Newcastle United vs. Portsmouth-Monday 27th April 8pm *Setanta 1* Pre-match

joeyt

Guest Heneage

why are so many people being so pesimistic?  we need everyone to believe and be behind the team tomorrow night. if we lose then everyone can be all down and miserable after but until then

BELIEVE PEOPLE BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!  :angel:

:nods:

If we lose hope we might as well give up on football altogether.

I just want it over with tbh. If we're going down we're going down, it'll be a disaster but I just want to know so we can get on with it.

Didn't you say we were down a few weeks back? :lol:

its only portsmouth aswell. not like were playing one of the top 4. plus weve smashed them 3:0 in their own backyard with the same squad bar n'zogbiaand given so no reason we cnt do it at home.

Who is fit and unfit? Is everyone available?

Everyone except Barton and S. Taylor as far as I'm aware.

enrique ?

Latest Shearer interview had Enrique joining full-training on Saturday with strong chance of him being fit for selection.

I cant see us losing this, but then again it doesn't mean we'll win. Pompey are a good side under Hart and it'll be a tough but with home advantage and just the overall importance of this game I think we'll sneak the win.......

enrique ?

Latest Shearer interview had Enrique joining full-training on Saturday with strong chance of him being fit for selection.

Is Lovenkrands fit and available? Heard nowt about him recently, but with Martins only semi-fit he could be crucial.

Anyone else reckon that this is the biggest game the clubs ever had since Portsmouth at home in 89 (or was it 90?)?

Anything other than a win will see us surrender our PL status, imo.

It's not quite as do or die technically in that there are still points in other matches available. In reality though, it's every bit as crucial, because we won't get the points from those other matches. Portsmouth aren't mugs and to get a win from this game means getting every decision right from selecting the starting 11 to the subs.

typical its at 8pm, just so we can get our blood pressure nice and high by the evening and think about it all day...

I want it out of the way, I'm terrified for us. We're down if we lose this, in my opinion.

enrique ?

Is Lovenkrands fit and available? Heard nowt about him recently, but with Martins only semi-fit he could be crucial.

Been back in full training all week, so I would assume so.

Guest firetotheworks

It's gunna be more painful than it needs to be for me. I finish work and it takes 30 minutes to get home. I might just stay at work and sit in the dark watching it.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Newcastle---in-.5207289.jp

That could depend largely on what he gets from Owen, Mark Viduka and Obafemi Martins in front of goal over the next few weeks, and the temptation to follow Keegan's example and employ all three at once is an attractive one.

Owen said: "It remains to be seen what the manager does, but the results are there for all to see. At the end of last year when we reverted to that, we went on a great run, pulled away from the relegation zone and ended up quite comfortable at the end of the season.

"The results are there for all to see. We played some of our best football when Kevin Keegan changed to that formation."

He's been banging that drum for ages now. I expect we'll see the 4-3-3 for the rest of the season, fitness permitting.