Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Doesn't look as if he gives a toss.

This.

Looks a completely different player to last season, I put it down to fitness at first but he has to be fit by now. It just looks like we were 'Plan B' if a PL club didn't come in for him.

Guest Stephen927

I wouldn't say Lovenkrands has anything other than a poor scoring record either to be honest.

I know it's the SPL, but if you take into account time spent playing on the wing there then finally moving up front, his record there isn't too bad. The rest including his spell here is poor.

Guest Heneage

There's a few times on a Rangers compilation he beats the offside trap and races away, That's how we should be playing him, on the wing he's neither use nor ornament.

It's blatantly obvious and has been for months for those of us with sense that he should be on the shoulder of the last man and nowhere else. Put him in a position where he has to use graft, skill or strength andf he's basically a sunday league player.

Let him play in his position then judge him

he deserves a crack up front before we write him off I agree. When we signed him that's where I expected him to play, and it's not like the forwards we've got are scoring shedloads.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5689137,00.html

From SkySports.com:

Lovenkrands reveals problems

Newcastle forward getting over off-field issues

By Kent Hedlundh  Last updated: 11th November 2009  Subscribe to RSS Feed

Enhanced Multiples

Newcastle forward Peter Lovenkrands has revealed that off the field issues have prevented him from playing as much as he would like.

The Dane agreed a three-year deal at St James' Park on transfer deadline day.

Lovenkrands had finished last season with Newcastle, but then had rebuffed their initial offer of a contract before signing in August.

But he has been limited to just three league starts and he admits personal problems have got to him.

"You of course want to play more games, but I have had a few personal family problems lately. And I've missed a few games because of these," Lovenkrands told Onside.

"But now things should be back on track, so I can focus on football again.

"I hope that this will lead to more games that I start, but I will take it nice and easy and see what happens."

Lovenkrands is happy to see things going so well on the pitch.

"It looks good now," he said,

"But there are many games in The Championship, and a lot can happen if you get in to a bad run."

He did look better last season when he was playing with us in the prem.  If he gets himself fully commited he can be a real asset to us.

get him upfront with carroll and i think he can be a good player for us. Rather play Løvenkrands than Harewood.

edit: i also think  Carroll would benefit from having a pacey player with decent movement around him. Could give his physique more worth than it already is.

You know what, we are top of the league,  I'm glad he put his family before Newcastle.  Say we were 10th or something then maybe there would have been a problem, but he has proven he's a decent player when played in the right position with himself in the right frame of mind.  Heres hoping he starts producing the goods (again).

Guest toonlass

From what someone on here was saying the other day he dad has been poorly. Hopefully he is on the mend, and Peter can get back to playing, and being played in the right position too.

Guest toonlass

Glad to hear he's had a problem that is now sorted. Was starting to look like we've given a mediocre clone of Damien Duff a 3 year contract, hopefully this will be the start of him turning things around.

He will look shite on the wing though. He is not a winger any more than Colo or Harper are.

mediocre?

If it's possible, then yes. Duff was crap for us, but he at least offered a few basic things at times, such as showing himself for the ball and running backwards with it.

Glad to hear he's had a problem that is now sorted. Was starting to look like we've given a mediocre clone of Damien Duff a 3 year contract, hopefully this will be the start of him turning things around.

He will look s**** on the wing though. He is not a winger any more than Colo or Harper are.

Won't disagree. He's had a couple of appearances up front though as substitute and still offered absolutely nothing. Not wanting to write him off as naturally that's silly given the lack of pitch time, but I am hoping that we've not signed another dud who was only playing for a longer contract last season and may have been using family matters as an excuse (or maybe not, in which case I'm being a bit of a cunt).

Guest toonlass

mediocre?

If it's possible, then yes. Duff was crap for us, but he at least offered a few basic things at times, such as showing himself for the ball and running backwards with it.

Honestly man, he isn't a dud. The lad will score for fun in the Championship if he was given a run in the team and played up front.

He will look s**** on the wing though. He is not a winger any more than Colo or Harper are.

Won't disagree. He's had a couple of appearances up front though as substitute and still offered absolutely nothing. Not wanting to write him off as naturally that's silly given the lack of pitch time, but I am hoping that we've not signed another dud who was only playing for a longer contract last season and may have been using family matters as an excuse (or maybe not, in which case I'm being a bit of a cunt).

Honestly man, he isn't a dud. The lad will score for fun in the Championship if he was given a run in the team and played up front.

I accept that I may be totally wrong on this, but like Martins possibly wussing out against Stoke last year, that chest injury Lovenkrands picked up at the back end of last season against whoever it was seemed a tad suspicious, and could well be an indication of someone who hasn't got the willpower to be a professional footballer anymore (but still wants the wages every month).

It's just a suspicion, a possibility, nothing more. Just like it's a possibility that Lovenkrands is actually a secret international caped crimefighter during the twilight hours.