Fergie's possible team v Hull

Tisd09

Elsewhere, Hull fans are probably complaining that they have to play against a Man U bench players who will be desperate to secure a place in the CL finals squad while we get to go against a demoralized Villa squad with absolutely nothing to play for.

I think we have to go into the game with the assumtion that Hull will get a draw, and so we have to win. That way when they lose and we stay up with a draw, we'll feel lucky for the first time in a thousand years. :pow:

Reckon they'll beat Hull, or get a draw at the very least. That midfield is pretty decent, and the strikeforce isn't too bad either based on a few glimpses (and some very good goals).

Even if they lose, it's difficult to see us getting a draw, or even three points, against a Villa team that will want to finish 5th.

Why would they care so much about finishing 5th?  Also this lot couldn't beat Boro remember and actually looked like losing to them for most of the game.

Purely about pride imo. A few months ago they were in with a shout of CL qualification, yet after a slump in form they're about to finish 6th behind Everton, a team that were never in contention for fourth spot. Finishing fifth, above Everton who are playing Fulham away, will merely be a psychological consolation of sorts - "we missed out on fourth spot, but lets at least finish 5th".

Doubt it will be able to spur them on in the same way our side will be.

We'll defo get chances to score against them, its certain. We have to finish those chances, no excuses.

I find it hilarious that some think it is a disgrace if they put out a youth/resererve side?  Why in the world shouldn't they?  Its our own fault we are in this mess, we shouldn't be looking for any team to do us any favours and they certainly don't owe us any favours - we wouldn't if the roles were reversed.

Christ - they have a European Cup Final 3 days later, if I was Ferguson, not a single one of the players I had in mind for my starting 11 and bench would be sniffing a minute of play on Sunday.

When asked about his game against hull:

Sir Alex Ferguson: "Obviously, I have to assess what is best for Manchester United and be fair to other clubs too."

Makes it sound like he wouldnt just play his youth team, if he does hes a cock.

I find it hilarious that some think it is a disgrace if they put out a youth/resererve side?  Why in the world shouldn't they?  Its our own fault we are in this mess, we shouldn't be looking for any team to do us any favours and they certainly don't owe us any favours - we wouldn't if the roles were reversed.

Christ - they have a European Cup Final 3 days later, if I was Ferguson, not a single one of the players I had in mind for my starting 11 and bench would be sniffing a minute of play on Sunday.

Spot on.

Spot on.

what i find is disgraceful is the hypocracy of the man who whined and whinged about others not doing their utmost to help his team is now probably going to do exactly that to others.

man utd....."we can do this, you can't" (think this situation,tapping up players etc)

Spot on.

what i find is disgraceful is the hypocracy of the man who whined and whinged about others not doing their utmost to help his team is now probably going to do exactly that to others.

man utd....."we can do this, you can't" (think this situation,tapping up players etc)

Oh course, but then as long as the authorities allow him to keep pulling the strings he'll carry on doing it.

Actually that raises an interesting point Mowen; I thought all the medals were given out on Saturday? Not sure what the situation is re: anyone who's on 9, going into the match against Hull.

As madras said the hypocrisy of Ferguson is the real irritant here - he can play whatever team he wants but to see him moaning in years gone by just proves what a hypocritical git he can be - as is the case with quite a few people in quite a few situations; Tottenham complaining about Berbatov/Keane sagas, when they essentially stole Ramos, being an example.

Actually that raises an interesting point Mowen; I thought all the medals were given out on Saturday? Not sure what the situation is re: anyone who's on 9, going into the match against Hull.

As madras said the hypocrisy of Ferguson is the real irritant here - he can play whatever team he wants but to see him moaning in years gone by just proves what a hypocritical git he can be - as is the case with quite a few people in quite a few situations; Tottenham complaining about Berbatov/Keane sagas, when they essentially stole Ramos, being an example.

And then going on to spend January tapping up pretty much every player Harry had heard of in the premiership.

This is why we could really do with Portsmouth winning tonight. Chelsea look like they are still playing going by the win over Blackburn. Chelsea have an outside chance of getting second place. Man U can do what they want and no one can blame them. Portsmouth winning would give us an extra chance. We would still need to preferably beat Aston villa though. It's a pity they lost 5th place to Everton. They may be more up for the fight now.

I'm sure Fergie doesn't want to risk Ronaldo, but after his tantrum the other day I imagine he won't be too pleased about the prospect of not setting foot on the pitch and Anelka taking the golden boot as a result.

I'm sure Fergie doesn't want to risk Ronaldo, but after his tantrum the other day I imagine he won't be too pleased about the prospect of not setting foot on the pitch and Anelka taking the golden boot as a result.

I imagine Ronaldo is more interested in making sure he is fit to play in the Champion's League final than winning the golden boot (as nice as that would be for him).

Guest Stephen927

If Fergie does decide to put out a team of kids like Eckersley + a couple of the more experienced lads like Ferdinand then I'd be gutted, but if NUFC had just won the league with a game to spare then I'd want us to play the likes of Lua Lua, Tozer, Ranger etc.

Can see why Ferguson would do it, but I can't see it happening. I think he has more respect for Newcastle United than some would think.

Guest Phil K

See Fergie's already got the kit ready for the Hull game....http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/PhilK001/regular_manutdredbodysuit.jpg