Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

Hope he does well.  I'd given up all hope of him doing this tbh.  Far better than him taking over us when we're at another low ebb, let's see what he can offer at another club and good luck to him.  Cardiff are a state atm but they're still a fairly big draw in that league and I think this will only improve matters on that score.

Some of the disrespectful comments towards him on here make me cringe.  It's one of them things that makes you realise that this forum is far from representative of our fanbase, i.e. there's a far bigger proportion of bi-polar, attention-seeking knobheads on this forum than among our support.

I'll be fucked if I judge him after 8 games.  But even if you do.  Say he's a shite manager.  Doesn't justify some of the spite towards him on here.  Get a grip.

I'd have respected him a lot more if he'd rolled his sleeves up and got on with the job at Newcastle but it seems we couldn't afford him once we went down. Wasn't it one of the other Championship chairmen who said Ashley had told them that their whole squad cost less than Shearer salary wise?

Ashley talks a lot of shit and only idiots would believe him or trust him.

Very lucky to be getting a job like that after doing nowt to earn it.

What do you imagine the job requirements were, like?

Being an iconic ex-player and England captain and EPL legend not good enough then?

Having a good managerial CV would be the first thing I'd look at like. Or at least coaching.

He's competing with managers who have been successful in higher leagues/ won stuff..Sven, McClaren, Fat Sam. Al's sat on a sofa.

Very lucky to be getting a job like that after doing nowt to earn it.

What do you imagine the job requirements were, like?

Being an iconic ex-player and England captain and EPL legend with coaching badges not good enough then?

FYP

Tons of retired players (even not so good ones) get jobs in the two top divisions in all countries.

Hope he does well.  I'd given up all hope of him doing this tbh.  Far better than him taking over us when we're at another low ebb, let's see what he can offer at another club and good luck to him.  Cardiff are a state atm but they're still a fairly big draw in that league and I think this will only improve matters on that score.

Some of the disrespectful comments towards him on here make me cringe.  It's one of them things that makes you realise that this forum is far from representative of our fanbase, i.e. there's a far bigger proportion of bi-polar, attention-seeking knobheads on this forum than among our support.

I'll be fucked if I judge him after 8 games.  But even if you do.  Say he's a shite manager.  Doesn't justify some of the spite towards him on here.  Get a grip.

:clap:

Having a good managerial CV would be the first thing I'd look at like. Or at least coaching.

He's competing with managers who have been successful in higher leagues/ won stuff..Sven, McClaren, Fat Sam. Al's sat on a sofa.

Thankfully some teams take a risk and blood newer managers, otherwise there'd be no Svens, McClarens and Fat Sams to compete with. Although the fact you're citing those three particular arseholes makes me realise you're not taking this discussion particularly seriously.

SSN still haven't caught on, weirdly.

They record an hour of SSN and repeat it until 6am don't they? Or did I just make that up?

If true, they probably don't want the same news breaking again and again and again :lol: