Would you welcome a takeover?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would depend on who the buyer was, how much cash they have, whether they'd be paying off that loan to Ashley or just leaving the club to pay it back over the years, whether they have enough cash spare for transfers.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Why would it matter if they are paying back the loan immediately or in installments.  If they are buying the club they will know they are in debt - and would be a factor in their decision making.

Right now we're not paying the loan back at all.

It would have a pretty significant impact on our finances if we suddenly had to start repaying it all.

Guest ovesbar

Don't like this at all.. I finally thought maybe Ash would do the right thing, give Shearer a long term contract and bring som stability. And then out of nowhere, here we go with takeover talks again.. Imagine it will be like last time, a lot of back and forward, speculations of interested parties, interview with random investment bankers etc, etc.. And then will go into august, still with asheley, without manager and no new players :frantic:

Well thats the worst case scenario anyway.. Would prefer everything sorted out as soon as possibe..we need time to get ready for the Championship.

It would depend on who the buyer was, how much cash they have, whether they'd be paying off that loan to Ashley or just leaving the club to pay it back over the years, whether they have enough cash spare for transfers.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Why would it matter if they are paying back the loan immediately or in installments.  If they are buying the club they will know they are in debt - and would be a factor in their decision making.

Right now we're not paying the loan back at all.

It would have a pretty significant impact on our finances if we suddenly had to start repaying it all.

According to the accounts there is a clause in Ashley's loan agreement that says it becomes repayable immediately there is a change of ownership, rather like the clause that shafted him when he first bought the club. If he really wants to sell I would guess he might have to waive that and take payback over a couple of years or something.

Agree with those on here who are concerned about this. We've spent too much valuable time faffing about with takeovers, sacking managers, managers walking out and even managers falling ill - every time it has resulted in a mess.

man city style billionairre takeover done in a week - yes

anything else no, rather see ashley led around by nose by shearer and be forced into some structured investment and planning on/off the pitch - stability for a fucking change

man city style billionairre takeover done in a week - yes

anything else no, rather see ashley led around by nose by shearer and be forced into some structured investment and planning on/off the pitch - stability for a f***ing change

Agreed - end of thread really.

If we are taken over as a result of relegation by a mega rich consortium would people be happy with us having to go down for it to happen?

may as well be happy about it, we are down so nothig we can do now anywya.

Not right now. This is absolutely the bloody worst thing to happen. I would welcome investment into the club, yes, we bloody need it! But regardless of whether its true or not it will have dragged up another summer of constant rumours when we need to be focusing on consistency.

If the "takeover" happens immediately fantastic, but we are surely looking at 2/3 months for the whole thing to come off, by which stage even if Shearer is in charge we wont have been able to perform the essential preperations for next season.

Whilst this could be a good thing long term, its absolutely the worst timing if it drags out.

As others have said as long as it's done fast and cleanly, I would be happy to see a takeover however the last thing we need right now is another prolonged period of instability regarding the ownership of the club.

Thing is if Ashley stays is that stability? a man 90% of fans hate, a man who has no ideahow to run a football club, he has proved time and time again he is clueless. Surely seeing the back of him can only be a good thing, yes okay may be out of the fryingpan into the fire but I would be happy for us to take that risk

Actually sickening btw, they manage to get themselves into ridiculous amounts of debt, unsustainably staying in the Premiership beyond their means, facing deserved financial difficulties which would probably see them ultimately relegated as they sell their squad........ then they get taken over by an Arab. Doesn't help that I despise the club either.  :no:

Actually sickening btw, they manage to get themselves into ridiculous amounts of debt, unsustainably staying in the Premiership beyond their means, facing deserved financial difficulties which would probably see them ultimately relegated as they sell their squad........ then they get taken over by an Arab. Doesn't help that I despise the club either.  :no:

Yep it's a little unjust, if these arabs are of the man city ilk then they be in for a great ride at Portsmouth. So much for the value of financial prudence. Look where that's got us, in the fizzy pop league.

Yep it's a little unjust, if these arabs are of the man city ilk then they be in for a great ride at Portsmouth. So much for the value of financial prudence. Look where that's got us, in the fizzy pop league.

The guy who's brokered the deal was the same one at Man City. He was initially chairman and wanted to go crazy with money, then the moneymen realised it wasn't a prudent proposition and put the more reasonable Khaldoon in charge. So I reckon Al-Fahim's found some other backers, obviously big-money, and will go crazy at Portsmouth. :(

The guy who's brokered the deal was the same one at Man City. He was initially chairman and wanted to go crazy with money, then the moneymen realised it wasn't a prudent proposition and put the more reasonable Khaldoon in charge. So I reckon Al-Fahim's found some other backers, obviously big-money, and will go crazy at Portsmouth. :(

Wouldn't it be fill a fat man's incontinence pants with piss funny if Redknapp,now devoid of money at Spurs went back there to a fat transfer budget?

These rich owners are mutilating English football by pumping millions inot clubs which have never traditionally been that powerful, Chelsea being a prime example. It is kind of sickening.

Guest Heneage

I'm still lost how Portsmouth is seen as a better potential investment than us irrespective of our Championship status.

I'm still lost how Portsmouth is seen as a better potential investment than us irrespective of our Championship status.

premiership club bought for apparently £32 mill as opposed to a championship one for at least £90mill if press are to be believed.