happen, I think we should just leave it now, its dissapointing because by far he is our best midfielder.

This is my worry for Barton more than his off the field behaviour.  He is seen by referees as being as nasty player so a foul that might earn anyone else a talking to gets him a yellow card, anything harder becomes a straight red.

This isn't all Barton's fault, but we cannot afford to have a player in midfield who can't tackle in case the referee sends him off because of who he is.

Guest toonlass

Part of me wonders if we should give him another chance. How many chances can u give someone before saying enough is enough?

He is looked at differently because he is Joey Barton. Every tackle he makes, every thing he says has to be spot on, or the refs and the media, especially the media, come down on him like a ton of bricks.

He has a good footballing brain, and would be useful to us in midfield. But only if he can curb his temper.

I think that he should be sold in the summer, because I don't see him changing. He's either suspended or injured and rarely plays enough games in a row to gain momentum.

There are better options out there I'm sure.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Part of me wonders if we should give him another chance. How many chances can u give someone before saying enough is enough?

He is looked at differently because he is Joey Barton. Every tackle he makes, every thing he says has to be spot on, or the refs and the media, especially the media, come down on him like a ton of bricks.

He has a good footballing brain, and would be useful to us in midfield. But only if he can curb his temper.

Yeah and he obviously fucking can't so get rid.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Can't believe the fucking idiots saying, "hhmmmm oh I don't know, maybe he will change" "I'm sure he's nice when he's not being an absolute cunt constantly," etc.

For fuck's sake man your like a battered wife.

Get rid, ASAP, there are so many reasons for him to go that outweight any squad imbalance or weakness in centre mid; he's a fucking liability and a black mark on the name of the club.