RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From reading the forum I was expecting the link to be ebay or something, rather then a very ordinary club statement ???  I'm glad they've confirmed the price they want officially, unlike last time.

Has any other club sold recently put a page up on their official website confirming the asking price? Genuine question, because I don't know that they have. It just seems laughably desperate to me. The email address is just the icing on the cake. :lol:

In any case, aren't they supposedly paying Keith Harris to find a buyer?

It was probably his idea. :)

I'm in the wrong business. :lol:

Freeads next. :nods:

Contact them, see if they'll pay you for an ad on here. :lol:

I just think let them get on with selling it however they want tbh. 

I'm guessing Keith Harris was involved in the statement on the website & I'm guessing he's been involved in corporate disposals before. 

I wonder if they have spent time fielding pointless phonecalls already similar to that story that was in the press about Portsmouth yesterday & have set the email up to combat that?

Sounds like a plan. :lol:

Just looks incredibly desperate and pathetic to me. All these other clubs seem to be able to find interested parties without resorting to putting up pages on their websites. The price tag was widely reported previously and I find it impossible to believe anyone seriously interested would find it difficult to contact them without an anonymous email address being set up.

If it works it works, and the quicker the better. The bigger point however is that this suggests to me nobody at all wants to buy.

But if that is the case what should they do?

Lower the price or knuckle down themselves and get us back in the Premier League ASAP.

Can you imagine if he took it back off the market man? :lol:

All the more reason to quietly try and find a buyer without coming out with his emo ramblings to the Sunday newspapers. :)

People want communication from the club though? ???

It's been confirmed via a direct interview with the press & now on the company website.  Let them get on with selling it however they want, the sooner it happens the better.

Anyway I've got shit loads of work to do today......................... :lol:

He clearly wants to sell it, people clearly want him gone, so I can't see the problem.

You said it yourself you'd be amazed if he sold it quickly. So why is he sitting round doing noubt with the club. He has to hire a manager, he has to start selling and buying players. The club has to continue as normal.

Quickly as in within a week.  I can't see a massive problem so long as it's sorted by the end of this month.  The players who will be going will have to go because of the financial implications of relegation, it's likely a manager will have limited say in that in reality.  I'd much rather the new owners appointed their own man as well.

If it's not sorted by the end of the month then they need to change their approach definately.

He clearly wants to sell it, people clearly want him gone, so I can't see the problem.

You said it yourself you'd be amazed if he sold it quickly. So why is he sitting round doing noubt with the club. He has to hire a manager, he has to start selling and buying players. The club has to continue as normal.

Quickly as in within a week.  I can't see a massive problem so long as it's sorted by the end of this month.  The players who will be going will have to go because of the financial implications of relegation, it's likely a manager will have limited say in that in reality.  I'd much rather the new owners appointed their own man as well.

If it's not sorted by the end of the month then they need to change their approach definately.

What i'm saying is though what if the club is not including the debt in the sale of the club. We have nowhere which says it will be.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Wow........................

just when you thought we couldn't become any more of a laughing stock.

Why don't they put an advert in the classifieds of the Chronicle? Get it on Gumtree?

I know why its not on Ebay, you can't set a Buy it Now of £100m. I bet they're gutted.

Hello Mr Ashley

My name is Horace Mgumbo.  I am wealthy Nigeria business man.  The type you might see in Hollywood movie good friend.  I would love to be buying your football club.  My uncle is Minister of Banking here in Nigeria and has the sum of $100,000,000 British Dollars in secret back account.  I would be very interested to buy this Newcastle United Football Team as I hear they do well in Premiership under your exellent guidence my friend.  If you can send me the sum of $1,000 British Dollars or perhaps if that is too difficult give me contract to excellent player Nicky Butt we can do some excellent business dealings.

Doctor Horace Mgumbo.

Professor of finacnial Studys

Nigeria institute of Businesses and Money

Wonder if it'll get a reply.

West Ham have been up for sale for a while because of the financial problems of the Icelandic owners.  Portsmouth were up for sale because of their owner could no longer afford to run the club.  Everton have been up for sale for ages.  Blackburn are up for sale.

All of those clubs (and others no doubt) have continued to run themselves in a professional manner and let takeover issues stay in the background.  Ashley has basically closed us down and is trying to sell off our assets (players) until we get sold.  The longer this goes on, the more damaging it is to the club and surely that means, it will be worth a lot less than £100m.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/editorials.nsf/LookupUNID/B198C1AF2377100D802575CF0028CF4E?OpenDocument

DAMAGE

It now seems abundantly clear that for Mike Ashley, getting out of Newcastle United is the only thing he is interested in. So focused is Ashley on getting back some, any dough for the club he foolishly bought just over two years ago, is blinding him to his responsibilities for his stewardship of the club. Though terms such as “responsibility” and “good stewardship” are probably as alien to him as the mysteries of advanced mathematics are to me. The basics of management are being neglected at a football club, which seems intent upon publicly disembowelling itself.

Statements that he is waiting for the word for the bankers who are doing the numbers on Alan Shearer’s pre-conditions for taking the job should be treated with large pinches of salt. How long does it take? Ashley’s previous statements regarding Alan Shearer are currently being undone by the man’s inertia.

It is difficult to get your head around the incompetence of this man, who just when you think he has reached the bottom, somehow manages to find another shovel and starts digging again. It begs belief.

Where are the pre-season friendlies? Who is moving the players, we can’t afford, out of the club? Who is negotiating with agents and clubs to bring in the players we now need to get the club back into the PL? Or at this rate – keep us in whatever they call the Second Division these days? The club is heading for oblivion under this absolute disaster of a man.

When are the season ticket renewal packs being issued? What is the deal with them? At proper clubs this stuff is well underway. Ashley may have demonstrated in spades that he understands absolutely nothing about football but surely he understands that the club could make some, but by no means much, from season ticket sales?

Ashley’s treatment of Alan Shearer is nothing short of disgraceful and provides further proof if it were ever needed not only of the man’s complete lack of class but his utter unsuitability to have anything whatsoever to do with Newcastle United Football Club. Or any football club for that matter.

How he ever came to be the owner of Newcastle United is a question for Sir John Hall, who was the prime mover in selling us down the river to this utter goon. Statements from Hall that Ashley came to NUFC with the right intentions and with the plan to globalise his Sports Direct brand are absolutely risible. He could have done that with a sponsorship deal of any major PL club. No, Hall, sold out to Ashley because he was greedy. Hall sold to Ashley because he wanted his money. It was the return on his investment and that is only ever how Hall viewed NUFC in my opinion. Indeed, it is believed by many that Hall sold out to Ashley without really knowing who he was or certainly without meeting the man.

That Ashley should have been checked out by Hall relies upon our former Chairman displaying any kind of responsibility towards or club. When I compare the manner in which the much maligned ex-Sunderland Chairman, Bob Murray was painstaking in his rigour to find out all about the people backing Niall Quinn and the original Drumaville consortium then planning to relieve him of a sinking Sunderland, it places into perspective Hall’s actions when he sold us out. Hall couldn’t give a fuck about Newcastle United Football Club – it was only ever about the money to him in my opinion.

Freddie Shepherd was right in this last week to criticise Hall for selling us without checking Ashley out – even though it was rich for him to comment so given his role in making terrible managerial appointments, racking up crippling debts on terrible players, failing to invest seriously in the club’s coaching, academy, medical and scouting infrastructure which left us dependent upon agents like Willie McKay who has put one dreadful player after another onto our playing staff. And as Shepherd, seeks to have himself back at NUFC as a part of one of the consortiums we have to ask what makes this man think, given the ten years of mismanagement he presided over at NUFC as Chairman, he can get us out of this mess and restore us to some respectability?

We have heard from the man Ashley has appointed to sell the club – the banker Keith Harris that he is optimistic a sale can be pushed through before the end of this month. Well, we’ve heard this before haven’t we? And without knowing the detail of who or what is circling around NUFC we should be cautious if not suspicious about who wants in on the action on Barrack Road and why. Remember Harris works for Ashley - not Newcastle United FC. Harris' objective is to get the best possible deal for Ashley and himself as its likely he'll be on an incentive to do just that. None of these men have the long term health of Newcastle United in mind. It is laughable to imagine they will pause for one moment to consider how their actions are damaging a major regional institution or the impact all of this has upon the city, the region and the people who care about it deeply. They couldn't give a fuck in my opinion.

One thing is for certain and that is whilst the club teeters on the brink of absolute meltdown there is absolutely no incentive for any of us to think about renewing season tickets or for corporate customers to put their money into the club. Why would one supporter but one penny into NUFC right now?

Ashley has made every situation he has created much worse with sudden, irrational moves which frankly, bewilder us all and have many of us scratching our heads as to how a man could have made so much money in business – even though he has systematically set about losing so much of it at NUFC. The man appears to be I the throes of blind panic, thrashing around, desperately hoping someone will give him some money for the club he bought for no apparent reason two years ago in a hurry and relieve him of a source of national if not international humiliation. What kind of reputation does this man now have in the business world?

Many of us are now beyond the point of anger at what Ashley has done to our club and now simply desperately concerned at what happens next because it doesn’t promise to be good.

Keep On, Keepin’ On …

What Ashley's doing to us is like putting your house up for sale and then setting about it with a sledgehammer. It's now not a question of Ashley's business acumen, it's a question of the man's sanity.

Question for financial types:

Presuming we can offload our ridiculously high earners from the wage bill, how much more money could Ashley theoretically lose than he has already?

it's a shame noel edmonds isn't doing his swap shop anymore........

"hello who's that"

"it's mike"

noel...."hello mike, what have you got"

mike..."a football club.....newcastle united football club"

noel..."is it in good working order ?"

mike..."well some bits are broken and a bit worn out but you can still get a game out of it"

noel...."and what would you like to swap for your football club mike"

mike....."a scalextrik or a buckaroo please"

Hello Mr Ashley

My name is Horace Mgumbo.  I am wealthy Nigeria business man.  The type you might see in Hollywood movie good friend.  I would love to be buying your football club.  My uncle is Minister of Banking here in Nigeria and has the sum of $100,000,000 British Dollars in secret back account.  I would be very interested to buy this Newcastle United Football Team as I hear they do well in Premiership under your exellent guidence my friend.  If you can send me the sum of $1,000 British Dollars or perhaps if that is too difficult give me contract to excellent player Nicky Butt we can do some excellent business dealings.

Doctor Horace Mgumbo.

:mackems:

Presuming we can offload our ridiculously high earners from the wage bill, how much more money could Ashley theoretically lose than he has already?

I suppose a quick way of looking at it is that on a turnover (income) of £100 million the club is losing maybe £20 million a year in the Premiership. Lets say incoming revenue drops to £60 million in the Championship so Ashley needs to save £40 milion of costs to get back to where he was in the Prem and he needs to save about £60 million of costs to get to break even. You might be able to drop £30 million off the wage bill (if you are lucky) so he would still be well out of pocket.

Hello Mr Ashley

Doctor Horace Mgumbo.

:mackems:

:lol:

I suppose a quick way of looking at it is that on a turnover (income) of £100 million the club is losing maybe £20 million a year in the Premiership. Lets say incoming revenue drops to £60 million in the Championship so Ashley needs to save £40 milion of costs to get back to where he was in the Prem and he needs to save about £60 million of costs to get to break even. You might be able to drop £30 million off the wage bill (if you are lucky) so he would still be well out of pocket.

Hmm, still quite a lot then. Cheers.

Hmm, still quite a lot then. Cheers.

The club is a financial basket case imo and has been for a few years but, as it stands right now, it is onto a whole new level.

Just waiting for Ashley to offer a free pair of trainers and a Sports Direct t shirt to anyone who sticks a bid in before midnight tbh.