Newcastle United 0 - 0 Portsmouth - 27/04/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Guest daveaha

Hey, cheer up

Hull and Boro wont get ower 37.  Wins against Boro and Fulham and 6 more points will be enough. Maybe less tbh

You sure ?  One shock win for them and we're doomed.

And as post above, how are we going to win against Fulham ?

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

You don't win matches if you don't score goals and you don't score goals unless you get the ball into the box or have shots. We failed on every score. Fucking useless, gutless cowards.

I know a few are busy sniping at each other at the moment, but can those who are not tell me who came on for Enrique?? I must have totally missed it!!

Guthrie came on...duff slotted back into Enriques position. Looked a good sub tbh

Just a word for the Butt haters - the last 20 minutes were a complete waste of time because we couldn't get the ball - guess why?

Because Butt is useless even as a free space for the opposition players to run across. :angry:

I hate to admit it, but we actually needed Butt. Alan Smith for all his "hard-tackling" and neat passing (no sarcasm there) has no sense of positioning as a DM.

Smith was our best fucking player

:lol: I'll have whatever you're smoking.

I wouldnt disagree tbh.

Just a word for the Butt haters - the last 20 minutes were a complete waste of time because we couldn't get the ball - guess why?

Because Butt is useless even as a free space for the opposition players to run across. :angry:

I hate to admit it, but we actually needed Butt. Alan Smith for all his "hard-tackling" and neat passing (no sarcasm there) has no sense of positioning as a DM.

Smith was our best fucking player

:lol: I'll have whatever you're smoking.

I wouldnt disagree tbh.

Smith played well for his standards, but if you thought he was actually effective in his role you're stoned.

After watching that fucking shower of shite on what was supposed to be our hardest fought game of the season I already in my mind have us down.

How many transfer windows did we have to endure watching hard grafting midfielders come in with no quality playmakers? Ashley has no fucking clue has how to run a club.

Best we can hope for is he sells up to someone with proper ambition and somehow Shearer stays on, although I doubt it!

Every player at that club should hang their head in shame as when it boils down to it they are paid a small fucking fortune to do something they love and what respect do they show us?  None!

If only Keegan was backed I don't think we'd be anywhere near the bottom 3.

If anything Fulham are going to be even harder to break down, really can't see us getting points from anyone but Boro.  Guess Ashley will probably be forced to sell if we go down, bet he wishes he'd snapped some hands off just before he took us off the market.

Fulham won't defend as deep because they're in UEFA Cup contention and Boro will need to score or else they're down as well.

Before the match, I had us surviving on 37 points but I had us winning against Pompey and drawing against Fulham. We can still do this, but I really think that we need something from Anfield or Villa Park now.

fulham are very organised and disciplined, they'll sit back and frustrate and hope they score a few as they grind us down. pompey was definitely a much easier match. Boro will be forced to come out and attack though, but in recent years we've struggled to beat them (drawn at home against them for the previous 3 seasons) so i would doubt our chances against them too.

i think we were counting on the momentum and confidence of winning this one to take into the next games. hopefully hull get beat off villa next game and we can pick up a miraculous point at anfield... :dave:

Smith was our best f***ing player

in the first half, crack wore off in the 2nd

Hey, cheer up

Hull and Boro wont get ower 37.  Wins against Boro and Fulham and 6 more points will be enough. Maybe less tbh

Given we couldn't beat Portsmouth (14th) what are our chances of beating Fulham (7th)?

I see us at best getting another 4 points, maybe 3.

I think we're royally fucked... its now just a question of whether we're pregnant or not!

Guest firetotheworks

This might seem harsh, I normally rate the players, but they all get a 0 because we didnt win. It's as simple as that.

If anything Fulham are going to be even harder to break down, really can't see us getting points from anyone but Boro.  Guess Ashley will probably be forced to sell if we go down, bet he wishes he'd snapped some hands off just before he took us off the market.

Fulham won't defend as deep because they're in UEFA Cup contention and Boro will need to score or else they're down as well.

Before the match, I had us surviving on 37 points but I had us winning against Pompey and drawing against Fulham. We can still do this, but I really think that we need something from Anfield or Villa Park now.

fulham are very organised and disciplined, they'll sit back and frustrate and hope they score a few as they grind us down. pompey was definitely a much easier match. Boro will be forced to come out and attack though, but in recent years we've struggled to beat them (drawn at home against them for the previous 3 seasons) so i would doubt our chances against them too.

I know, dude. I just need to paint a rosy-ish picture of things because this is hard to take.

I know a few are busy sniping at each other at the moment, but can those who are not tell me who came on for Enrique?? I must have totally missed it!!

Guthrie came on...duff slotted back into Enriques position. Looked a good sub tbh

I didn't tbh...my one criticism of the new regime is whenever,he makes a substitution,he doesnt change one for one but alters the whole balance of the team..i,personally would have slotted Edgar in there,and kept Duff further up the pitch,where he was causing Pompey problems.

I just feel numb, my neighbours are lucky that I have a sleeping baby upstairs, I actually found hair on the floor from me pulling it out. So many poor decisions by our players. Why didn't Owen leather that chance put your foot through it man.

Well, we showed some character for the first 5 minutes of the game, then the remarkably unfit so-called-Newcastle-players were out of breath. I don´t even think we  would be top 4 in the Championship with this lot :(

Gutted.

I didn't tbh...my one criticism of the new regime is whenever,he makes a substitution,he doesnt change one for one but alters the whole balance of the team..i,personally would have slotted Edgar in there,and kept Duff further up the pitch,where he was causing Pompey problems.

Duff caused more problems when he ran in from fullback, imo. In hindsight, I'd have preferred Jonas to come on then and there.

I feel kind of numb right now. I'm dreading the next few games, where do we go from here ? I felt sure the players would respond to Shearer when he came in but it's clear that they are just beyond help. They are a sorry bunch who don't deserve to be playing in the Premiership, unfortunately the main culprits probably will next season as their reputations will buy them a move to top flight club. The only people that will be hurt by this are the fans and they despite what that lunatic above posted don't deserve it.

Sums it up for me. We've looked awful all season, this team is going to get relegated because they are worse than the other teams in the division. Portsmouth controlled the game for most of the second half and Shearer has run out of time to make any more changes in time to save us.

Indeed.  If only he had that spine.

Think you know the real villain and it's not Keegan.

I would have done the same thing as him,  Ashley's a first rate cunt and is the only person to blame in all of this.

Indeed.  If only he had that spine.

Think you know the real villain and it's not Keegan.

I would have done the same thing as him,  Ashley's a first rate cunt and is the only person to blame in all of this.

As if I wasn't feeling pissed off enough. "Keegan" just reading it makes me want to throw up.