RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I was talking about your prediction he might bring in a non-English speaking manager, the only thing I've heard about his choice of manager was the suggestion when the story first broke that he'd bring in Keegan. If Daei's a good coach and can speak or is willing to speak English and the manager (whoever he may be) wants him onboard, that's fine.  If Mahjoob's for real and he brings in a load of free Iranian no-hopers on the basis that they're his Dad's mates nephew or something rather than investing in the team then it'll be bad.  If he brings across the next Ali Karimi or Karim Bagheri to supplement a team sourced from a wide range of clubs and countries, it'll be excellent.  In the position we're in at the moment there are few World Cup countries whose very best players we could turn our noses up now, even if they're hardly Brazil on the world stage.

Yep that's a very good point and I can see it from your point of view, if he can bring in those kinds of players fantastic but if he floods our field with useless no hopers and then tells the manager who to play that would be bad. I just hope they can have good communication with the fans unlike the current regime.

A new member posting and not just sneaking around :frantic:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm could be Iranian

I hate to disappoint you boys, but i'm afraid i'm not!

I'm sirously confused about all this takeover business though, dare I say it, maybe Fat Freddy would've been an easier option after all!

Has the takeover been confirmed yet?

If they are in the final stages of negotiations then assuming there's no last minute hitch, it should be announced by Monday at the latest.

Happy days.

Guest toonlass

Funny that we have had nowt for weeks happening, and suddenly this news appears, Oba is set to join Wolfsberg, Forster goes out on loan, Beye hands in a transfer request. Hmmmmmmm

Funny that we have had nowt for weeks happening, and suddenly this news appears, Oba is set to join Wolfsberg, Forster goes out on loan, Beye hands in a transfer request. Hmmmmmmm

I think it proves the takeover is imminent, just got to wait for the announcement now. It probably won't be today now though for obvious reasons.

Guest sicko2ndbest

MA said Sir Bobs seats will be his for as long as he is owner.

Seems a strange thing to say if a deal is close :(

Guest Heneage

He might just be covering his back for any future owner.

Either way they should be given to his family for life.

Kept empty for ever. Black and white scarf and nowt else.

Guest Phil K

Is this a Sirious bid ?

I'd even accept the club bought by Sirius Black from Harry Potter - but he's sadly dead

Guest The Libertine

thats a bit much.

splitter, nothing is too much

thats a bit much.

Guest Phil K

Actually reading some of the "comments" from this "Mr Serious" (bringing in his mate in Iran to train the squad for example) has me despairing......... :facepalm:

I repeat - this cannot be Sirous.

Actually reading some of the "comments" from this "Mr Serious" (bringing in his mate in Iran to train the squad for example) has me despairing......... :facepalm:

I don't know why people find it so difficult to engage their brain before making such assumptions. Does anyone seriously think someone will invest £100m in a football club then turn it into a training academy for a country thousands of miles away?

I don't know why people find it so difficult to engage their brain before making such assumptions. Does anyone seriously think someone will invest £100m in a football club then turn it into a training academy for a country thousands of miles away?

Exactly. I'd imagine it'll be similar to Shiniwatra at City where he sent some of Thailand's youths and putting them in the reserves & Academy rather than first-team.

Guest Heneage

splitter, nothing is too much

thats a bit much.

Also not what he would have wnated. Bums on seats watching the game.

Exactly ,if one thing he'll be remembered for it's encouraging new generations to get into the game and support Newcastle.

Guest Phil K

Did you seriously think some London businessman would pay hundreds of millions and pay off debts only to destroy the club and get it relegated ?

Why not try engaging YOUR brain - it's fun. Try it.

Guest Reservoir Mags

Did you seriously think some London businessman would pay hundreds of millions and pay off debts only to destroy the club and get it relegated ?

With respect, whatever we think of Ashley I don't believe for a minute that his intention when he bought the club was to destroy NUFC and get us relegated.  That has been a consequence of his poor management and bad decisions.

With respect, whatever we think of Ashley I don't believe for a minute that his intention when he bought the club was to destroy NUFC and get us relegated.  That has been a consequence of his poor management and bad decisions.

Yes that's a reasoned view, but not everyone wants to see the situation in context, for some it's more important to push their point relevant or not...as we'll probably see in subsequent replies.

Yes that's a reasoned view, but not everyone wants to see the situation in context, for some it's more important to push their point relevant or not...as we'll probably see in subsequent replies.

Tbh his supposed quote 'doing this for Iranian football' can be interpreted a number of ways, no one knows what his plans are except it will involve Iranian personnel in some form.