Newcastle United 0 - 0 Portsmouth - 27/04/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Pompey played the most negative, disgraceful football I have seen as well. If  that header went in it woulda been so harsh.

I thought they played ok. I saw them passing the ball quite well against Man U and at the time I thought I wish we could keep the ball like that. It's not their fault we're paying good money to shit players.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought Portsmouth looked infinitely better than us with the ball. There were times that their players were merely running around the outside of our players in some sort of weird octagonal running style, and they were playing quick sharp passing, not always successfully, but their players were in the right place. Our midfield is effectively extinct.

Pompey played the most negative, disgraceful football I have seen as well. If  that header went in it woulda been so harsh.

Thought they were shocking. How they're that far ahead of us is a mystery. Thought the turning point of the game though was Viduka going off losing our focal point, and them sending on Pennant to run at Duff.

Felt Duff was totally isolated against Pennant and Johnson,unfair to play him there without any cover in front of him.

If Portsmouth were a team with any real ambition, or had a manager with any sort of tactical nouse, they could've beaten us in the last 15 mins.

Yeah, but if we were a bit luckier in front of goal we could have beaten them in the first 30.

So was Owen's miss the moment we went down (Not blaming Owen for going down just pinpointing the moment)?

Or was that Pompey Greasy Haired tit hitting the post the moment that keeps us up??

Fuck it, I'm sticking to my Mexico trip and am going to fuck a pig to end it all

People are forgetting Viduka missed as good a chance at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Was a bad miss, but Owen's chance was far easier.

If Portsmouth were a team with any real ambition, or had a manager with any sort of tactical nouse, they could've beaten us in the last 15 mins.

Yeah, but if we were a bit luckier in front of goal we could have beaten them in the first 30.

Too true.

Guest Albert Square

So was Owen's miss the moment we went down (Not blaming Owen for going down just pinpointing the moment)?

Or was that Pompey Greasy Haired tit hitting the post the moment that keeps us up??

Fuck it, I'm sticking to my Mexico trip and am going to fuck a pig to end it all

People are forgetting Viduka missed as good a chance at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Was a bad miss, but Owen's chance was far easier.

If he had of left it for Oba, the outlook would be so much better right now.

Guest Bolton Zulu

Anyway, enough of your angst about tonight's result. Let's discuss the really important topic concerning tonight's game.

What the fuck was that Top Chanter all about? What a tosser!

Toe-curlingly embarrassing for you lot surely?  :yikes:

Anyway, enough of your angst about tonight's result. Let's discuss the really important topic concerning tonight's game.

What the f*** was that Top Chanter all about? What a tosser!

Reminded me of bolton actually. I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooooooooooooooooooood

I thought he was good until he started that "there's only one Alan Shearer" bollox

Guest Bolton Zulu

Reminded me of bolton actually. I feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Bad, I'll grant you - but that fat bloke's far worse.

No he is fuucking not!

edit- and dont you have that fat cunt waddling up and down the touchline with a flag as well?!! C'mon, man....get real

Yes, you are correct.

But - none of the others you mention (Ashley, Lambias, Kinnear) love the club the way we do (or even care about it at all) - but Keegan is supposed to . . . isn't he?

. . . and he left.

Of course he did. He signed on as a manager and found out he wasn't allowed to manage. Not only didn't he get the players he wanted, he didn't get players in the positions he said he needed. He was a coach. His job was to train and motivate a random bunch of players and spread some false hope to make sure fans were lured into buying season tickets. Why the fuck should he want to be a part of that?

Ugh.

Far from being a world class finisher, when it comes to 1-on-1 with the goalkeeper, there aren't many worse strikers in the league than Owen these days (though Crouch staked a claim). He doesn't even go for the corners, just wafts it pitifully at the goalkeeper and hopes they'll somehow fuck it up. Wish Martins had taken the ball off his toes, at least he'd put his foot through the fucker.

Yes, you are correct.

But - none of the others you mention (Ashley, Lambias, Kinnear) love the club the way we do (or even care about it at all) - but Keegan is supposed to . . . isn't he?

. . . and he left.

Of course he did. He signed on as a manager and found out he wasn't allowed to manage. Not only didn't he get the players he wanted, he didn't get players in the positions he said he needed. He was a coach. His job was to train and motivate a random bunch of players and spread some false hope to make sure fans were lured into buying season tickets. Why the f*** should he want to be a part of that?

I wouldn't have left, I would have (as I have done at work) FAUGHT the ba*st*rds from the inside, till I dropped.

Would you have just left?

Bearing in mind you are supposed to love the club (like Keegan said he did).  Would you have left?

I wouldn't.

Ugh.

Far from being a world class finisher, when it comes to 1-on-1 with the goalkeeper, there aren't many worse strikers in the league than Owen these days (though Crouch staked a claim). He doesn't even go for the corners, just wafts it pitifully at the goalkeeper and hopes they'll somehow f*** it up. Wish Martins had taken the ball off his toes, at least he'd put his foot through the fucker.

Owen also got in Andy Carrol's way for a header.

Guest Bolton Zulu

No he is fuucking not!

edit- and dont you have that fat c*** waddling up and down the touchline with a flag as well?!! C'mon, man....get real

Aye and he'll be waddling up and down the line in the PL next season too. Which is more than can be said for the Top Chanter.