RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Actually reading some of the "comments" from this "Mr Serious" (bringing in his mate in Iran to train the squad for example) has me despairing......... :facepalm:

I repeat - this cannot be Sirous.

I don't know why people find it so difficult to engage their brain before making such assumptions. Does anyone seriously think someone will invest £100m in a football club then turn it into a training academy for a country thousands of miles away?

Did you seriously think some London businessman would pay hundreds of millions and pay off debts only to destroy the club and get it relegated ?

Why not try engaging YOUR brain - it's fun. Try it.

With respect, whatever we think of Ashley I don't believe for a minute that his intention when he bought the club was to destroy NUFC and get us relegated.  That has been a consequence of his poor management and bad decisions.

Yes that's a reasoned view, but not everyone wants to see the situation in context, for some it's more important to push their point relevant or not...as we'll probably see in subsequent replies.

Tbh his supposed quote 'doing this for Iranian football' can be interpreted a number of ways, no one knows what his plans are except it will involve Iranian personnel in some form.

Using some common sense I would imagine anyone buying the club will want it to be successful and the key personnel will probably reflect that.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If this is a wind up it's in very bad taste to continue it with SBR's death. How low will people sink to deride newcastle fans, it beggars belief. If it is true then it'd be good to let the fans know now so we can look forward to a brighter future without MA

Are we any further forward on whether or not this guy actually exists?

No, the media will probably never mention it again. A couple of phone calls and they could get some sort of confirmation.

I found it somewhat odd that neither The Journal nor Chronicle mentioned this "story" at all today.

I found it even more odd that I couldn't see a thread on TTastic when I looked in earlier.

If this is a wind up it's in very bad taste to continue it with SBR's death. How low will people sink to deride newcastle fans, it beggars belief. If it is true then it'd be good to let the fans know now so we can look forward to a brighter future without MA

I think its more likely that they're delaying an announcement in respect of today's news.

I don't think anyone would sink that low mate.

Why does everyone think this is a goer?

We have had much more solid looking info materialise into nothing.

No one major has even sniffed at this.

Most people think it's bullshit, the thread is full of people talking about manboobs, handjobs etc.

Most people think it's bullshit, the thread is full of people talking about manboobs, handjobs etc.

True, looking back its mainly gazzaA2 posting numerous times making me think different!

True, looking back its mainly gazzaA2 posting numerous times making me think different!

And a thread title that states someone is in final negotiations to buy the club perhaps?

Something will develop on this shortly.

Guest Phil K

rumour I've heard is that there is only one bidder and thats Shephed at £65million

Now I wonder who started that rumour...

Maybe due to Ashley's smoke and mirrors on other bids showing no end product and we're almost at the start of the season rather than Shepherd as you claim.

And a thread title that states someone is in final negotiations to buy the club perhaps?

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shit, you mean, all this time its been Dave's fault for not updating the thread title to 'Newcastle United SOLD!'... DAMN YOU, DAVE!

Guest DavB93

rumour I've heard is that there is only one bidder and thats Shephed at £65million

It ain't no rumour...Shephard has bid £65 million for the club and only had one lot of communication contact from the club and that was to say if he wanted to increase his offer.