Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Williamson is really average, can't wait to see him on the bench.

Unfair. He's looked very comfortable in this division, which I didn't really predict.

Williamson is no frills. He fits in well amongst other good defenders and a well drilled defensive unit. However I'm yet to be convinced that he could perform the role of a leading defender. In that sense he is a lot like one of those British defenders Robson had in our CL team, most of whom had downward careers since Robson left us.

I could understand that point, and agree to an extent.

For us, at this moment in time, he's comfortable and solid in his role.

I think Williamson's biggest strength is that he knows his weaknesses and has adapted his game to improve a defender and play for the team to the best of his ability.

Which is the complete opposite to that prat Steven Taylor who is completely unaware of his own limitations and plays for himself without ever reaching his full potential.

Guest Loven11

I'm a massive fan of Williamson. Just does the simple things. I would rather have him than other immensly over rated English defenders like Upson and Lescott.

Same here, totally agree with what you said.

Liking the praise alot. I have to say I'm one of those that wern't fully convinced of his quality during his first season (in respect of his pricetag), although I was not one of the ones to go so far as call him shit etc.

I noticed he was captain today, does anyone know how good his english is just out of interest?

Guest Howaythetoon

I can't remember too many players in our recent history who have improved so much in such a short space of time or recovered from a pretty bad spell in the manner he has.