Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

SSN still haven't caught on, weirdly.

They record an hour of SSN and repeat it until 6am don't they? Or did I just make that up?

If true, they probably don't want the same news breaking again and again and again :lol:

Really? Didn't know that like! Makes sense though.

SSN still haven't caught on, weirdly.

They record an hour of SSN and repeat it until 6am don't they? Or did I just make that up?

If true, they probably don't want the same news breaking again and again and again :lol:

Really? Didn't know that like! Makes sense though.

Aye. That's why when stories break at 11pm (like Shearer getting the managers job in the relegation season), they say "You can get much more on this story in the Morning Report from 6am"

Except Transfer Deadline Day. I think they do that nighttime live.

For the footage of the hosts, yeah. Think the tickers at the side and bottom work separately.

For the footage of the hosts, yeah. Think the tickers at the side and bottom work separately.

I don't think they even update that if it's huge news else there's no reporters to report on it until the morning anyway.

Should have taken it, as much as I love Shearer, I have to say how can he honestly expect to get a job as manager somewhere with little experience and expect a decent wage/transfer budget.

I think that, as with us, it hinged on money available for new players. Shearer doesn't want to make the sacrifices that go with management unless he has a good chance of success.

Ding ding ding ding ding!

I think that, as with us, it hinged on money available for new players. Shearer doesn't want to make the sacrifices that go with management unless he has a good chance of success.

no comprendo

Within 30mins of the story breaking you already know (or have blindly made your mind up as to) what went wrong and as expected it's definitely Shearer's fault.

Weird IMO.

Within 30mins of the story breaking you already know (or have blindly made your mind up as to) what went wrong and as expected it's definitely Shearer's fault.

Weird IMO.

A sixth sense tbh.

Within 30mins of the story breaking you've made your mind up as to what went wrong and as expected it's definitely Shearer's fault.

Weird IMO.

I still don't get the 'dings' but never mind.

We've had five years and more of Shearer saying that he wants to be a manager, but somehow it not happening. He's opted for the easier life of the pundit. Sure I'm speculating, but if someone has any more plausible theories, let's hear them.

I don't blame the bloke at all. It's his life. And who knows, one day he might well scoop a really good job under the noses of other candidates who have grafted at the likes of Hartlepool. That's up to the club in question.

Cardiff were obviously in on the plot to make Shearer look a tit, and no doubt they had closet links with Ashley and the media to make him look like a greedy cunt. Yes...that's it.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Such a shame he didn't get it. Removing him from MOTD would have been a great start to the new season football coverage.

Interesting scenario demolished as my imagination went OTT with speculation etc............. Al manager, Bellamy been signed up for next season. Dressing room battles between the 2 of them. Fans split between their favourite and manager wanting rid of him. Al then dropping him, chairman sides with Bellamy and Al gets the sack.

Sounds fictional and now is, but did something similar happen here before? :)

Guest johnson293

BBC Article on it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13770272.stm

The ex-Newcastle boss said in a statement: "I can confirm that I was one of the candidates that the club spoke to about the vacant position.

"During these talks I was most impressed with the vision, ambition and determination of the owner Dato Chan Tien Ghee and the board.

"Unfortunately, those talks were unsuccessful on this occasion."

"Cardiff City is a great club and I wish them every success next season."

According to a journo from the South Wales Echo on the radio this morning they were willing to back him to the tune of £20m for new players and wages.

Aye but maybe they also wanted a complete squad overhaul at the sametime...

Might end up being a tranistion season.

I'd rather listen to Shearer the pundit, not because he's a good....... it's because are the rest are also crap and boring. So what difference would Shearer leaving MOTD make? :lol: It will still be the same old boring show.

I thought Shearer was a much better pundit when he was on Sky actually. Maybe because they, unlike MOTD, can actually start a decent debate or two.