Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

If true I wish him well and hope he's successful without in any way damaging us.

I see it as a lose-lose situation.

He does well, and f***ing Cardiff and their arsehole supporters are in the Premiership.

He does badly, and we have to suffer him as a pundit again.

So I'm hoping for a mediocre, mid-table kind of performance.

Mid table also = the sack and also = the MOTD couch.

From a quick look at Wiki, Cardiff's situation is similar to QPR's. The owners are wealthy, but haven't bankrolled things on the pitch to the degree that you might expect. That might change now.

I don't think Shearer would join what looked like a sinking ship. I suspect his name has loosened the purse strings a bit and he'll be backed in the transfer market.

I can see his contacts in the football world playing a vital part tbh.

Pardew and Hughton have both taken an absolute battering on here before when playing Lovenkrands on the wing. It's worth pointing out that Lovenkrands was available for 6 of the 8 games Shearer took charge of, and he played him on the wing (in at least one case ahead of the benched Gutierrez) in three of those games. Regardless of the scenario and the turmoil etc, to me that doesn't really demonstrate good player knowledge.

EDIT: And then there was the whole taking too long to drop Owen, and also Edgar over Coloccini. I was pleased he was at least trying to change things and have a go at shaking us up, but not many of the things he tried paid off.

EDIT EDIT: Happy to admit that Dowie clearly didn't help Shearer that much by allowing him to make such mental decisions.

From a quick look at Wiki, Cardiff's situation is similar to QPR's. The owners are wealthy, but haven't bankrolled things on the pitch to the degree that you might expect. That might change now.

I don't think Shearer would join what looked like a sinking ship. I suspect his name has loosened the purse strings a bit and he'll be backed in the transfer market.

That would explain why he took the job. I don't think he'd give up MOTD to muck it with a club that had to balance the books before he made any signings.

Pardew and Hughton have both taken an absolute battering on here before when playing Lovenkrands on the wing. It's worth pointing out that Lovenkrands was available for 6 of the 8 games Shearer took charge of, and he played him on the wing (in at least one case ahead of the benched Gutierrez) in three of those games. Regardless of the scenario and the turmoil etc, to me that doesn't really demonstrate good player knowledge.

I remember people lambasting Hughton's ability when he first took over as a caretaker manager.

If true I wish him well and hope he's successful without in any way damaging us.

He does well, and f***ing Cardiff and their arsehole supporters are in the Premiership.

Mid table also = the sack and also = the MOTD couch.

You're probably right.

Scrape into the play-off places, then, followed by an agonising defeat at the final hurdle.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer.

Shearer the player, Shearer the man, Shearer the pundit and Shearer the manager are all almost entirely separate entities imo. Shearer the player and Shearer the man I have very little bad to say. Shearer the manager, there's plenty of things I can tell you that from an admittedly short space of time appeared to be not very good at all.

People are commenting on Shearer because you've come out with this idea that he'll do incredibly well at Cardiff based on very little.

You never said what you think of him as a pundit...

Personally, I wish him all the best.

There's enough of you quick enough to slag off Alan fucking Shearer.

Shearer the player, Shearer the man, Shearer the pundit and Shearer the manager are all almost entirely separate entities imo. Shearer the player and Shearer the man I have very little bad to say. Shearer the manager, there's plenty of things I can tell you that from an admittedly short space of time appeared to be not very good at all.

People are commenting on Shearer because you've come out with this idea that he'll do incredibly well at Cardiff based on very little.

You never said what you think of him as a pundit...

Personally, I wish him all the best.

Haha, I said that either earlier in this thread or somewhere else. I think he's a naff pundit. Not the worst, but there are loads better.

I wish him well too, I'd love to be proven wrong and see him make a successful management career for himself. My points are just meant to convey that at this stage, there's not a great deal to be anything near certain that will happen.

yes cardiff fans are a set of twats but we'd only have to put up with them twice in a season and couldn't care less about punditry. can't remember the last time any pundit enlightened me in any way (jimmy hill was by far the best)

I hope he does well, his 8 games here weren't long enough to bas how he was going to pan out as a manager. It's a career in which he has shown that he really wants to do since his playing days are over and as a club legend I wish him all the best, just not ever at the expense of us though.

Hopefully gets the fuckers relegated then texts Bellamy (only for apologists to say he didn't mean to text him)

:spastic:

yes cardiff fans are a set of twats but we'd only have to put up with them twice in a season and couldn't care less about punditry. bcan't remember the last time any pundit enlightened me in any way (jimmy hill was by far the best)

They must have been piss poor given the starting point.