Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

I think he'll do a sterling job. Hope he does and can eventually come back here instead of that clown we've ended up with.

Honestly man.

:rolleyes:

God forbid anyone should have an opinion on our manager.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer like he's just taken a shit on your car, and Chris Hughton, and Kevin Keegan. When did this prick become sacrosanct? 

Pardew is our manager while Shearer isn't. Shearer had his feet under the table here but didn't want to work with a budget and so Hughton stepped in and got the job done for a lot less. Now Shearer is doing what he should have done here. Better late than never.

If they'd called him he might have done. :lol:

I think he'll do a sterling job. Hope he does and can eventually come back here instead of that clown we've ended up with.

Honestly man.

:rolleyes:

God forbid anyone should have an opinion on our manager.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer like he's just taken a shit on your car, and Chris Hughton, and Kevin Keegan. When did this prick become sacrosanct? 

Pardew is our manager while Shearer isn't. Shearer had his feet under the table here but didn't want to work with a budget and so Hughton stepped in and got the job done for a lot less. Now Shearer is doing what he should have done here. Better late than never.

If they'd called him he might have done. :lol:

I'd be amazed if he's getting anything like the money at Cardiff that he was allegedly asking for here.

Wait a minute, Pardew took over a relatively stable side yet people aren't allowed to comment on his management until next season.

Shearer, on the other hand, took over a group of mercenaries for a handful of games yet his management skills can be assessed?

The only team Shearer managed to beat was a team still in danger of going down on the final day.

Sounds very familiar to me, apart from the fact Shearer had about 7 games rather than more than half a season.

Wait a minute, Pardew took over a relatively stable side yet people aren't allowed to comment on his management until next season.

Shearer, on the other hand, took over a group of mercenaries for a handful of games yet his management skills can be assessed?

"Aren't allowed"? :lol:

You can say what you want, mate. And so can those who think you're talking shite.

It'll be like Robson went to Boro.

He'll be ok for them but it's a tough task to get a team out of that league next season.

He's walking straight into a snake pit if he is taking the job. Cardiff fans seemingly don't want him, they've just lost their entire strike force, aswell as a number of other players too.

I'll admire him if he takes this job, because it's going to be a difficult one.

The only team Shearer managed to beat was a team still in danger of going down on the final day.

Sounds very familiar to me, apart from the fact Shearer had about 7 games rather than more than half a season.

Aye, he beat Boro, and managed to oversee a whopping 1 goal in the other 7 fixtures that he took charge of.

I have a nagging doubt that Shearer will be a Souness esque "my way or the high way" manager that may well prevent him being, ahem, a "top boss."

Shearer loved Souness' style of management, 'proper mans man' as Shearer put it.

I have a nagging doubt that Shearer will be a Souness esque "my way or the high way" manager that may well prevent him being, ahem, a "top boss."

The way he handled Obafemi Martin chickening out of the Stoke game doesn’t indicate so.

If he seemed harsh in dealing with our players, then it was because they were a bunch of shambolic lazy uncommitted fuckers that had no discipline, and who played a far bigger role in us going down than him.

I still could punch the likes of Martins, Viduka, etc. Bloody shit heads they were...... don't think I hated a set of NUFC players more than those lot that took us down. (Although respect to the ones that stayed.)

"Aren't allowed"? :lol:

You can say what you want, mate. And so can those who think you're talking shite.

Talking shite?

Haven't formed an opinion on Shearer's managerial abilities yet. Will be hoping he succeeds wherever he goes though.

Aye, he beat Boro, and managed to oversee a whopping 1 goal in the other 7 fixtures that he took charge of.

Owen and Martins missing easy chances is certainly not down to Alan Shearer's coaching methods! (When it comes to finishing anyway!) :lol:

If true I wish him well and hope he's successful without in any way damaging us.

I see it as a lose-lose situation.

He does well, and fucking Cardiff and their arsehole supporters are in the Premiership.

He does badly, and we have to suffer him as a pundit again.

So I'm hoping for a mediocre, mid-table kind of performance.

If true I wish him well and hope he's successful without in any way damaging us.

I see it as a lose-lose situation.

He does well, and fucking Cardiff and their arsehole supporters are in the Premiership.

He does badly, and we have to suffer him as a pundit again.

So I'm hoping for a mediocre, mid-table kind of performance.

Which won't be good enough for Cardiff.

From a quick look at Wiki, Cardiff's situation is similar to QPR's. The owners are wealthy, but haven't bankrolled things on the pitch to the degree that you might expect. That might change now.

I don't think Shearer would join what looked like a sinking ship. I suspect his name has loosened the purse strings a bit and he'll be backed in the transfer market.

Can't judge Shearer's managerial abilities based on his time here. No way. If you do, you're a fucking mong.

Agreed. I don't think many are. He's very much an unknown quantity as a manager.

I hope he does very well at Cardiff, because like I said, it's gonna be a difficult job.