Newcastle United 0 - 0 Portsmouth - 27/04/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

I think Owen cares, anyone who thinks he doesnt give a fuck right now is kidding themselves. Yes in the long term he doesnt care about Newcastle as why should he? However while he is here, regardless of his contract coming to an end, I do believe he cares about this club getting results, more so now that his mate is managing us. The problem is he isnt good enough anymore, people still rate him like he is the Owen of yesterday and when he misses chances or goes missing during games it is a question of his commitment instead of his ability.

;D

Guest Albert Square

I think Owen cares, anyone who thinks he doesnt give a fuck right now is kidding themselves. Yes in the long term he doesnt care about Newcastle as why should he? However while he is here, regardless of his contract coming to an end, I do believe he cares about this club getting results, more so now that his mate is managing us. The problem is he isnt good enough anymore, people still rate him like he is the Owen of yesterday and when he misses chances or goes missing during games it is a question of his commitment instead of his ability.

;D

Did you ignore the rest of the post where I elaborated on that point?

Kevin f***ing Keegan is one of the major contributors to this sorry pile of s***...stop now with this keegan is god and blameless s**** please the man is a f***ing spineless cretin who spits his dummy out if he cant get his own way...if he was one of our kids you would smack his arse and send the little s*** to bed for his behaviour...THE MAN IS A c***

:lol:

Okay that has cheered me up a little.

Ahh right so it wasn't Keegan that kept us up when Fat Sam had us in the s*** and gave us a half decent start this season.

Go support Chelsea next season which i'm sure you probably will. Pathetic

If Keegan had stayed with us, we would not be in the trouble we are now.

Exactly, everyone is responsible for this, most of all Messrs Keegan and Ashley

Mostly Ashley, but also Keegan.

This is awful isn't it, the 'realisation' of our worst nightmare.

We all lash out to blame someone and to blame eachother for holding different views.

It is an awful situation we are now in.

Finally, I worry, and wonder, and worry . .  HOW/WHY Ashley has let this happen  -  because he HAS let this happen.  It is a mystery.

If only Keegan was backed I don't think we'd be anywhere near the bottom 3.

Indeed.  If only he had that spine.

As if spine is what it takes to work under these cretins. You hardly even need a heart.

I'd argue the complete opposite. If anything you need a lot of heart.

What about people who have not that much heart after all and a spine that is ridiculously straight but pointing in the wrong direction?

I'm still staying quietly confident we can stay up.

I've constantly based my predictions on us staying up by getting 7 points from our home matches, against Boro and Fulham we should be able to create more chances as they aren't going to put 11 men behind the ball, we can still do this.

;D

Did you ignore the rest of the post where I elaborated on that point?

I did read your post and it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't care, he doesn't close down, doesn't make runs. Combine that with the shit player he has become and you have someone who isn't worth of being on the bench. Yet Lawrenson and the rest of the mong pundits seem to thinks he "needs a couple of games to get that sharpness back" or "He isn't getting the service". Just Fuck Off!! (Owen)

I don't know about all this talk of a gutless performance. For me there was a lot of effort, I thought the players tried as best they could right to the end. But what really makes the difference in games like that are quality and confidence - and we have neither right now, especially going forward. 

I agree in what yr saying but the fitness level of the players must surely be below the average PL average?

I've constantly based my predictions on us staying up by getting 7 points from our home matches, against Boro and Fulham we should be able to create more chances as they aren't going to put 11 men behind the ball, we can still do this.

A pint of what he's been drinking please barman.

So was Owen's miss the moment we went down (Not blaming Owen for going down just pinpointing the moment)?

Or was that Pompey Greasy Haired tit hitting the post the moment that keeps us up??

Fuck it, I'm sticking to my Mexico trip and am going to fuck a pig to end it all

People are forgetting Viduka missed as good a chance at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Guest firetotheworks

I admire your optimism, and I agree with you to an extent. I predicted 7 points (wins against pompey and boro and a draw against fulham). Boro cannot be a draw, it surely cannot. Fulham though, are a fucking good team, and if we play like we did today they'll kill us, and our season.

They were right in summing up the game on Setanta for once.

Too many players seem desperate to avoid being the one who loses the ball so they look for the safe, easy pass at almost every opportunity, like playing pass the parcel with a live hand grenade no one wants to be the one caught holding on too long.

The midfield sits far too deep, they rarely look for the risky through ball, they don't want the ball at their feet.

Fuck em.

Drop them & play younger, hungrier players who want the ball so they can show off what they can do.  Shearer could drop Duff, Butt, Shola, Nolan, Ryan Taylor & Geremi for the rest of the season & we'd probably not notice their absence.  Use the others like Guthrie, Smith & Barton who haven't been affected by the general malaise with a sprinkling of youth and we'd probably see a real impact.

Of course not, but how the hell could he predict Ashley and Llambias would solve their problems by getting Joe Fucking Kinnear as an interim manager, then sell Shay Given and N'Zomnia and sign Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor? They couldn't possibly have handled this any worse if they tried.

It's all their fault.

Too many players seem desperate to avoid being the one who loses the ball so they look for the safe, easy pass at almost every opportunity, like playing pass the parcel with a live hand grenade no one wants to be the one caught holding on too long.

The midfield sits far too deep, they rarely look for the risky through ball, they don't want the ball at their feet.

Fuck em.

Drop them & play younger, hungrier players who want the ball so they can show off what they can do.  Shearer could drop Duff, Butt, Shola, Nolan, Ryan Taylor & Geremi for the rest of the season & we'd probably not notice their absence.  Use the others like Guthrie, Smith & Barton who haven't been affected by the general malaise with a sprinkling of youth and we'd probably see a real impact.

Totally disagree,it was the aimless long Hollywood style passes that irritated me.Both centre halfs,Guthrie and for a change,to a lesser extent Butt did it regularly tonight.

Pompey played the most negative, disgraceful football I have seen as well. If  that header went in it woulda been so harsh.

On the contrary, they played a clever game, used the space well and if it wasn't for profligate finishing would have left with all three points. Shows how awful we are in defence when Hermann Hereidessen was marauding down the wing.

Pompey played the most negative, disgraceful football I have seen as well. If  that header went in it woulda been so harsh.

Thought they were shocking. How they're that far ahead of us is a mystery. Thought the turning point of the game though was Viduka going off losing our focal point, and them sending on Pennant to run at Duff.

Of course not, but how the hell could he predict Ashley and Llambias would solve their problems by getting Joe f***ing Kinnear as an interim manager, then sell Shay Given and N'Zomnia and sign Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor? They couldn't possibly have handled this any worse if they tried.

It's all their fault.

Yes, you are correct.

But - none of the others you mention (Ashley, Lambias, Kinnear) love the club the way we do (or even care about it at all) - but Keegan is supposed to . . . isn't he?

. . . and he left.

f*** em.

I was thinking this too. Maybe Barton might have a different attitude. But tbh, if anyone thinks that Joey fucking Barton will save our season then, well.....thats just laughable, isn't it?

The Boro game is far from certain. They caused Arsenal a fair few problems, looked pretty good going forward. In fact, I'd say they did far better than our lot would have done against a top Arsenal side.

Really, badly need Viduka, Jonas, Martins and Guthrie to improve their fitness. Massive blow to lose Enrique, in hindsight he shouldn't have been rushed back, but Shearer probably knew the risk and the gamble was needed for today's game.

Guest Albert Square

Another fucking useless appointment.

Don't think Joe 'useless bastard' Kinnear could have done worse than Mr Shearer.

Rot had already set in tbh