RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Nige_S5

Just got back from holiday and the hotel where charging $10 per half hour internet so fook that ,anything changed in the last 16 days.

The latest ITK has shown to be talking kack. So No - nothing new at all there.

Barry Moat is eager for takeover progress

Sep 7 2009 by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

BARRY Moat has not given up his attempt to buy Newcastle United, meaning no end is yet in sight to the saga which has frustrated supporters all summer.

Club insiders were indicating last week they do not expect the Magpies to change hands in the near future. But until any concrete announcement that Newcastle have been taken off the market, their future remains in doubt.

Local businessman Moat is interested in purchasing the club from Mike Ashley, but has so far been unable to obtain the assurances needed to facilitate a move.

Although details of any prospective deals have largely been kept secret, Newcastle did recently reveal the club’s arrangement with bankers Barclays was fundamental to Moat’s ambitions.

It is understood Moat needs to persuade the bank not to slash the size of United’s overdraft after relegation from the Premier League.

He will point to attendances which are better than the majority of top-flight clubs enjoy, and Newcastle’s excellent start to the season, and ask them to gamble on the Magpies winning promotion from the Championship at the first attempt.

This, however, is not a good time to be asking financial institutions to take risks. Moat is hopeful of more talks this week

as he seeks a resolution, and more than simply the removal of the unpopular Ashley rests on his success.

Moat is a close friend of Alan Shearer, whose testimonial he helped organise, and would re-appoint the club’s record goalscorer as one of his first moves. Ashley, however, seems reluctant to do so, despite having hailed Shearer’s caretaker appointment as the best move he had ever made.

The sportswear magnate made those comments after relegation in May, when he put the club up for sale for the second time in less than a year.

With sources close to Shearer not anticipating any imminent movement, it seems the only way the matter will be resolved soon is by Ashley officially taking Newcastle off the market, as he did at Christmas. Meanwhile, Xisco has implied he faked an injury to engineer his transfer window move back to Spain. It is a risky move from the Spanish international striker, who is still a St James’s Park employee.

A striker injury crisis might have allowed Xisco a rare appearance shortly before his departure. But the 23-year-old did not feature in the 1-0 win over Leicester City, complaining of a groin strain and forcing Nile Ranger to make his full league debut as a lone forward.

But it had cleared sufficiently for him to take a full part in training as soon as he joined Racing Santander on a season-long loan the following week.

“After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave,” he explained.

“I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit. If they hadn’t accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless.”

Xisco may have some explaining to do because Newcastle can fine him for his comments, and in the not improbable event that they are unable to find a suitable buyer before then, he will be due back at the club’s Darsley Park training ground for the 2010 pre-season.

Fabricio Coloccini was an unused substitute in Argentina’s 3-1 World Cup qualifying defeat in Brazil. The centre-back missed Monday’s game against Leicester to prepare for the match, which ensured Brazil’s qualification for South Africa and left Argentina in real danger of facing a November play-off.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/07/barry-moat-is-eager-for-takeover-progress-61634-24622695/

Barry Moat is eager for takeover progress

Sep 7 2009 by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

BARRY Moat has not given up his attempt to buy Newcastle United, meaning no end is yet in sight to the saga which has frustrated supporters all summer.

Club insiders were indicating last week they do not expect the Magpies to change hands in the near future. But until any concrete announcement that Newcastle have been taken off the market, their future remains in doubt.

Local businessman Moat is interested in purchasing the club from Mike Ashley, but has so far been unable to obtain the assurances needed to facilitate a move.

Although details of any prospective deals have largely been kept secret, Newcastle did recently reveal the clubs arrangement with bankers Barclays was fundamental to Moats ambitions.

It is understood Moat needs to persuade the bank not to slash the size of Uniteds overdraft after relegation from the Premier League.

He will point to attendances which are better than the majority of top-flight clubs enjoy, and Newcastles excellent start to the season, and ask them to gamble on the Magpies winning promotion from the Championship at the first attempt.

This, however, is not a good time to be asking financial institutions to take risks. Moat is hopeful of more talks this week

as he seeks a resolution, and more than simply the removal of the unpopular Ashley rests on his success.

Moat is a close friend of Alan Shearer, whose testimonial he helped organise, and would re-appoint the clubs record goalscorer as one of his first moves. Ashley, however, seems reluctant to do so, despite having hailed Shearers caretaker appointment as the best move he had ever made.

The sportswear magnate made those comments after relegation in May, when he put the club up for sale for the second time in less than a year.

With sources close to Shearer not anticipating any imminent movement, it seems the only way the matter will be resolved soon is by Ashley officially taking Newcastle off the market, as he did at Christmas. Meanwhile, Xisco has implied he faked an injury to engineer his transfer window move back to Spain. It is a risky move from the Spanish international striker, who is still a St Jamess Park employee.

A striker injury crisis might have allowed Xisco a rare appearance shortly before his departure. But the 23-year-old did not feature in the 1-0 win over Leicester City, complaining of a groin strain and forcing Nile Ranger to make his full league debut as a lone forward.

But it had cleared sufficiently for him to take a full part in training as soon as he joined Racing Santander on a season-long loan the following week.

After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave, he explained.

I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit. If they hadnt accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless.

Xisco may have some explaining to do because Newcastle can fine him for his comments, and in the not improbable event that they are unable to find a suitable buyer before then, he will be due back at the clubs Darsley Park training ground for the 2010 pre-season.

Fabricio Coloccini was an unused substitute in Argentinas 3-1 World Cup qualifying defeat in Brazil. The centre-back missed Mondays game against Leicester to prepare for the match, which ensured Brazils qualification for South Africa and left Argentina in real danger of facing a November play-off.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/07/barry-moat-is-eager-for-takeover-progress-61634-24622695/

My god they get paid to write this shite.

He needs to find another investor, the bank won't fund his deal.

Isn't he supposed to have some mystery US investor who is only willing to reveal himself once Ashley is gone?

Probably be George W Bush knowing our luck.

Can someone explain to me where the money to fund this club will come from after Moat has bought us? It sounds like with this guy in charge we will still buy fuck all.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Ashley will be keeping the club for the forseeable future.

He needs to find another investor, the bank won't fund his deal.

Isn't he supposed to have some mystery US investor who is only willing to reveal himself once Ashley is gone?

Probably be George W Bush knowing our luck.

George Bush with local lad-come-good, Tony Blair. Nailed on.

Toon players now 'immune' from takeover talk

Sep 7 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/07/toon-players-now-immune-from-takeover-talk-72703-24625602/

I feel like I am immune now and I would guess that most of us on here now are too.

Any new reports mean nothing to me. I dont even look first for this thread any more.

Ashley's patience has defeated me... I have just lost interest (if you know what I mean) in the whole fiasco.

We could have a 4-5-1 planned as we're away, and maybe he's bringing Butt in to add another defensive element, e.g:

Butt          Smith   

Guthrie                                Barton

Nolan

I hope not though, Butt doesn't deserve a place in the team and if anyone is going to be brought in, hopefully it'll be McLoven!

Guest johnson293

Cheryl Cole on Real Radio saying she would buy the club if she had the money.

She would probably have more than enough if she dipped into her hubbies Bank Account as well!

Cheryl Cole on Real Radio saying she would buy the club if she had the money.

She would probably have more than enough if she dipped into her hubbies Bank Account as well!

I'm sure she could get Simon Cowell to invest as well

Louis Walsh and that other bird can F*@k off though