RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In summary Kinnear or Hughton/Calderwood? Views? And to those saying neither please give realistic alternatives in the scenario of no-sale in the near future.

No idea on this one, to be honest. It probably doesn't make any appreciable difference whether we have H&C or Kinnear. Except with Kinnear we would be waiting for him to keel over at any moment.

Maybe we would do better with transfers with Kinnear, but I can't see us making many of those anyway with the ownership situation unresolved.

With every passing day it feels more and more likely Fat Fred will return.

He is apparently very confident that he will takeover.

Well I wish he'd f***ing hurry up.

the thing is fred is always very confident.......confident with abandon at times.

In summary Kinnear or Hughton/Calderwood? Views? And to those saying neither please give realistic alternatives in the scenario of no-sale in the near future.

No idea on this one, to be honest. It probably doesn't make any appreciable difference whether we have H&C or Kinnear. Except with Kinnear we would be waiting for him to keel over at any moment.

Maybe we would do better with transfers with Kinnear, but I can't see us making many of those anyway with the ownership situation unresolved.

R.taylor, kevin nolan.

I really don't get this at all.

Any new owners will obviously know that this delay is going to affect their future revenue ie. season ticket sales, possible team purchases (including a manager), club merchandise even league placement (because of the shit state of our squad).

Ashley, if he is pissing around, will end up putting peoples noses out of joint and they will just walk away. And therefore lose even more money.

IF Llambais was to be believed (ha ha yeh right) then the first club to match the pricetag would get the club. And yet according to said dickhead, they have received "at least 2" offers that meet their price. Whats the hold up?

I know Harris has to look over this and that, but as i said before he's had nearly a month to check the various people involved. So you would think this should be a relatively quick process.

But yet for some reason we are getting now, from the Ronnie, that it's still going at a snails pace. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

With every passing day it feels more and more likely Fat Fred will return.

He is apparently very confident that he will takeover.

Well I wish he'd f***ing hurry up.

the thing is fred is always very confident.......confident with abandon at times.

His sons mate who used to give excellent inside info on Skunkers reckoned they were very quiet and saying nowt on the subject at the beginning of last week and giving the impression they weren't interested/in the running. He says that has now changed and they are definately in the running and very confident that they are in pole position.

My take on this is that they are either the only real bidders and know this, or they know that the other bidders will be completely put off paying the asking price by what they find while doing the due diligence and are just biding their time until Ashley either puts the club into administration or caves in and sells to them at a knock down price.

No way this deal gets done by the end of next week, wave beye beye to Beye, Bassong, Colo, Enrique, Oba, Taylor,Jonas and I guess many others.

He has killed us, we have no future as a club anymore.

NUFC are bigger than all of that lot man, of course we have a future (might not be a good future but we have one!).  Beye's the only one i'd be gutted to see leave.  As for the rest, Colo, Jonas, Enrique and Martins won't be stopping even if we get took over as WE CAN'T AFFORD them and they've hardly set the world on fire have they?  Would like Taylor and bassong to stay but they are probably 2 of the few players we can sell to raise funds to buy new players anyway.

R.taylor, kevin nolan.

To be fair to the bloke, Mbia was his number one choice.

Disclaimer: the above is in no way any indication that I back him even half a percent to come back.

Any new owners will obviously know that this delay is going to affect their future revenue ie. season ticket sales, possible team purchases (including a manager), club merchandise even league placement (because of the shit state of our squad).

Ashley, if he is pissing around, will end up putting peoples noses out of joint and they will just walk away. And therefore lose even more money.

IF Llambais was to be believed (ha ha yeh right) then the first club to match the pricetag would get the club. And yet according to said dickhead, they have received "at least 2" offers that meet their price. Whats the hold up?

I know Harris has to look over this and that, but as i said before he's had nearly a month to check the various people involved. So you would think this should be a relatively quick process.

But yet for some reason we are getting now, from the Ronnie, that it's still going at a snails pace. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Llambias said no such thing.

Llambias said no such thing.

Aye i've just realized that myself, but it was a "club source" that said it or someone like that.

The point being, that we can't trust a word that any of these people say. And i can see Ashley fucking this up royally.

On a different note, i didn't think you'd be sticking up for Llambais. :shifty:

To be fair, if I was spunking close to a million quid on a perennially underachieving football club during a recession, trying to do it as soon as possible just to calm the fans down wouldn't really be high on the priority list.

To be fair, if I was spunking close to a million quid on a perennially underachieving football club during a recession, trying to do it as soon as possible just to calm the fans down wouldn't really be high on the priority list.

So Shepherd's bid is public knowledge :kasper:

A guy I work with (never been one to talk shite or claimed to be in ITK) has passed on some information that is not really new but may shed light on why everything has come to a standstill.

Apparently there have been 3 bids in excess of £100M, however Ashley would only trouser about half of that amount as the bids include paying outstanding transfer fees, undertaking the overdraft etc. Ashley isn't too keen on playing ball as he wants to gain £100M himself, meaning in reality he really wants about £150M.

Seymour Pierce have allegedly named the Asian Consortium as the preferred bidder, as they offer the best options in terms of stability and future investment, however they also offer Ashley a worse option in what he would gain in cash. Shepherd's consortium apparently offer the best deal for Ashley in relation to what he would gain, but only by about £10M, and would also leave Shepherd and Co to pay off some transfer fees. Interestingly, the Asians (No clarification was given whether or not these were Malaysian or not) also have a local businessman as part of their consortium, and he would likely be their figurehead if their bid came to fruition. They would almost certainly put Shearer in charge, and he would be given a modest transfer budget, but also be allowed to spend any incoming fees. The business plans of all 3 bids are based on promotion this season. Ashley believes he can force at least one of the group's hands to stump up a little extra cash, and has told Seymour Pierce this, who have advised him he's unlikely to be offered more than he already has, and to run with one of the 3 offers. He doesn't want to do business with Shepherd though, although it's looking increasingly likely that he might have to.

As I said only what I've been told, sounds quite plausible and was apparently from someone at Barclays

A guy I work with (never been one to talk shite or claimed to be in ITK) has passed on some information that is not really new but may shed light on why everything has come to a standstill.

Apparently there have been 3 bids in excess of £100M, however Ashley would only trouser about half of that amount as the bids include paying outstanding transfer fees, undertaking the overdraft etc. Ashley isn't too keen on playing ball as he wants to gain £100M himself, meaning in reality he really wants about £150M.

Seymour Pierce have allegedly named the Asian Consortium as the preferred bidder, as they offer the best options in terms of stability and future investment, however they also offer Ashley a worse option in what he would gain in cash. Shepherd's consortium apparently offer the best deal for Ashley in relation to what he would gain, but only by about £10M, and would also leave Shepherd and Co to pay off some transfer fees. Interestingly, the Asians (No clarification was given whether or not these were Malaysian or not) also have a local businessman as part of their consortium, and he would likely be their figurehead if their bid came to fruition. They would almost certainly put Shearer in charge, and he would be given a modest transfer budget, but also be allowed to spend any incoming fees. The business plans of all 3 bids are based on promotion this season. Ashley believes he can force at least one of the group's hands to stump up a little extra cash, and has told Seymour Pierce this, who have advised him he's unlikely to be offered more than he already has, and to run with one of the 3 offers. He doesn't want to do business with Shepherd though, although it's looking increasingly likely that he might have to.

As I said only what I've been told, sounds quite plausible and was apparently from someone at Barclays

thats probably correct tbh. it sounds realisitc anyways...

If that is the actual reasoning behind all of this, then I can see all of the bidders withdrawing their offers. Nobody is going to pay around £150 for a Championship club ffs, not many Premiership clubs have gone for that.

:clap: thanks for everything, Mike.

Guest Geordie Boyo

He got himself into this mess and now he should suffer for it never mind trying to get back what he paid. He can winge all he likes, what about us!?! Dickhead! He's always gonna have his millions despite not being successful here. SELL UP NOW FAT BOY! DO SOMETHING RIGHT.....FOR ONCE....!

Man, he really and truly is...a complete idiot businesman, and how he made his money is unbeliveable. 

When the advisor, the investment banker, is  telling you to take a deal, they've used all their analysts, models, due dillegence on the buyers to know that this is the best possible scenario for all parties involved. And Fat Ash is a complete tool.  I'm sure Seymore Price will be wary working with Ashley ever again.