RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

If Vialli is actually set to be involved with your club, I'd start digging if I were you....

Why? Because of one poor stint at Watford? He won a good haul with Chelsea.

If Vialli is actually set to be involved with your club, I'd start digging if I were you....

Yeah and Ruud Gullit had a good start at Chelsea and look at how he did for us.

A guy I work with (never been one to talk shite or claimed to be in ITK) has passed on some information that is not really new but may shed light on why everything has come to a standstill.

Apparently there have been 3 bids in excess of £100M, however Ashley would only trouser about half of that amount as the bids include paying outstanding transfer fees, undertaking the overdraft etc. Ashley isn't too keen on playing ball as he wants to gain £100M himself, meaning in reality he really wants about £150M.

In general it sounds plausible, appart from the transfer fee bit.  Surely the overdraft would include any outstanding fee's?  What else is it there for if not to pay club expenses such as wages and fee's until revenue is brought in to pay it off?

I am honest to god depressed over this entire thing, am so down man its just never going to end, no club takes this long to sell and thats with one buyer, we have what four? and he cannot do a deal, fat greedy horrbile pathetic minded scrotum sucking basrad.

No way we sell by next weekend and then we can say good bye to the very players we need to keep, then no Al as manager, its into the new season with fat cunt and JK. :(

Yeah and Ruud Gullit had a good start at Chelsea and look at how he did for us.

Well we got to the FA Cup final with Gullit.

Alan Shearer 'tearing his hair out' over Newcastle sale delays

Shearer's Newcastle future remains uncertain

Delays have hampered the club's pre-season plans

Alan Shearer's future remains uncertain.

Alan Shearer is said to be "tearing his hair out in frustration" as the impasse at Newcastle United continues. Takeover talks remain shrouded in secrecy with the consortiums who have performed due diligence on the Championship club all signing non-disclosure agreements.

It is understood that at least two of three would-be buyers are keen to employ Shearer as manager but the owner, Mike Ashley, has refused to install him while negotiations progress in case a purchaser wanting an alternative manager materialises.

This means that Newcastle have so far made no moves in the transfer market – either in terms of offloading high-earning players or signing others suitable for the Championship – and Chris Hughton, the caretaker coach, is left to put the increasingly disaffected players through their pre-season paces.

"Alan's tearing his hair out," said a source. "The days keep passing and still nothing happens." Interested parties have at least been given guided tours of St James' Park this week but Ananda Krishnan, one of south-east Asia's wealthiest individuals, has denied that he is behind a Malaysian consortium thought to be strong contenders to buy Newcastle.

Meanwhile a group of Austrians taken around the ground earlier this week were from the online gaming company, Bwin. Although there are strong suggestions they inquired about buying Newcastle, their sporting interests have hitherto been confined to sponsorship where, among other deals, they have major tie ups with Real Madrid and Milan.

Indeed their initial contact with Newcastle came when they discussed the possibility of replacing Northern Rock as the newly relegated club's official sponsors next season. Bwin declined to comment on the precise nature of their visit to St James'.

Newcastle's squad are in Ireland preparing for their first pre-season friendly at Shamrock Rovers on Saturday . Controversially Hughton is expected to give Joey Barton a starting place. The midfielder had been suspended indefinitely during Shearer's brief stint as managerat the end of last season and has been made well aware that, if the former England captain returns, his first act will be to get rid of him.

One man keen to leave Tyneside is the centre-half, Sébastien Bassong, who today said he was wanted by Arsenal. Bassong, though, was identified by Shearer, who would make signing Jermaine Beckford from Leeds United a priority, as a player it is imperative Newcastle do everything to keep.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/09/newcastle-united-alan-shearer

Alan Shearer 'tearing his hair out' over Newcastle sale delays

Shearer's Newcastle future remains uncertain

Delays have hampered the club's pre-season plans

Alan Shearer's future remains uncertain.

Alan Shearer is said to be "tearing his hair out in frustration" as the impasse at Newcastle United continues. Takeover talks remain shrouded in secrecy with the consortiums who have performed due diligence on the Championship club all signing non-disclosure agreements.

It is understood that at least two of three would-be buyers are keen to employ Shearer as manager but the owner, Mike Ashley, has refused to install him while negotiations progress in case a purchaser wanting an alternative manager materialises.

This means that Newcastle have so far made no moves in the transfer market – either in terms of offloading high-earning players or signing others suitable for the Championship – and Chris Hughton, the caretaker coach, is left to put the increasingly disaffected players through their pre-season paces.

"Alan's tearing his hair out," said a source. "The days keep passing and still nothing happens." Interested parties have at least been given guided tours of St James' Park this week but Ananda Krishnan, one of south-east Asia's wealthiest individuals, has denied that he is behind a Malaysian consortium thought to be strong contenders to buy Newcastle.

Meanwhile a group of Austrians taken around the ground earlier this week were from the online gaming company, Bwin. Although there are strong suggestions they inquired about buying Newcastle, their sporting interests have hitherto been confined to sponsorship where, among other deals, they have major tie ups with Real Madrid and Milan.

Indeed their initial contact with Newcastle came when they discussed the possibility of replacing Northern Rock as the newly relegated club's official sponsors next season. Bwin declined to comment on the precise nature of their visit to St James'.

Newcastle's squad are in Ireland preparing for their first pre-season friendly at Shamrock Rovers on Saturday . Controversially Hughton is expected to give Joey Barton a starting place. The midfielder had been suspended indefinitely during Shearer's brief stint as managerat the end of last season and has been made well aware that, if the former England captain returns, his first act will be to get rid of him.

One man keen to leave Tyneside is the centre-half, Sébastien Bassong, who today said he was wanted by Arsenal. Bassong, though, was identified by Shearer, who would make signing Jermaine Beckford from Leeds United a priority, as a player it is imperative Newcastle do everything to keep.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/09/newcastle-united-alan-shearer

That's not gonna take long as there aint much left  O0

Just bumped into someone else who claims to be ITK and reckons the club's been sold to a HK consortium. Fuck knows if it's true but he was adamant it wasn't just a rumour. Personally I think it's bollocks but we'll see.

Just bumped into someone else who claims to be ITK and reckons the club's been sold to a HK consortium. Fuck knows if it's true but he was adamant it wasn't just a rumour. Personally I think it's bollocks but we'll see.

Hope he's right. Although, I'm fairly certain he won't be.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just bumped into someone else who claims to be ITK and reckons the club's been sold to a HK consortium. f*** knows if it's true but he was adamant it wasn't just a rumour. Personally I think it's bollocks but we'll see.

I bumped into the same person except he said ' watch were your fukin going mate '

Just bumped into someone else who claims to be ITK and reckons the club's been sold to a HK consortium. f*** knows if it's true but he was adamant it wasn't just a rumour. Personally I think it's bollocks but we'll see.

Someone told me the same thing - sold to a "Kuala Lumpur" man, Ched Evans at the club now and Michael Johnson coming on loan. All in a days takeover