RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

At least there'll be some bollocks to read in the Sunday rags.

and it starts

Daily mail

Ashley to receive 2 90 million pound bids

and it starts

Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1196005/Alan-Shearer-left-hold-Mike-Ashley-brokers-Newcastle-sale.html?ITO=1490

Alan Shearer left on hold as Mike Ashley brokers Newcastle sale

By Rob Draper Last updated at 9:21 PM on 27th June 2009

Alan Shearer's future at Newcastle will be a step closer to being resolved this week as owner Mike Ashley expects to receive two formal bids for the club of around £90million.

One of the bidders is keen to install Shearer as manager with negotiations, being brokered by banker Keith Harris, continuing.

Though Shearer's future is not yet guaranteed, he will be installed in charge of the Championship side next season if that bidder turns out to be Ashley's preferred choice.

But Newcastle are still in a state of flux with just six weeks until the start of the Football League season and players due to arrive back at pre-season training early next month.

:crazy2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

and it starts

Daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1196005/Alan-Shearer-left-hold-Mike-Ashley-brokers-Newcastle-sale.html?ITO=1490

Alan Shearer left on hold as Mike Ashley brokers Newcastle sale

By Rob Draper Last updated at 9:21 PM on 27th June 2009

Alan Shearer's future at Newcastle will be a step closer to being resolved this week as owner Mike Ashley expects to receive two formal bids for the club of around £90million.

One of the bidders is keen to install Shearer as manager with negotiations, being brokered by wanker Keith Harris, continuing.

Though Shearer's future is not yet guaranteed, he will be installed in charge of the Championship side next season if that bidder turns out to be Ashley's preferred choice.

But Newcastle are still in a state of flux with just six weeks until the start of the Football League season and players due to arrive back at pre-season training early next month.

:crazy2:

Edited!

NOTW:

Keith Harris, the man brokering the sale of the club for Mike Ashley, was in America last night and an £80million deal could be struck inside 72 hours.

That's all we get.

Things went downhill after Fletcher left. A real professional who knows what he's doing.

During the good days under Keegan, four names were prominent regarding the board:

John Hall

Freddie Fletcher

Douglas Hall

Fred Shepherd

When the first two left and the second tier was left in charge the decline began. Freddie Flether and SJH were sharp dealers, Hall Jnr and Fat Fred made headlines for different reasons unfortunately.

Guest Heneage

NOTW:

Keith Harris, the man brokering the sale of the club for Mike Ashley, was in America last night and an £80million deal could be struck inside 72 hours.

That's all we get.

I haven't been keeping up with this is it really even likely to be true Dave? My gut instinct says no.

NOTW:

That's all we get.

I haven't been keeping up with this is it really even likely to be true Dave? My gut instinct says no.

Its from the News of the World so unfortunately its 100% false.

NOTW:

That's all we get.

I dunno. Don't NOTW have strong links with Ashley?

NOTW:

That's all we get.

Indeed,they are both full of shit.

NOTW:

That's all we get.

Mike has ben quiet recently

NOTW:

That's all we get.

Indeed,they are both full of s***.

Well that's a given  O0

Seriously though, Rob Beasley (the guy who's sometimes on Sunday Supplement from NOTW) is apparently good mates with Ashley and I think it was only NOTW who Ashley gave an exclusive interview to earlier on in the season. Could well be wrong mind.

NOTW:

That's all we get.

Indeed,they are both full of s***.

Well that's a given  O0

Seriously though, Rob Beasley (the guy who's sometimes on Sunday Supplement from NOTW) is apparently good mates with Ashley and I think it was only NOTW who Ashley gave an exclusive interview to earlier on in the season. Could well be wrong mind.

Yeah that interview was full of shit as well.  You might be right that they could be well connected with Ashley but that doesn't follow that they'll know what's happening, just what Ashley wants us to think is happening.  I'll never believe a word that comic prints, I hate it and everyone involved with it with a fucking passion :lol:

Guest Wally_McFool

And it will amaze many Toon fans that calamity defender Fabricio Coloccini, who arrived from Deportivo La Coruna last summer for £10.3m, is set to return to Spain.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say how totally amazed as fuck I am that Fabricio is set to go back to Spain.

I notice that "In the next few weeks" is beginning to appear in the articles now in relation to the sale.... The goal posts are just moving everytime we get close to the proposed or potential resolution time.

And it will amaze many Toon fans that calamity defender Fabricio Coloccini, who arrived from Deportivo La Coruna last summer for £10.3m, is set to return to Spain.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say how totally amazed as f*** I am that Fabricio is set to go back to Spain.

I would also like to add that I am in shock.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say how totally amazed as f*** I am that Fabricio is set to go back to Spain.

I would also like to add that I am in shock.

I wouldn't say I am in shock, but I do find myself feeling totally amazed by this turn of events. It's just amazing in a completely total sense.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/06/28/seba-to-say-no-to-spurs-79310-24002643/

But although Keith Harris, the man in charge of finding a buyer for United, is in America talking to an interested party, no major development on the takeover front is now expected until the middle of the coming week.

It's all a load of bollocks isn't it. Every single media outlet is just guessing so when/if it happens they can claim to be right. We won't know in advance of it actually happening IMO; it'll either come completely out of the blue or not happen at all.

The problem is that it's annoying as fuck.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/06/28/seba-to-say-no-to-spurs-79310-24002643/

But although Keith Harris, the man in charge of finding a buyer for United, is in America talking to an interested party, no major development on the takeover front is now expected until the middle of the coming week.

It's all a load of bollocks isn't it. Every single media outlet is just guessing so when/if it happens they can claim to be right. We won't know in advance of it actually happening IMO; it'll either come completely out of the blue or not happen at all.

The problem is that it's annoying as fuck.

They're like cp40 in that "When will we get some good news thread" posting "Tomorrow" for each passing day :lol: