RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've said it before, but it's not just the players we brought in that tipped Keegan over the edge, but the players we didn't.  Everyone keeps saying it was Xisco/Gonzalez that pushed him over the edge but I think the biggest problem was that we still didn't sign a LB, who Keegan wanted for ages.

Totally agree. There's this notion of people thinking that Keegan walked out because "Xisco was rubbish" :lol:

Christ. Imagine if every manager walked because they couldn't get that left back they wanted....

Guest sicko2ndbest

I love keegan to bits but he is not void of blame. To want the reported severance pay he is seeking, and i say 'reported', is greedy, plain and simple.

Ashley is also not void of blame for messing Keegan about the way he did.

The pair of them have an equal share of the blame for me, and they should both fucking grow up!

I was at a John Bez talk in and he siad he was told Xisco was a lad they would buy for about 500k. He syas thats fine. He finds out he was for 6 mill. Half his oney from Milner. He obviously went off it!!! I would walk to be honest if that had happened, especially if you knew who the 12 mill was going to go on!

if the rumours are true then schweinsteiger was agreed then the player pulled out on deadline day.

then again it's all rumour and conjecture right now. if it is going to tribunal this week i hope it's open.

tbf, keegan's history is exactly not going to help his case one bit, after walking out on every club he's been at

tbf at least one of those wlakings out was to take the national teams managers job. (hardly walking out in other words)

tbf, keegan's history is exactly not going to help his case one bit, after walking out on every club he's been at

tbf at least one of those wlakings out was to take the national teams managers job. (hardly walking out in other words)

Where would the club be if he hadnt have walked out that first time after a couple of weeks ?

Where would the club be if he hadnt have walked out that first time after a couple of weeks ?

if i've understood that right then we'd be where we are now as he returned after his first flounce.

if i've understood that right then we'd be where we are now as he returned after his first flounce.

But its this idea that the flounce is a personal hissy fit instead of a calculated judgement to get what he wants for the benefit of the club - as that first, flounce if thats what you want to call it, proved.

But its this idea that the flounce is a personal hissy fit instead of a calculated judgement to get what he wants for the benefit of the club - as that first, flounce if thats what you want to call it, proved.

but according to folklore it was terry mac that talked him into returning not hall etc giving in.

I was at a John Bez talk in and he siad he was told Xisco was a lad they would buy for about 500k. He syas thats fine. He finds out he was for 6 mill. Half his oney from Milner. He obviously went off it!!! I would walk to be honest if that had happened, especially if you knew who the 12 mill was going to go on!

In which case either John Bez or his source are talking through their arse. You don't pick up a current Spanish Under 21 international striker for 500K.

I've said it before, but it's not just the players we brought in that tipped Keegan over the edge, but the players we didn't.  Everyone keeps saying it was Xisco/Gonzalez that pushed him over the edge but I think the biggest problem was that we still didn't sign a LB, who Keegan wanted for ages.

Exactly. I'd have been extremely pissed off with what happened with regards to Modric and not getting someone in the centre of midfield.

Not to mention the promises he made to the fans after Milner was sold, that the money would be spent.

After Keegan said he wouldn't be sold, then told us selling him was his decision.

Too many half truths with Keegan, hence why some people are sceptical about him.

I'm not claiming he hasn't got character flaws. He clearerly has like all of us but I'll defend him over the fiasco which is Mike f***ing Ashley any day of the week. 

I felt let down like the rest of us when he left BUT his reasons for doing so have become apparant over time.

So you are saying that Keegans return to Newcastle was for other reasons and this far out weighs the mess Ashley has got us in?  What proof do you have thats says KK came back with other motives in mind???

I said KK left beause he could not get Ashley to spend the clubs money on players that were seriously needed he felt he had to leave to push the situation further.  he was proved right.

What you say above is good and correct and I agree with it, as I always have.

It is difficult to estimate how much of this MESS was Ashley's fault, but (as owner) he has to take by far the bulk of the blame.

Now, without you having met him, or 'seen the photos', I would imagine you will agree with that.

The reasons Keegan left (that you mention) are all valid, as I have always said, and are undoubtedly part of it. BUT, many people continue to rationalise and over-simplify the reason why he left, "latching on" to the Ashley-and-funds-and-choice-of-players, thing.

It is most unlikely that anything as simple as that would have caused him to leave - it he came here to "finish the job" etc - with the speed with which he did.

It just does not FIT.

It smells.

There must be more to it than just that.

There is a lot more complexity in why Keegan returned and why he left so soon, that the simply-presented "reasons" of the funds and choice of players, that so many people (as said) happily latch on to as being the be-all-and-end-all of the situation.

C'mon, the whole thing STINKS.

I really cannot find any other way to say this now. I have described the "Ashley & Funds" bit, as the 'last chapter' and the 'last page', and I have tried many other ways to get the message across here - so I can do no more.

Simply, there is more to it than that - it stinks to high heaven.

He came back as soon as the Halls and Shepherds were out of the club, he came in thinking Mike Ashley was going to at least take the club forward, it then became apparent that Ashley had no intension to spend and he was going to reduce the operating costs of the club.

KK couldn't deal with Ashley, Lambias and Wise as they were f*** nuts without a clue so was either sacked or quit.

I'm not sure where you get this "must be another reason" for him to return from.

Are you basing your argument for KK coming back with other motives on that shitty lazy article in one of the papers sayng it was because Soccer Circus was struggling and he needed cash.

The same Soccer Circus which is still going even in the recession.

Keegan, the person, the "motives" . . . have to share the blame for our demise with Ashley.

They have both 'done us in' for the next few years, at least.

Playing in the Europa League, The Champions League and challenging for the League Title - are still a long way off - thanks to BOTH of them . . .

This club would never have played champions league football in it's history were it not for Kevin Keegan. And yet it's apparently partly his fault we're not very close to it now. Fucking staggering.

I'm not claiming he hasn't got character flaws. He clearerly has like all of us but I'll defend him over the fiasco which is Mike f***ing Ashley any day of the week. 

I felt let down like the rest of us when he left BUT his reasons for doing so have become apparant over time.

So you are saying that Keegans return to Newcastle was for other reasons and this far out weighs the mess Ashley has got us in?  What proof do you have thats says KK came back with other motives in mind???

I said KK left beause he could not get Ashley to spend the clubs money on players that were seriously needed he felt he had to leave to push the situation further.  he was proved right.

It is difficult to estimate how much of this MESS was Ashley's fault, but (as owner) he has to take by far the bulk of the blame.

Now, without you having met him, or 'seen the photos', I would imagine you will agree with that.

The reasons Keegan left (that you mention) are all valid, as I have always said, and are undoubtedly part of it. BUT, many people continue to rationalise and over-simplify the reason why he left, "latching on" to the Ashley-and-funds-and-choice-of-players, thing.

It is most unlikely that anything as simple as that would have caused him to leave - it he came here to "finish the job" etc - with the speed with which he did.

It just does not FIT.

It smells.

There is a lot more complexity in why Keegan returned and why he left so soon, that the simply-presented "reasons" of the funds and choice of players, that so many people (as said) happily latch on to as being the be-all-and-end-all of the situation.

I really cannot find any other way to say this now. I have described the "Ashley & Funds" bit, as the 'last chapter' and the 'last page', and I have tried many other ways to get the message across here - so I can do no more.

He came back as soon as the Halls and Shepherds were out of the club, he came in thinking Mike Ashley was going to at least take the club forward, it then became apparent that Ashley had no intension to spend and he was going to reduce the operating costs of the club.

KK couldn't deal with Ashley, Lambias and Wise as they were f*** nuts without a clue so was either sacked or quit.

I'm not sure where you get this "must be another reason" for him to return from.

Are you basing your argument for KK coming back with other motives on that shitty lazy article in one of the papers sayng it was because Soccer Circus was struggling and he needed cash.

Keegan, the person, the "motives" . . . have to share the blame for our demise with Ashley.

Playing in the Europa League, The Champions League and challenging for the League Title - are still a long way off - thanks to BOTH of them . . .

This club would never have played champions league football in it's history were it not for Kevin Keegan. And yet it's apparently partly his fault we're not very close to it now. Fucking staggering.

C'mon! People can't do something right one decade, and then fuck it up the next? We all have our successes and failures, and KK is just another human being... though you wouldn't guess it from the way some people seem to see him.

It just does not FIT.

It smells.

C'mon! People can't do something right one decade, and then fuck it up the next? We all have our successes and failures, and KK is just another human being... though you wouldn't guess it from the way some people seem to see him.

I was merely pointing out the idiosyncrasy of criticising KK for us currently being a long way from CL qualification. I'm pretty sure you knew this and chose to ignore it though. I haven't got the energy to go any further with a discussion of Keggy's merits, don't think this thread is the place to do it either mind.

I agree that too many people on here have looked upon Keegan as a God for too long, based purely on his 5 years period in the 90s when he spent just as much, if not more, than other managers around at the time. That was all history when he came back.

Whether Ashley has gone back on promises to KK or not, is immaterial in this discussion. As some once else pointed out earlier in this thread, how many other managers would have spat the dummy because he couldnt get the owner to buy him a left back? I would say, virtually none. I dont buy the argument from KK about Denis Wise involvement either. As far as I recall, KK admitted he knew Wise was going to be appointed  before he came back.

I have no doubts at all that Keegan's ego mplayed a huge part in this whole saga and the biggest mistake Ashley made was appointing a so called fans favourite who would ultimately use his popularity with the fans to try and gain the ascendancy in the club.

Lets be honest here, whereever Keegan has gone in the past, he has not been able to operate without substantial funds and it has been clear for long enough now that the financial state of the club, even before Keegan came back, has been horrendous and needed to be addressed without any further financial deterioration. Keegan wanted his slice, the club could not afford it, Keegan spat his usual dummy and now, we are paying for the consequences. I hope Ashley wins his case againast Keegan, because KK neither deserves or warrants any financial compensation for his role in this whole saga. He should be ashamed of himself. a real bloody con man, if ever I saw one. AND YOU SUPPORTERS MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

I agree that too many people on here have looked upon Keegan as a God for too long, based purely on his 5 years period in the 90s when he spent just as much, if not more, than other managers around at the time. That was all history when he came back.

Whether Ashley has gone back on promises to KK or not, is immaterial in this discussion. As some once else pointed out earlier in this thread, how many other managers would have spat the dummy because he couldnt get the owner to buy him a left back? I would say, virtually none. I dont buy the argument from KK about Denis Wise involvement either. As far as I recall, KK admitted he knew Wise was going to be appointed  before he came back.

I have no doubts at all that Keegan's ego mplayed a huge part in this whole saga and the biggest mistake Ashley made was appointing a so called fans favourite who would ultimately use his popularity with the fans to try and gain the ascendancy in the club.

Lets be honest here, whereever Keegan has gone in the past, he has not been able to operate without substantial funds and it has been clear for long enough now that the financial state of the club, even before Keegan came back, has been horrendous and needed to be addressed without any further financial deterioration. Keegan wanted his slice, the club could not afford it, Keegan spat his usual dummy and now, we are paying for the consequences. I hope Ashley wins his case againast Keegan, because KK neither deserves or warrants any financial compensation for his role in this whole saga. He should be ashamed of himself. a real bloody con man, if ever I saw one. AND YOU SUPPORTERS MAY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

More tripe.

Your far flung location sees you detached from reality but really, there is no excuse given the power of the internet.

When Keegan was appointed by fat ash the reality is that people saw him as a manager with some talent who may turn the team into a decent one and who may see us up near the top 6 or so and looking like challengers. Babbling on the way you do about Keegan being seen as a god or something merely goes to show your knowledge of the club and it's supporters is limited to what you read in the media.

Love the reference to YOU SUPPORTERS by the way. That tells a story. I suggest you stick to stuff about australia and leave the Newcastle stuff to those more clued up.

Strange that Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger both agreed with him though isn't it?