RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The wages are the problem - the players wont take a pay cut so their transfer value is reduced dramatically. Another Leeds mark my words - both the takeover bidders will walk away next week as Ashley wants £100m and the loan to stay in place !!!!!!

Surely if that was the case then the bidders would know in advance of making a bid at all?

I would have thought it would all have been clear in the sales brochure but if that's the case then Ashley will have to have a re-think.  He could probably have sold the club last year if he asked for a reasonable price (which would have been more than the current price) - if he prices people out again, the next time round it would be worth considerably less.

But yet again what is the truth - where Ashley is concerned, it seems to depend on how he feels on any particular day.

Guest habibbeye

It was only once they had proved they had the £100m and entered the famous data room that they found out that Ashley wanted the loan money back too!!

It was only once they had proved they had the £100m and entered the famous data room that they found out that Ashley wanted the loan money back too!!

is it the loan as in 130mill or as the press are suggesting the money he spent on players out of his own pocket (15mill mentioned)?

No  - had to make bid and prove you had the moeny first.

so this

Four consortia were due to begin a process of due diligence yesterday, with the groups who have provided proof of their funding beginning to trawl through the books at St James’ Park.

And it was thought last night that one of those has jumped ahead of the rest and tabled a bid to buy out Ashley, who put a £100m price-tag on the club late last month.

or this

However, according to Seymour Pierce, the bank in charge of the sale process, significant progress has been made this week with four groups already well into the due diligence phase following the opening of an internet data room on Wednesday.

A source close to the deal said: “We remain very optimistic that a takeover will be agreed by the end of this month. Two of the bidders have already shown they are very serious about doing a deal and possibly three of them will make an offer to Mike Ashley.”

is untrue then?

more or less says 4 are doing due diligence but havnt yet made an offer?

They had to show that they had the finance available to bid before being allowed to look at the accounts, that's different from making an  actual offer for the club. No-one would make a commitment to pay c£100m without knowing what they were buying first. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

They had to show that they had the finance available to bid before being allowed to look at the accounts, that's different from making an  actual offer for the club. No-one would make a commitment to pay c£100m without knowing what they were buying first. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

yeah thats what i thought

The wages are the problem - the players wont take a pay cut so their transfer value is reduced dramatically. Another Leeds mark my words - both the takeover bidders will walk away next week as Ashley wants £100m and the loan to stay in place !!!!!!

Want to supply any evidence for this or have you just guessed?

Want to supply any evidence for this or have you just guessed?

well he reckons that bids were made before even looking at the books so what do you reckon  :kinnear:

Guest sicko2ndbest

SOLD!

To the co founder of micosoft, who is going to give Shearer 150m to spend on players, put David Dein in charge of day to day affairs and cut season ticket prices in half for the first season as a good will gesture.

Carlsberg dont do headlines, but if they did they would probably be the best in the world!

Guest Phil K

Latest :- take over by end of the season.

Latest :- take over by end of the century

Never thought I'd be so bored and repulsed of the sick mess that NUFC has become as I am now....

Aye, when your mate took over he apparently paid more than that without having any clue.

Aye, when your mate took over he apparently paid more than that without having any clue.

:lol:

SOLD!

To the co founder of micosoft, who is going to give Shearer 150m to spend on players, put David Dein in charge of day to day affairs and cut season ticket prices in half for the first season as a good will gesture.

only in dreams......

Carlsberg dont do headlines, but if they did they would probably be the best in the world!

My mate?

What James (not that James) has taken over the club!?! He never told me anything about that!! The bastard, he said he was skint last night, I'll need to be having words!

PS: Get a grip. O0

missed off the end of your sentence there....here, you know me,we go way back so i'll help.

Aye, when your mate took over he apparently paid more than that without having any clue as to the mess the club was in.

Guest habibbeye

You will all apologise this week when SP announce problems and Hughton is announced as interim manager taking pre-season.