We're down. The relegation thread.

Dave

Well, I suppose it's a good thing that I'm enlisting in the Air Force this september. Hopefully we'll be well on our way back up by the time I'm out of basic training.

:clap2:

...that was an utter fail attempt at trying to be positive.

Foreign fans, you can buy radio coverage for approx £35 a season, that'll be the best way of following us next season.

Norway gets two or three Championship matches a week on the telly, I'd expect us to be on quite a lot.

Best f***ing thing imo i don't give a s*** if we're in the championship for one year, because next year may have been even f***ing worse because we might have kept half the same team. Honestly getting rid of some of the s*** like Butt and Owen and Duff and Harper is what i've wanted for more than a season. All we have to do now is rebuild the right way and we'll be fine.

What makes you think we'll rebuild? We might be consigned to the lower leagues from now. See Charlton, Norwich, Southampton, Leeds etc etc.

Those clubs we're broke, had relatively no appeal to anyone and are a totally different breed to us, you could perhaps take Leeds into account but they were bankrupt. Now i might just be in a shit load of shock that i really haven't taken it or i really just think that football is a game and i have more to live for. The reason we've gone down went back to 5 years ago we've pissed about and we've bought some real shite, to see the back of Butt etc makes me smile tbh obviously there'll be some real losses like Martins but for the first time this season i have felt fully optimistic that things will be better. And i don't give 2 hoots about whether we've previously not gone straight back up that was 1989 this is 2009.

Guest TrEe

Fucking hell this is fucked up?! But it's hard for me to show any kind of emotions after watching the game! Did Owen even touch the ball? The players didn't give a toss if we were relegated or not. Looked as though they were thinking about their vecation tonight!!!

A Disgrace to NUFC!!!

Michael Owen still has a contract for a month or two doesn't he?

Well if I was in charge, he's not going to be spending it on holiday. He's going to be at the training ground 7am-11pm absolutely destroying his own body.

Guest stan

i still cannot believe that we are down...

it is 1 o'clock AM in China,but i fail to get to sleep.i just wonder how all of these things happen.

Ashley, i don't want to insult you any more,because it does not mean anything now:weep:

all i want to say is i am very proud to be a toon fan.

we will be back.我们会回来的。

Gutted.  Absolutely devastated.  I am sitting in a room full of people that don't follow the sport much less comprehend relegation.  I just wish I had someone around who understood.

Michael Owen still has a contract for a month or two doesn't he?

Well if I was in charge, he's not going to be spending it on holiday. He's going to be at the training ground 7am-11pm absolutely destroying his own body.

and when he refuses we can do what, sack him?

mind you that did make me laugh.

Guest Stephen927

It's been coming along time, I've been blinkered to it, just couldn't see it happening. Now it's happened, I'm immediately looking forward to what will happen in the summer, whether we'll win promotion at the first time of asking, it's all up in the air I can't give an answer with any kind of confidence.

What makes it worse, is Phil Brown and Hull City will be in the Premiership next season and we won't be.

I live in America, I don't even get sky sports. Oh god, this is such a bad feeling.

Get Setanta, they often show the Friday night games and sometimes show the Saturday noontime games

Thanks a lot, mate, I'll check it out. As long as I can see a NUFC game every now and then I'll be okay.

i feel worst for the overseas fans, they're well and truly fucked now. i imagine our global fan base will shrink by a sizeable amount, maybe by a third, and it'll take some over-achievement akin to the Robson years to ever recover our global standing. you did a great job cutting costs mike, also managed to slash our income too, nice one.

I blame the players more than anyone else (though Ashley, Llambias, etc. deserve a lot of blame).

I cannot believe that so called professional footballers, some of whom have one Premiership medals, Champions League medals, played at the World Cup, have been so poor.  The inability to pass a football, move into space, time tackles or keep possession baffles me.  These are the absolute basic things that kids of 6 or 7 learn.  Does playing for your nation suddenly mean you don't have to do these things any more?  Is it the money?  Do the players think why do I care, I earn £60,000 per week, I can pay someone else to pass the ball for me?

Lazy, arrogant, talentless cretins the lot of them.

i feel worst for the overseas fans, they're well and truly fucked now. i imagine our global fan base will shrink by a sizeable amount, maybe by a third, and it'll take some over-achievement akin to the Robson years to ever recover our global standing. you did a great job cutting costs mike, also managed to slash our income too, nice one.

Personally, I think the ones who would have fucked off had already fucked off long ago.